CoD:WaW - does it work?

Yes31%31% - 14
No26%26% - 12
I don't know / I shouldn't be voting42%42% - 19
Total: 45
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Yes, I know it's a CoD4 section, but...

There's a heap of people who are reporting problems with the game already (I just got it today). I was just wondering how wide-spread the problems were. I know most people who have it working are playing rather than reading the forums, but BF2S is pretty reliable when it comes to people coming back to visit.
DaMaster
+7|5796|USA, WV
Currently, no. Their servers seem to be having some problems.

But, i got it at release and haven't had any problems until now.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

It is incredibly buggy, at least in single player...

Enemies walk through walls, enemies randomly disappear, you get killed by nonexistent enemies, it's pretty bad.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
Should I get this or CoD4?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

TopHat01 wrote:

neither, but if you have to cod4.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I've played both MP and SP/Co-op. No issues whatsoever.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
cospengle

Miggle wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

I was asked the same question by a clanmate - I said WaW because it's the future (obvious irony). I'm sure the problems with WaW will be fixed, it's just a matter of time. Still, it's disappointing to have to wait for a patch to play the game after such a good game in CoD4.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

cospengle wrote:

Miggle wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

I was asked the same question by a clanmate - I said WaW because it's the future (obvious irony). I'm sure the problems with WaW will be fixed, it's just a matter of time. Still, it's disappointing to have to wait for a patch to play the game after such a good game in CoD4.
May aswell get both, CoD4 is like £20.
#rekt
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
I did have problems with PB, but a manual PB update fixed that, and now it works with no problems.
cospengle
I've read a fair bit about WaW errors, so I'll jsut summarise some of the things that people have sugggested as fixes in case anyone finds it useful (I've tried all of then, except the Vista ones, without success). I'm not going into detail of the errors though since that's the job of Google.

exit any other programs before starting WaW (I think this especially means antivirus/firewall etc)
reinstall, and repatch
update Direct X to version 9.0c (November 2008 edition)
update graphics drivers
disable any modem/unimodem device in device manager
update punkbuster manually

for Vista only:
set default playback format to 24 bit 48000Hz (Studio Quality)
run WaW in XP SP2 compatibility mode

This page is a good summary

Last edited by cospengle (2008-11-17 14:15:02)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6623|pimelteror.de
I remember how many people complained about BF2 and the shitty support and bugs etc, but it seems, that CoD will always have its fanboi scene which buys everything - even when it is just a mod...
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
This is the most retarded bullshit I came across for a while! Why should I buy a game that forces me to disable all other programs, especially virus/firewall (ESPECIALLY when I intend to play online ffs!) in exchange for the mere chance of getting it to run. That´s the most definite no go according to games for me in quite some time.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
cospengle
I found a solution to my problem anyway: http://www.codhq.com/modules.php?name=F … p;start=90
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool

Sisco10 wrote:

This is the most retarded bullshit I came across for a while! Why should I buy a game that forces me to disable all other programs, especially virus/firewall (ESPECIALLY when I intend to play online ffs!) in exchange for the mere chance of getting it to run. That´s the most definite no go according to games for me in quite some time.
As long as you arent downloading stuff from the servers, there shouldnt be any risk of getting a virus from a game
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy this in the UK?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

m3thod wrote:

anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy this in the UK?
try play.com
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
I would say it works...

But earlier today it just wiped 50 hours worth of play from my Profile and restored me to Rank 1 for no discernable reason.

Ergo: Fuck CoD5 and the shitty console-platform developers.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville

cospengle wrote:

Yes, I know it's a CoD4 section, but...

There's a heap of people who are reporting problems with the game already (I just got it today). I was just wondering how wide-spread the problems were. I know most people who have it working are playing rather than reading the forums, but BF2S is pretty reliable when it comes to people coming back to visit.
Shouldn't you have made this before you got it ? Anyways, I've had a few connection failures on my 360 but it has happend this past week only. It really makes me mad when I get a loss of connection when I'm 5/7. It is starting to fuk up my kd which took me for ever to get positive.

Last edited by Obiwan (2008-11-26 13:21:40)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard