Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6406|Brisbane, Australia
So, im downloading the demo on 360 as we speak. I managed to get a early demo key through a bug on the key distribution page.
I'll post more when I finished playing.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sounds good m8, pics or it didn't happen.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels
Downloading it on the pc, almost done.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

gameaddict wrote:

Downloading it on the pc, almost done.
I'd do it, but I hate having games on Steam.
Broodbeleg
+34|5822|The Netherlands
Steam rules lol

Here are some screenshots i took on the pc.

https://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/GesnStokbrood/Left%204%20dead/l4d_dem_hospital02_subway0001.jpg

https://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/GesnStokbrood/Left%204%20dead/l4d_dem_hospital02_subway0000.jpg

Last edited by Broodbeleg (2008-11-06 08:07:59)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Well, after playing it with Teek on the PC... I can conclude that I just wasted £33.

It may be fun for a while, but there is not enough substance to keep you going for more than 30 minutes to an hour. It's repetitive Shoot, Reload, Get Pounded Upon, Repeat. Nothing new and nothing special, especially the environments. Weapons are limited and feel alright. Graphics stutter and aren't very clear. With the exception of the few boomers, jumpers and hunters, the game just features lots of inanimate zombies who only charge at you once you have nearly finished your ammo and have accidentally tripped a wire that releases the "horde" on you.

A true disappointment so far.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

downloading atm

if one was to pre-order it now would they be able to get the demo?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

SamTheMan:D wrote:

downloading atm

Yes. Waste, tbh. Wait for Nov. 11th. My impatience got me to waste £33.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Zimmer wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

downloading atm

Yes. Waste, tbh. Wait for Nov. 11th. My impatience got me to waste £33.
That sucks, I was looking forward to playing this game over Uni LAN with some compadres
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Seems ok-ish so far. Glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon and pre-order blindly but it's worth a pick-up I guess.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Zimmer wrote:

Well, after playing it with Teek on the PC... I can conclude that I just wasted £33.

It may be fun for a while, but there is not enough substance to keep you going for more than 30 minutes to an hour. It's repetitive Shoot, Reload, Get Pounded Upon, Repeat. Nothing new and nothing special, especially the environments. Weapons are limited and feel alright. Graphics stutter and aren't very clear. With the exception of the few boomers, jumpers and hunters, the game just features lots of inanimate zombies who only charge at you once you have nearly finished your ammo and have accidentally tripped a wire that releases the "horde" on you.

A true disappointment so far.
If you pre-order a game on Steam you can cancel the order by contacting Steam support as long as you do so before the game is released.

And tbh thats exactly what I thought it would be like judging from the videos. No substance at all. I was hoping that after playing it i'd change my mind. Since I haven't pre-ordered I can't play until the 11th.
Banned
+856|5944|England

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Untitled-2copy-20.jpg

get it every time i start the game
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
I haven't pre-ordered either. I'm contemplating whether to get it now or for Xmas.

I think Xmas is a wise choice, along with GoW2..
weasel_thingo
+74|6296
Always knew it would be awful.
BUT IT MUST BE GOOD, VALVE MADE IT ROFL XD!!!111111TF21!11!!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

weasel_thingo wrote:

Now now. So far all we have is one negative 'review'. Wait until more folk have played it before judging. Or even better until you've played it. I'm sceptical too but i'm not judging it yet.

On the Steam forums its pretty split. Some people say its amazing and some say its very disappointing. The biggest complaint so far is the god awful laggy, connection problemmy multiplayer. Because of the crappy matchmaking system in place of dedicated servers.

OmniDeath wrote:

I'd do it, but I hate having games on Steam.
IMO Steam is the best thing to happen to PC gaming in years.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-11-06 11:45:10)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Now now. So far all we have is one negative 'review'. Wait until more folk have played it before judging. Or even better until you've played it. I'm sceptical too but i'm not judging it yet.
Really he's not far off. It's lacking something very basic to a video game: fun.
Banned
+856|5944|England

ffs

uninstalled and re downloaded and i still get that error
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
FYI anyone who doesn't like matchmaking type "openserverbrowser" in the console and check the custom tab.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I'm hoping that by the time the open demo/full game comes out all these problems will be fixed. I mean seriously Valve, matchmaking? Not only matchmaking, but seriously fail matchmaking. This isn't the sodding Xbox.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Meh, order cancelled.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Seems ok-ish so far. Glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon and pre-order blindly but it's worth a pick-up I guess.
Hang on. I've just realised. How are you playing it if you haven't pre-ordered it?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Hang on. I've just realised. How are you playing it if you haven't pre-ordered it?
Xbox360 error.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Aww wish i'd got in on that.

The general consensus seems to be 'meh' so far

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-11-06 13:52:18)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

Zimmer wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Xbox360 error.
Don't even have a 360. Gamestop had a site that was supposed to give left 4 dead demo keys for anyone who pre-ordered retail but you didn't need to enter any code for it to work you could just enter an email and get a key.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Xbox360 error.
Don't even have a 360. Gamestop had a site that was supposed to give left 4 dead demo keys for anyone who pre-ordered retail but you didn't need to enter any code for it to work you could just enter an email and get a key.
Haha. Ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard