lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081116/ap_ … h_religion

This sad stroy has me asking, if religious people truely believe in heaven, why is it none of them are eager to get there so quickly?
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Cause maybe they love thier son and dont want him to die.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I read about this. (Might've been posted here before?). Those people are just so religious that they were in complete denial of his death. Probably thought he would go to Hell if they let him "die" (i.e. "murdered" him) when they didn't think he was really "dead".

Roc18 wrote:

Absolutely zero measured brain activity and needing a machine to operate his lungs and heart isn't dead?

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-11-16 21:57:56)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Roc18 wrote:

Ahhhhhhh, but going to heaven, who could top that? If they loved him why would they want to deny him 1. "God will" and 2. Heaven itself?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

mtb0minime wrote:

I read about this. (Might've been posted here before?). Those people are just so religious that they were in complete denial of his death. Probably thought he would go to Hell if they let him "die" (i.e. "murdered" him) when they didn't think he was really "dead".

Roc18 wrote:

Absolutely zero measured brain activity and needing a machine to operate his lungs and heart isn't dead?
Ok, now this is an argument for their decision. I will buy this motivation.

But what about the rest of the believers? You do not see anyone ready to die soon in an effort to enter heaven that they know they destined to

Last edited by lowing (2008-11-16 22:00:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
I mean, given a choice, how many beleivers out there will choose death and heaven right now, over, hanging around here on earth for as long as they can?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

But what about the rest of the believers? You do not see anyone ready to die soon in an effort to enter heaven that they know they destined to
...You mean, like why aren't we all given Kool-Aid at communion?

Last edited by Morpheus (2008-11-16 22:03:06)

EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Morpheus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Good example, yet the rest of the relgious people did not rejoice over this, they viewed this as tragic, brainwashing.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

This is why no one is so desperate to get into Heaven right away...
https://www.pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF005-Billiards_in_Heaven.gif
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Good example, yet the rest of the relgious people did not rejoice over this, they viewed this as tragic, brainwashing.
Anyway, to actually answer your question, (at least to me) Heaven is a reward for living a life deemed worthy... If we've lived as we should, then we go to heaven... "speeding up the process" as you would say, defeats that whole purpose.

edit: @ PBFcomics

Last edited by Morpheus (2008-11-16 22:09:29)

EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Morpheus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Anyway, to actually answer your question, (at least to me) Heaven is a reward for living a life deemed worthy... If we've lived as we should, then we go to heaven... "speeding up the process" as you would say, defeats that whole purpose.

Ok but if you came down with a terminal desease, why fight it to stay alive, why not rejoice your departure to the eternal life?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

lowing wrote:

Ok but if you came down with a terminal desease, why fight it to stay alive, why not rejoice your departure to the eternal life?
Having a terminal illness probably gives them a great lack of faith or an "I hate God and God hates me" kind of attitude. Either that or they just come to some revelation (read: "come to their senses") that there is no god or heaven or hell...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
Because "life is sacred"... even when it's agony.

No, it doesn't make sense to me either.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

lowing wrote:

If I knew it was terminal, then I'd take the time to make the most of it. When I die, I'd want to say I made the most of it.

Honestly, though I can't speak for other people. I'm a theater technician, not a psychologist, although sometimes, people just get scared, I guess.
EE (hats
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I hope to hell they get what's coming to them. Whatever that might be.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
Since the vast majority of the worlds population believes in life after death, it is funny that they will do anything to live as long as possible. Maybe their faith isn't as steadfast as they portrait?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

mtb0minime wrote:

lowing wrote:

Having a terminal illness probably gives them a great lack of faith or an "I hate God and God hates me" kind of attitude. Either that or they just come to some revelation (read: "come to their senses") that there is no god or heaven or hell...
For me I am not a believer, but when it comes time to face my death, I have wondered if I all of asudden would have a change of attitude and suddenly "get my God on".
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6596|Canada

lowing wrote:

I mean, given a choice, how many beleivers out there will choose death and heaven right now, over, hanging around here on earth for as long as they can?
bc i think ALL religious people have a small portion of them that asks "is there REALLY a heaven?"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

bc i think ALL religious people have a small portion of them that asks "is there REALLY a heaven?"
I tend to agree
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Lowing wrote:

Ahhhhhhh, but going to heaven, who could top that? If they loved him why would they want to deny him 1. "God will" and 2. Heaven itself?
Why don't you try it and report back?
Oh right, you won't get in.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
maybe they're just really sad that their 12 year old little kid has died and they are in denial... i would be devastated if any of my nieces or nephews died...or any family member for that matter...
Love is the answer
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Because religion fails.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
Selfish parents hogging a life support machine for a child who is technically dead.

They're following the moral and ethical code of an ancient religion while deliberately ignoring the fact that when these moral and ethical guidelines were first drawn up there were no such things as life support machines. They are just not dealing with reality and it is quite sad tbh.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

CameronPoe wrote:

Because religion fails.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard