GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ
So I want this topic to be serious, it may sound like an un-serious topic to the mods but I intend it to be (I will try to use some 'medical' language)

Okay, so me and the GF started having sex a few months ago...

Now I'm not retarded, shes on birth control but now I hear that's something like 97% effective? Can someone elaborate on that?

(again this sounds bad)

Has anyone ever heard or had personal experiences with accidental pregnancy while the girl is on birth control? (the testimony is why I post this here)

What are some other things I/she could do to bring the chances down (Id imagine they're pretty low already, though)

Also, I'm talking about things other than condoms, I know condoms are the most expensive and the best thing for disease prevention but I know I'm my girlfriends first sexual partner for anything... And the girls ive hooked up with before, well I was their first too (everything besides sex)

I also know that I should never trust the advice of anyone on the internet 100%, and I'm not going to (The internet is NOT my only source for this, and neither are my friends, mainly adults/doctors/people specializing in the field)... I just want to hear some opinions

Last edited by GodFather (2008-11-06 00:13:49)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

You really really really don't wanna have a kid, and yet you refuse to use condoms just to be absolutely sure?
Guess you could start giving her morning-after pills, too, if you wanted.

Honestly, use condoms. They're not that expensive, and who cares if it doesn't feel as great as without one. You'll regret it one day if and when she "forgets" to take her pill (whether it's on accident or on purpose)...
GodFather
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ

mtb0minime wrote:

You really really really don't wanna have a kid, and yet you refuse to use condoms just to be absolutely sure?
Guess you could start giving her morning-after pills, too, if you wanted.

Honestly, use condoms. They're not that expensive, and who cares if it doesn't feel as great as without one. You'll regret it one day if and when she "forgets" to take her pill (whether it's on accident or on purpose)...
I dont refuse to, I do sometimes

And her mom is on her ass about her taking the pill in the morning (shes been taking it a long time for heavy periods)

btw: had to edit out that we do it a lot, we do it less than I think, usually a few times on the weekends when we get to hang out

Last edited by GodFather (2008-11-06 00:14:30)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Superman dat hoe?

Seriously, there's spermicide creams and a bunch of other stuff you can do to prevent pregnancy.

See your doctor, together and discuss it with someone who knows wtf they are talking about.

The people here won't be as qualified.

Plus you might be sterile anyway. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
GodFather
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Superman dat hoe?

Seriously, there's spermicide creams and a bunch of other stuff you can do to prevent pregnancy.

See your doctor, together and discuss it with someone who knows wtf they are talking about.

I also know that I should never trust the advice of anyone on the internet 100%, and I'm not going to (The internet is NOT my only source for this, and neither are my friends, mainly adults/doctors/people specializing in the field)... I just want to hear some opinions
Speaking of sterile, cant dudes take some birth control pill?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

GodFather wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Superman dat hoe?

You edited that bullshit in as I was typing, fool.

I wouldn't trust taking a pill for males. There are lubricants that also act as a spermicide, and there are simple methods like pulling out, or buttsecs. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Don't even consider solely pulling out as a contraceptive, because it rarely works. (Directed mainly at Aussie). There have been many times where guys are in the heat of the moment and "oops! I just came inside." I know more than a few people who were conceived that way, as sad as it is.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

So she's on the pill. And you are certain that neither of you have STD:s? And you don't have any other partners (read: cheating)? Then go ahead and do the deed without the rubber.

Allow me to clarify this to you:

Probability of pregnancy in one year (linky)
MethodTheoretical if the method is always used perfectlyIn practice, including for example that a condom can break or that one forgets to take a contraceptive pill
No contraceptive85%85%
Coitus interruptus (Withdrawing the penis before ejaculation)9%40%
Diaphragm5%18%
Contraceptive pill3%3%
Prophylactic condom2%12%
Combination of contraceptive pill and condom0%0,4%
IUD0,6%0,8%
Hormone implantation0,2%0,2%
Female sterilization0,2%0,4%
Depo-provera0,3%0,3%
Male sterilization0,1%0,15%
Abstention from sex0%0%

Fuck, tables are a bitch to make.

As you can see, the pill is enough. But whenever you're having sex with someone new/random etc., you can't be sure that your partner is STD-free. and the only thing that protects you from those, is 1) wrapping it up tight with a rubber or 2) not doing it (ya, like that'll happen )

If she wouldn't be on the pill and you should happen to break the condom and ejaculate inside, there are always "post coital contraceptives", which basically consist of a pill that the girl takes at 24-48 hours after the "oops". It's expensive (prolly around 20€) and fucks up the girls hormone balance completely for a while, so don't rely on it, ever.
I need around tree fiddy.
GodFather
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ

TheAussieReaper wrote:

GodFather wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Superman dat hoe?

You edited that bullshit in as I was typing, fool.

I wouldn't trust taking a pill for males. There are lubricants that also act as a spermicide, and there are simple methods like pulling out, or buttsecs. lol
Well I already pull out

And @ mtb0minime I dont JUST use the pull out method, that would be very stupid Like Russian Roulette

Now I also heard from once sex ed class that there is no sperm in, 'pre-cum' but then last year in the new sex ed class they say it can and will contain sperm

Thoughts? (Id search that too but right now im off to bed)
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

GodFather wrote:

And @ mtb0minime I dont JUST use the pull out method, that would be very stupid Like Russian Roulette
I know, that's why I said it was directed at AussieRaperReaper

As for pre-ejaculate, I remember them telling us in sex ed that it had some sperm in it I think.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-11-06 00:38:54)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX
Girls forget to take the pill, accidentally or not.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6382|Kyiv, Ukraine

GodFather wrote:

So I want this topic to be serious, it may sound like an un-serious topic to the mods but I intend it to be (I will try to use some 'medical' language)

Now I'm not retarded, shes on birth control but now I hear that's something like 97% effective? Can someone elaborate on that?
Basically never heard of pregnancy when a girl was properly taking her birth control pills, though I'm sure that 3% ceveat is in there for women with extraordinarily messed up hormones.  You need to be able to trust her though on this, my ex-wife got pregnant when she decided all by her lonesome that they were "making her fat" and stopped taking them without telling anyone.

If your girl messes up and forgets to take them one time, give at least 3 days of regular use (including doubling up the one she missed) before going at it again.

If she goes off them for whatever reason, be very freakin' careful.  Women get hyper-fertile for a brief period (a few months) after going off the pill.

If its a one night stand or an "adventure" as the Euro crowd calls it, keep it wrapped.  Never believe a girl when she says she's "never done this before".  No matter how much you want to believe the baby-faced girl you just hauled home from the club is a vestal virgin, she ain't.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire
Double bag it sir!

EDIT: I actually read there are a number of ways to prevent pregnancy, apparently you can't get pregnant if...

A.) It's the girl's first time having sex
B.) You have sex standing up
C.) There's a black cat in the room while you're having sex
D.) The girl doesn't take her knickers off and just pulls them to the side

*Disclaimer: Possibly not true

Last edited by Braddock (2008-11-06 02:20:25)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
ahem.. DONT BE SILLY WRAP YOUR WILLY
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6502|Connecticut

DonFck wrote:

Method    Theoretical if the method is always used perfectly    In practice, including for example that a condom can break or that one forgets to take a contraceptive pill
No contraceptive    85%    85%
Coitus interruptus (Withdrawing the penis before ejaculation)    9%    40%
Diaphragm    5%    18%
Contraceptive pill    3%    3%
Prophylactic condom    2%    12%
Combination of contraceptive pill and condom    0%    0,4%
IUD    0,6%    0,8%
Hormone implantation    0,2%    0,2%
Female sterilization    0,2%    0,4%
Depo-provera    0,3%    0,3%
Male sterilization    0,1%    0,15%
Abstention from sex    0%    0%

Deeznutz wrote:

Anal = 0% chance of getting pregnant
fixed.^
Malloy must go
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England

deeznutz1245 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Method    Theoretical if the method is always used perfectly    In practice, including for example that a condom can break or that one forgets to take a contraceptive pill
No contraceptive    85%    85%
Coitus interruptus (Withdrawing the penis before ejaculation)    9%    40%
Diaphragm    5%    18%
Contraceptive pill    3%    3%
Prophylactic condom    2%    12%
Combination of contraceptive pill and condom    0%    0,4%
IUD    0,6%    0,8%
Hormone implantation    0,2%    0,2%
Female sterilization    0,2%    0,4%
Depo-provera    0,3%    0,3%
Male sterilization    0,1%    0,15%
Abstention from sex    0%    0%

Deeznutz wrote:

Anal = 0% chance of getting pregnant
fixed.^
He's not wrong
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6502|Connecticut

Braddock wrote:

Double bag it sir!

EDIT: I actually read there are a number of ways to prevent pregnancy, apparently you can't get pregnant if...

A.) It's the girl's first time having sex
B.) You have sex standing up
C.) There's a black cat in the room while you're having sex
D.) The girl doesn't take her knickers off and just pulls them to the side
E.)  You are on shore leave and never see her again. 
*Disclaimer: Possibly not true
I had to add    E.)
Malloy must go
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
Double bag actually works reverse just FYI, The condoms rubbing together create frickzon and tears in the rubbers..

97% effective means that you're chance is pretty much 0% but if you get pregnant the company doesn't want the responsibilty..

Condoms suck and are 99% effective.. But I"ve broken a few rubbers and accidently dumped into a girl cause I didn't know.. But seriously I wouldn't worry about having a baby as long as she takes the pill you should be OK.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6637|IRELAND

You should be wearing a condom anyways. Birth control pills etc don't protect you from STDs. If your worried about the 3% then wear a condom. Or two if your paranoid. You can say we are faithful etc so STDs aren't a problem. STDs like chlamydia often have no symptoms and you can have it years without knowing. They recon 1 in 10 has it and it can cause you to fire blanks and/or not be able to get it up if its not treated.

Or pull out, aim and....................
too_money2007
+145|6317|Keller, Tx
Anal... no babies, unless the jizz rolls down to the cootch.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality
My wife's friend was on birth control and got pregnant. She was in so much denial that she kept taking the pills until 6 weeks before delivery. When I met her she was 7 months along and it didn't show with regular clothes.

So far her daughter (13 now) seems fine although being subject to birth control pills for 7.5 months was a bit of worry.

I believe the 97% is if 'taken as prescribed'. It doesn't cover missing a dose or 2.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality

too_money2007 wrote:

Anal... no babies, unless the jizz rolls down to the cootch.
If any semen makes it to the vaginal tissue it can still swim up to the uterus.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
Two words;
Face shot.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6658|Washington DC

GodFather wrote:

(again this sounds bad)

Has anyone ever heard or had personal experiences with accidental pregnancy while the girl is on birth control? (the testimony is why I post this here)
I've known two couples who have gotten pregnant on birth control pills, and I've heard of a dozen others.  Bottom line for most people, the chances of getting pregnant are unacceptably high.  Only the naive imagine that they are safe.

Basically, the pill is about 92-95% effective over a typical year of sexual activity (probably about 50 times on average) ... this means that 5 to 8 women out of 100 will get pregnant in a year.  Over a two year period, the number statistically increases:  10 to 16  out of 100.  The more you have sex, the more opportunity for pregnancy.

If you don't want to have children, then don't have sex.  Otherwise, it is a game of Russian Roulette.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
Well the reward is worth the risk.. With Rubbers not so much. Try nailing a meth head/herion addict bare back.. Then the birth control shouldn't even worry you any more..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard