Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6852|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Hm, thinking again, I do remember something about my great-grandfather being on a convoy from Reykjavik to Murmansk or something.

He even got sent to a german POW camp.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6141
Grandpa on my father's side was a Marine in the 50's. He wasn't in the Korean War, the best story he told was when he was at camp pendleton him and another marine went to the beach, there was a shark about 100 yards out, so my grandpa swam out and dragged it back to land by the tail. Shark managed to turn around and bite him in the calf.

Grandpa on my Mothers side was a soldier in the Korean War.

Then my Mom's brother was in the navy.

edit: My Dad recieved a bayonet his uncle got off a dead German in WWII

Last edited by NateWiese (2008-11-12 15:42:16)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon
family on both sides of the revolution. 5th great grandpa killed indians and settled ohio and kentucky. family on both sides of the civil war...WWI, WWII (great uncle died on iwo), korea and vietnam.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6455|Chicago, IL
Both of my grandfathers were marines in WWII

One was slated to be in the first wave of soldiers to hit Japan, thankfully it never happened.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6462|The Twilight Zone

Parker wrote:

family on both sides of the revolution. 5th great grandpa killed indians and settled ohio and kentucky. family on both sides of the civil war...WWI, WWII (great uncle died on iwo), korea and vietnam.
Do you have any of their personal belongings? Pistols, photos and such?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5973|London, England

Basically my uncle's entire family has a huge Navy history, My cousin was down in Annapolis recently

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-11-12 15:31:55)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon

.Sup wrote:

Parker wrote:

Do you have any of their personal belongings? Pistols, photos and such?
the only thing i have is my grandfathers K-Bar (WWII Pacific Theater), which is in my safe deposit box....easily one of my most valued possessions...hence the safe deposit box.

i have held these a couple times:
https://frontierfolk.org/images/sk-horn.jpg

they belonged to my fifth great grandfather. i was told that i smoked out of a tomahawk that he made, but i dont really know how accurate it is...considering the people that told me did not have a written history at the time. its cool to think it might have been his though
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York
Both grandfathers were in the military...paternal grandfather (now deceased) stormed one of the beaches on D-Day, maternal grandfather was in the Navy at the end of WWII and helped build F-14's and the LEM for Grumman.

That's all I know of.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6350|Atlanta, Georgia
My dad was in Guatemala during that little conflict. My father's dad was in Korea and my moms dad was stationed in Germany during WW2. My uncle was also in the Vietnam war. There are many many many more in my family who have fought in wars. I just dont remember them all.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6122|SC | USA |
Lets see.

Maternal Great Grandfather served as a corpsman in the Philippines in WW2.
Maternal Grandfather was 2ks shy of being shipped to Korea
Maternal Great Uncles (2) served in WW2. (Not sure where)
Maternal Great Aunt was a nurse in WW2.

Paternal Grandfather flew F-86s in the 60s
Father flew F15s and F16s in the 90s

I'm sure there's more, this is what I know off the top of my head.
Home
Section.80
+447|6856|Seattle, Washington, USA

Great grandpa served in the SS during WWII.
Grandpa served in the American military after escaping from East Germany, and was stationed in West Germany in the 50's or 60's (not exactly sure which.) He was a BAR marksman and has this certificate thing (I can't find anything about it on the interwebs) that says he is a "Guardian of the Outpost of Democracy."
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
I forgot - my granny made guns for the allies during WWII.
GR34
+215|6553|ALBERTA> CANADA
Grandpa was in RCAF he flew CF-100's T-33 F-5 Huey Chinook seaking quite a few others these are just of of the top of my head

My grandpa's older brother fought in WWII he was one of the first Canadian soldiers to set foot on juno beach on D-Day, he was shot in the head by a ricochet and now has a metal plate in his head. 

My step dad served in the British Army for 25 years he came out a major, I think he was in the SAS because off of his old army friends are currently in the SAS (or at least served in the Falklands) and He has quite a few bad ass pictures of him and his buddies Holding FN FAL's and SA 80's

Others my grandpa flew lightning (not P38) Hawker Hunter , CH-113 Labrador and the javlin fighter jet

Last edited by GR34 (2008-11-12 16:47:45)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
Granny made bombs for ww2, grandad was in merchant navy to malta iirc, and someone on my irish side shot dead a policeman then ran to america.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

Um, all I know if that my Mom's grandpa served in the second World War.
He was in the 1st Armored Car Regiment, I think he was with the Royal Canadian Dragoons.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
Father - USMC, Vietnam. 70-76
My Uncles Glenn, Eugene(Fathers brothers)  Glenn: USMC, Vietnam 72-76, Eugene USMC  1969 [KIA]
Mother - U.S. Navy, Registered Nurse, Vietnam
My Aunt (mother's sister) U.S. Army Medic 80-86
Grandfather (dad's side) 82nd Airborn WW2
Grandfather (Mother's Side) U.S. Navy, WW2 and Korea [Retired before Vietnam Rank Captain]
Great Grandfather (Father's side) Germany side WW1
Great Grandfather's brother Germany side WW1, KIA
Great grandfather (mother's side) WW1 USMC.
Double Great Grandfather (mother's side) US Army Calvary (American Indian Wars)

I had to do a report on this along time ago...

Last edited by S3v3N (2008-11-12 18:29:23)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654

1927 wrote:

Both Grandads was in the war, out in Africa or somewhere. (no longer with me to ask I'm afraid)

Dad did national Service.
one of my grandpas was in WWII, the other one was too young too go, but his two brothers died though in WWII
Evilhamburglar
+4|5980

SgtHeihn wrote:

My Grandfather on my dads side was on the USS West Virgina on 12/07/41 as part of the Marine detachment. He was on watch in his dress blues when the bombing started and had to swim across the bay. He also took part in the Battle for Okinawa.

Grandfather mom's side was in the Air Force during the 50's

Dad and his brother were in college so got draft deferments for Vietnam

Then their is me, 8yrs Marine Corps.

I will get my family history book from my aunt and that has our family all the way back and I can tell more.
My grandpa was discharged from the army at Pearl Harbor on December 6th 1941. Re-enlisted the next day and went on to receive a battlefield commission to 2nd LT. He fought in the pacific theater with the infantry and was stabbed in the face with a bayonet. Numerous plastic surgeries could not hide the scar on his face. I wish I knew which units he was in, one day I will try and research his military history.

My other grandpa fought in the battle of the bulge and numerous other battles in Europe.

Two uncles in Vietnam, one of them still suffers horribly from PTSD. He was a radioman.
iNfinity.
+12|5652|Norway
dad has only trained in Iranian force (not fighting for them.)
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6701|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Grandpa --- U.S. Army, 1950-1960, Korea
Great Uncle --- USMC, 1950-1972, Korea enlisted, Vietnam officer. Retired Major.
Great Uncle --- USMC, 1952-1970, Korea and Vietnam
Great Uncle --- USMC, 1967-1972, Vietnam
Great Uncle --- USMC, 1969-1972, Vietnam
Uncle --- USAF, 1978-1984
Me --- U.S. Navy Corpsman, 2007-present

All I know so far.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard