I'm in NA and i think guns should be banned4%4% - 5
Other- outline below7%7% - 9
Total: 118
JoshP
Banned
+176|5693|Notts, UK
What does D&ST think?

Discuss

edit: i'm refering to gun ownership America style- i.e. anyone who wants a gun can own one, for self defense purposes, hunting, etc.

Last edited by JoshP (2008-11-23 11:45:24)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6710|67.222.138.85
Right, no one owns guns in Europe. Not in the whole country.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6541|Long Island, New York
As long as strict regulations and backround checks are used, I see no problem with someone who's mentally fit owning a gun.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5693|Notts, UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

See edit. Basically, farmers with shotguns and clay pigeon shooters are not the subject of this thread
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6496|Connecticut
Malloy must go
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

I'm a eurofag and I liek guns.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

BTW Yanks, as a Brit am I allowed to purchase a gun in the States if I'm living there, or do I have to be a US citizen?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5693|Notts, UK

comments on the page wrote:

I find this notion ludicrous. We do not need a nation of armed vigilantes (potential or otherwise) to ensure the peace, but rather active citizens who are willing to stand together against crime in their neighborhoods and cooperate with local authorities to apprehend criminals. This is the way to reduce crime. To draw a link between gun ownership and an overall drop in crime in the US is spurious and the article does not have enough evidence to point to a causative relationship between the two.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5702

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Since when was Europe a country?

jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Pulling a Palin there Flaming?

By the way despite my frequent posts on gun ownership being against it I do actually want the UK to ease up on licenses a bit. I looked at getting one not so long ago and it's pretty hard.

You want to know how I can be against allowing everyone to own a gun here but myself am strongly contemplating purchasing a rifle and license myself?

The answer is easy sir, for I... Am a hypocrite.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

To be fair, if I'm going to get knifed in the face by some cunt I may as well be able to shoot him first. Problem is I'd probably get sent to jail cause the British legal system is utter wank like that. It seems to be mostly black people that get knifed in the UK though, so maybe I'm safe. </subtle racism>
JoshP
Banned
+176|5693|Notts, UK

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Since when was Europe a country?

He was probably trolling for teh lulz
deeznutz1245
+483|6496|Connecticut

JoshP wrote:

I find this notion ludicrous. We do not need a nation of armed vigilantes (potential or otherwise) to ensure the peace, but rather active citizens who are willing to stand together against crime in their neighborhoods and cooperate with local authorities to apprehend criminals. This is the way to reduce crime. To draw a link between gun ownership and an overall drop in crime in the US is spurious and the article does not have enough evidence to point to a causative relationship between the two.
However, it was published by the BBC which on these forums is held to a "can't do wrong" standard.
Malloy must go
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6680
The way I see it, banning guns is like banning the drug trade. Look how well that's going for the US. America's citizens are so used to using guns and rifles, that banning rifles outright would just lead us to something like the War on Drugs we are already fighting. Instead of drugs, we'd be seeing rifles and handguns making their way to the streets. Not to mention the costs of maintaining this "War on Guns" would send our already fragile economy plunging.

To combat the homicide statistics: It's about upbringing. I've seen some terrible parents in the U.S. that don't care if their excuse for offspring drops out of school, becomes a dope addict, and violently kills his dealer for not being on time. If the parents do not teach their child how to deal with stress and anger, they're going to probably murder someone at some point in their life, whether its with a gun, knife, RPG, etc. On the other hand, some parents will discipline their child well when he hits another kid, and he will grow up to be successful in life.

I'm going to take a guess, and say that Britain's parents discipline their child more than some of the redneck/Homey-G parents* in the U.S.

*I'm not saying that all parents in the U.S. are rednecks or home-dawgs, because my parents, and many parents that I know are not like that. I'm using an example
JoshP
Banned
+176|5693|Notts, UK

deeznutz1245 wrote:

JoshP wrote:

However, it was published by the BBC which on these forums is held to a "can't do wrong" standard.
They publish lots of guest columns which are well written and have reasonable editorial standards, even though the points they are making are completely stupid

Although yeah, BBC =

Unbiased media ftw

Last edited by JoshP (2008-11-23 11:59:27)

jord

deeznutz1245 wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Pretty much, least it isn't held to a "can't do wrong" standard AND you have to pay to view the website. Unlike a certain crappy US source.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

ghettoperson wrote:

BTW Yanks, as a Brit am I allowed to purchase a gun in the States if I'm living there, or do I have to be a US citizen?
jord

ghettoperson wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Citizen, I asked like 12 times. But you can shoot, not buy.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

Damn.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5685

Poseidon wrote:

As long as strict regulations and backround checks are used, I see no problem with someone who's mentally fit owning a gun.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6523|Πάϊ

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Crete is in Europe, and they got AK's down there!
https://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/254826511_a6a899aeff.jpg?v=0
ƒ³
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

oug wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Crete is in Europe, and they got AK's down there!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/2548 … ff.jpg?v=0
I've seen a lot of security people with them, and rusty uzi's and the like, but do private citizens have them? (legally)
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6523|Πάϊ
illegaly...

but they do!
ƒ³
deeznutz1245
+483|6496|Connecticut

jord wrote:

Pretty much, least it isn't held to a "can't do wrong" standard AND you have to pay to view the website. Unlike a certain crappy US source.
There are 3 things I don't pay for. Sex, bottled water and anything on the internet.
Malloy must go
jord

deeznutz1245 wrote:

jord wrote:

There are 3 things I don't pay for. Sex, bottled water and anything on the internet.
The only source the BBC has been "challenged" by here is Janes. So I'm just going off that, unless you have a better source?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard