LightMagic
Banned
+21|6663|Sheerness, UK
Hi

I don't know what you all think but EA should get rid of tags as they light up like a christmas tree when your trying to hide and snipe.
Plus there that stupid bug with tags that makes you team kill by mistake.

Also EA should let eveyone have the euro booster pack for free, because of all the grief the last patch has cause everyone.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
No tags? How will you know that you see a friendly armor and it's not an enemy who stole it.
kiteboarderni
+62|6681
exactly!!
M730A2
+45|6696
Stupid people + Internet access = Useless posts.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Easy... get rid of enemy tags, keep friendly tags.

But then people with crappy PC's like me won't be able to tell the difference at range until it's too late.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6773|London UK

Enemy boat spotted
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN
Sure you can, there is a really handy tool for finding out if the tank in front of you is a friendly... it's called the MINI MAP! 
Learn to love it; and learn to know what direction things are facing from the mini map too.

I have been killed by more people due to the name tag glitch, than I have from artillery... and the glitch doesn't happen that often! Yet even with the name tag glitch, you can see them in blue on the mini map.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6710

LightMagic wrote:

Hi

I don't know what you all think but EA should get rid of tags as they light up like a christmas tree when your trying to hide and snipe.
Plus there that stupid bug with tags that makes you team kill by mistake.

Also EA should let eveyone have the euro booster pack for free, because of all the grief the last patch has cause everyone.
If someone is scaning for a sniper and pauses long enough to get your tag to appear then you have already been seen.  There are very few people that will hold there sights on every black spot to see your tag appear unless they already know there is a sniper about.   You just need to kill them first or have a good excape route if it anything other than an infantry man.

The game would have TKs every half a second with out the tags.

I don't trust the 12yearolds to use the mini map.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-03-01 11:22:44)

andy31419
+1|6750|Savannah - GA
There is a version avaliable without the tags called project reality on totalbf2.  I agree with the minimap.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6663|Sheerness, UK
This bug is still there and just as bad, EA should have fixed this ages ago, I still think there should be no more name tags and we should use the mini to see our allies and take our chances.
Inquatitis
+1|6639
if you want the name pop up thing gone, go play Project Reality.
great mod.
then again i wouldnt mind if they lost it in BF2 as well.
its not that hard telling teams apart, but that would just make it too hard for all the casual gamers out there to actually do something and wait before they shoot.
DTAC
+9|6742
[sarcasm]Great idea.[/sarcasm] I can see snipers getting TKs like it's going out of fashion.

When Battlefield is photorealistic running with minimum specs of 1600x1200 res on a 2gig nVidia 9900 GTX Pro Extreme, then maybe it won't be needed. Until then........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard