fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA
Your thanks is appreciated! As a grandson of a former WWII Major in the US Army I can tell you that his sacrifice was well appreciated and earned!

I could go on and on for the great things Europe has done for the USA. . . . . But I would just like to say Thank You to Europeans for being our friend and ally through "thick and thin" over the years.  The USA has your back, and you have ours and thats a great bond to have going into this next century.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Thanks to both Europe and America.

No thanks to that arsehole Winston Churchill after leaving us to fend for ourselves in Singapore.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6142|New Austin, Not

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what USA did for us, Europeans and the rest of the world during WW1 and 2..
America did nothing during WW2 to help, we didn't need them, by the time they joined in Hitler was almost defeated, yet they write their own deluded version of history, and since that day they join America has not stopped killing others in the name of "American freedom"
Are you fucking kidding me? Get the fuck off your high horse and listen to yourself.
With out the yanks, you and your countrymen would be speaking German right now. All the freedoms you enjoy right now are due to the heroic efforts of servicemen such as the American Soldiers; they payed for freedom with their lives, and their blood so you could enjoy spouting your drivel on these boards. Without them, I'm pretty sure you would be wanking off to your personal copy of Mein Kampf, and worshiping Hitler.

And check your history fool, before the Americans officially declared war in 1941, Continental Europe had their asses handed to them by the Axis. 
Cheers to the Allies, Cheers to the American Army.

Last edited by Rohirm (2008-11-18 00:42:34)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Rohirm wrote:

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what USA did for us, Europeans and the rest of the world during WW1 and 2..
America did nothing during WW2 to help, we didn't need them, by the time they joined in Hitler was almost defeated, yet they write their own deluded version of history, and since that day they join America has not stopped killing others in the name of "American freedom"
Are you fucking kidding me? Get the fuck off your high horse and listen to yourself.
With out the yanks, you and your countrymen would be speaking German right now. All the freedoms you enjoy right now are due to the heroic efforts of servicemen such as the American Soldiers; they payed for freedom with their lives, and their blood so you could enjoy spouting your drivel on these boards. Without them, I'm pretty sure you would be wanking off to your personal copy of Mein Kampf, and worshiping Hitler.

And check your history fool, before the Americans officially declared war in 1941, Continental Europe had their asses handed to them by the Axis. 
I think if you mixed both polar extremes you'd have a 'true' account of the actual history and politics.

Sounds like you read your history from Yankee Doodle Propaganda #101, exaggerated much?

Rohirm wrote:

All the freedoms you enjoy right now are due to the heroic efforts of servicemen such as the American Soldiers
LOLLERCAUST!

Priceless. Way to denounce and ridicule the efforts (and lives, more to the point) of every other nation and their efforts in WW2.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden
Tbh no need to go back to WW2 to thank America, theres plenty of things i do daily i can thank America for i rather like having USA looking over my shoulder than anyone else.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6142|New Austin, Not

Uzique wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

rammunition wrote:

I think if you mixed both polar extremes you'd have a 'true' account of the actual history and politics.

Sounds like you read your history from Yankee Doodle Propaganda #101, exaggerated much?

Rohirm wrote:

All the freedoms you enjoy right now are due to the heroic efforts of servicemen such as the American Soldiers
LOLLERCAUST!

Priceless. Way to denounce and ridicule the efforts (and lives, more to the point) of every other nation and their efforts in WW2.
Jesus Fucking Christ...where the fuck did I ever denounce or ridicule anything? "Such as" doesn't mean "just";Just because I made a mention of US soldiers doesnt mean I dont know about  the 26 million Russians casualties in the fight to reclaim their Motherland and push to Berlin, and the countless Resistances in EuropeTHAT  had to hold their own, and the Bravery of your RAF pilots during the battle of Britain, and the exemplary bravery of allied forces at Dunkirk. It was a combined effort by all. Such cooperation lead to countless victories such as closing the Falaise gap.

And FFS, both my Grandpa's fought for Canadian Forces in Italy in 1943. I lost my Great Uncle at Ortona so don't give me that bullshit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
Oh yes, sorry, some of your ancestors whom you never met died during the conflicts, so you clearly know and experienced the war.

Well my great-great-great-great^13-uncle was a Napoleonic general, killed in battle, so don't you ever talk shit about that period! You're acting butthurt over something that has never - in all actuality - ever affected you. I commented on your message because it was full of pro-American rhetoric, it sounded like something out of a Nazi propaganda leaflet proclaiming their proud victory and the heroism of their troops. Stuff like this:

Yada Yada wrote:

I'm sure the Russians and British would disagree with you there, both a part of continental Europe and both untaken by Germany, standing strong. If anything, we needed your intervention more in the Great War than in WW2- our losses were too great, our costs too high, our prospect too bleak. And there was nothing even that heroic about your entry into WW1, in political terms everyone knew it was nothing more than European empires reshuffling and trying to reacquire vast amounts of land and resource. Even us British and our allies were being Imperialistic wankers in many senses during this period.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-18 01:39:48)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
PureFodder
+225|6256
Please don't start up a 'who won WW2' thread again.

Thanks to the US for majorly advancing democracy and science!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

PureFodder wrote:

Has democracy ever truly 'advanced' since the times of Plato?

I'd argue that democracy has been in decline ever since the ancient Greek democracy collapsed.

/philosophy.

The only practice America pioneered in democracy was assassinating democratically-elected individuals .

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-18 01:41:37)

PureFodder
+225|6256

Uzique wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Has democracy ever truly 'advanced' since the times of Plato?

I'd argue that democracy has been in decline ever since the ancient Greek democracy collapsed.

/philosophy.

The only practice America pioneered in democracy was assassinating democratically-elected individuals .
They did a good job of booting the royalty and religious aspects out of government, along with the French revolution.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

PureFodder wrote:

don't feed the uzique troll...lol... 

Both the US and the UK can be proud of the men and women who fought for our freedom in WW2

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-11-18 01:46:22)

Love is the answer
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Rohirm wrote:

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

rammunition.

Srsly, don't try.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I'll have to disagree ramm. If the Americans didn't enter the war, Japs would conquer whole Asia, meet with Germans in Moscow and push together with them in the remaining unconquered countries and then the rest of the world. War actually just started when they joined it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

kylef wrote:

cheers usmarine
What the fuck did he do in WW1/WW2?

This is what pisses me off. Everyone goes on about how they don't like it when people blame them for slavery etc (don't blame for what ancestors did and all that).. and shit like that, but it seems that that people are more than happy to take the credit for someone elses work when it comes to things like WW2.

I think the US were massive with regards to winning WW2. I mean shit, people say Germany lost because they fought on two fronts. Look at the US, fighting on so many fronts in different theatres even. Western Front, Pacific Front, South Asia (flying into China over the Himalayas etc..), that shit is crazy.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2008-11-18 05:17:43)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut

Mekstizzle wrote:

kylef wrote:

cheers usmarine
What the fuck did he do in WW1/WW2?

This is what pisses me off. Everyone goes on about how they don't like it when people blame them for slavery etc (don't blame for what ancestors did and all that).. and shit like that, but it seems that that people are more than happy to take the credit for someone elses work when it comes to things like WW2.
Because a great deal of sacrifice is made when you enlist in any branch of service, particularly the Marine Corps. No one is giving usm "credit" for anything other than serving in an institution that is rich in tradition and legacy. It truly is a fraternity so when you speak of the Marines past from any war or conflict, you speak of all Marines from any war or conflict.

edit: and to compare to the likes of slavery is ridiculous. The only thing in common he has with slave trading is the fact that he is white. I would beleive he has a great deal in common with a ww2 Marine, at least more so than a slave owner.

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2008-11-18 05:24:27)

Malloy must go
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

How was that cave on Mars then?

or to quote a line from the Simpsons,

'Good evening sir, would you please leave right now wihtout a fuss?'
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

ATG wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

He is a physical manifestation of those who did, one that we can thank. Just as those in the service years from now will be thanked for the service usmarine has done for his country.
No he's not... his father, grandfather or great grandfather might be but he himself is about as responsible for defeating Fascism in Europe as I am for securing Irish independence.
Read again Irish.
You either totally misunderstood or cannot grasp the concept.

usmarine is the embodiment today of the kind of men, like Audy Murphy, that pulled the triggers when other may have burrowed into the mud. It takes men like him to keep the world free. He may have not fought in WW2 but the spirit of those who did was with him an that's why he made it.
Don't condescend to me Yankee. I read the post and understood exactly what was meant, I just don't agree with it.

It is fucking hypocritical for Americans to say that the guilt of slavery does not pass onto future generations while at the same time claiming that all the heroism of those that served in the world wars does. You can't have it both ways... usmarine is about as responsible for saving Europe from fascism as he is for forcing African American slaves to work for him. I am very grateful to those that served in WW2.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Rohirm wrote:

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

True... cheers to the American and Russian armies.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Braddock wrote:

ATG wrote:

Braddock wrote:

No he's not... his father, grandfather or great grandfather might be but he himself is about as responsible for defeating Fascism in Europe as I am for securing Irish independence.
Read again Irish.

usmarine is the embodiment today of the kind of men, like Audy Murphy, that pulled the triggers when other may have burrowed into the mud. It takes men like him to keep the world free. He may have not fought in WW2 but the spirit of those who did was with him an that's why he made it.
Don't condescend to me Yankee. I read the post and understood exactly what was meant, I just don't agree with it.

It is fucking hypocritical for Americans to say that the guilt of slavery does not pass onto future generations while at the same time claiming that all the heroism of those that served in the world wars does. You can't have it both ways... usmarine is about as responsible for saving Europe from fascism as he is for forcing African American slaves to work for him. I am very grateful to those that served in WW2.
Still just out of reach.

The point is not you are an Irish builder and Irish builders built buildings here in the past. The point is not that he calls himself a marine, and those were some of the people that fought in WWII. The point is he has taken the same oath of service that those in the past had taken, and he is just as ready to defend our country as those in that time period.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

He is a physical manifestation of those who did, one that we can thank. Just as those in the service years from now will be thanked for the service usmarine has done for his country.
LOL ok ok I admit it this time. A derail, but I can not help it with this comment:

Braddock, how in the world can you say this but insist black people of today are allowed to feel connected to slavery that they have never endured or a pre-civil rights America that they have never lived in?
I have never said that modern day African Americans can claim to have suffered slavery, I have merely said that the deeply ingrained racism of your nation still lingers today and it is this that effects them. Big difference... it's a bit like the way that modern day troops often get to bask in the limelight of their more heroic forefathers.
deeznutz1245
+483|6463|Connecticut

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The point is not you are an Irish builder and Irish builders built buildings here in the past. The point is not that he calls himself a marine, and those were some of the people that fought in WWII. The point is he has taken the same oath of service that those in the past had taken, and he is just as ready to defend our country as those in that time period.
zactly. Besides, after seeing what those guys went through and still having the bawls to join is commendable in its own right. I honestly joined to travel and get laid but apparently the Marine Corps loooooves to run. Should have joined the Air Force.
Malloy must go
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
nah usmarine is siciliano i don't think he is related to anyone that owned slaves, I wasn't referring to him personally, I was just making a point

also my edit in the previous post before anyone thinks i'm jumping on to the hate american band high speed rail wagon

my edit wrote:

I think the US were massive with regards to winning WW2. I mean shit, people say Germany lost because they fought on two fronts. Look at the US, fighting on so many fronts in different theatres even. Western Front, Pacific Front, South Asia (flying into China over the Himalayas etc..), that shit is crazy.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2008-11-18 05:45:45)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

ATG wrote:

Read again Irish.

Still just out of reach.

That may have been the case mate but sadly the US army has been almost consistently corrupted by non-altruistic motives since WW2 (it could even be argued that the world wars were primarily motivated by self interest, as has been legitimately argued by Uzique in this thread, but I'm not going to go down that road as it will make me sound like a begrudger when in fact I am grateful for the outcome of US involvement in WW2). Fighting wars for shady purposes has cheapened the name and reputation of the US armed services... and the sad thing is the men and women serving are no less brave than those that have served in the past.

You can quite rightly get swept up in the "we owe our troops a debt of gratitude" mentality and that would be perfectly understandable, but modern day non-Americans do not owe the current generation of US troops any debt of gratitude, we owe the US and Russian troops of the 1940's our gratitude.
deeznutz1245
+483|6463|Connecticut

Braddock wrote:

I have never said that modern day African Americans can claim to have suffered slavery.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Whoa.

African American? Are you racist? So we just generalize black people? Africa is a continent dude, not a country. If you are going to say it then say a country first. There are plenty of folks living in the US that are from France, England,  Spain, Ireland and you dont hear me calling them "European American" do you? No you don't sir and that is because I am equal. What is good for one is good for all. So from now on you address them first by their country and not continent. The only exception is Australia.  Racism is a crime sir, and crime is not for white people.
Malloy must go
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
And people say you can support the troops and not politicians. Those crazy bastards.

Soldiers now are no different than soldiers 70 years ago on a basic level. I'm glad soldiers now don't have to die in such great numbers to maintain the same freedoms we hold today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard