YoBabysDaddy
+31|6793|St. Louis, MO
It used to be 20,000 points just to make sergeant pre 1.03.I went from sergeant to first sergeant in 1 round.At least now you have a better idea who your playing with.
I just hope they finally decide on a ranking system an stick to it.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2006-03-11 01:31:14)

Teckademics
+1|6695|Savannah GA
blah i was thinking the same thing gg ea blah blah blah you all suck for the crap ranks but all and all its not that hard to get. i play on avg 4 hours a day.. if that for the last week i played 3 days... i got 10 thousand to go 2 days before the patch was out i was at 27000 so im on my way fast just keep playing and you score will go up in no time.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6625|Brisbane, Australia

You guys realise that EA isnt going to do squat about this

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-03-11 03:14:09)

dracul
+2|6777
They make the last unlock just about impossible to get as A CASUAL gamer.
Ok, I consider playing an hour or 2 a day at most, and sometimes going 3-5 days without playing this game at all casual enough.

I still made rank to all the unlocks without difficulty.

I might be slightly more than a "Casual" player, but only slightly.
n00b.Worx
+44|6696|West Berlin!
In my opinion the new ranks are just perfect...Of course you have to play a lot to have all the Unlock-Weapons but well they are like a little gift for those who have played many hours this game and it´s just fair...
CutK0rners
+0|6601

n00b.Worx wrote:

In my opinion the new ranks are just perfect...Of course you have to play a lot to have all the Unlock-Weapons but well they are like a little gift for those who have played many hours this game and it´s just fair...
that or give ea money so you can get SF unlocks and beat down on people who don't have them.  That or score 50,000 points so you can have all the unlocks avalible to vanilla BF2.
Rathji
+1|6653

CutK0rners wrote:

that or give ea money so you can get SF unlocks and beat down on people who don't have them.  That or score 50,000 points so you can have all the unlocks avalible to vanilla BF2.
Tip: You don't need to give EA anything to get SF unlocks.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6621

ST19AG_WGreymon wrote:

I'm a little mad about that too. I have to go through about 25,000 more points just to unlock the L69A1 and the P90.
L69....  There's a joke there somewhere.

Anyway, this is why when I rank up next i'll use up all but one of my unlocks.. just incase.

EA/Dice may have said no more unlocks, but I think i'll hold back.
CutK0rners
+0|6601

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

ST19AG_WGreymon wrote:

I'm a little mad about that too. I have to go through about 25,000 more points just to unlock the L69A1 and the P90.

Anyway, this is why when I rank up next i'll use up all but one of my unlocks.. just incase.

eh???  How many unlocks do you get per rank??  I only get one - or have you been saving them?
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6621

CutK0rners wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

ST19AG_WGreymon wrote:

eh???  How many unlocks do you get per rank??  I only get one - or have you been saving them?
If you have special forces you get two unlocks on every rank up.
bingobones
+6|6695|London, UK

Talon wrote:

Heres what it should be, IMO:

300,000 (colonel)
400,000 (lieutenant general)
looks good to me
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6590|the side hatch
I think should certinaly be a smoother transition between the ranks. I don't think it has anything to do with casual gamers etc. Unlocks or commander preference is the only real benefit to ranking up and i think it is ridiculous that a person with a spm of half mine can catch me in rank (with the same hours played) simply because it takes 1.5 times the score to make it to the next rank.

It is equally ridiculous to have only 20% difference between the highest sarge and the first officer ranks. And when you add that to the 150% difference between 1st Sarge and Sarge Major it looks silly...which it is.
luckybaer
+10|6744| Going Feral
Yeah.  The gap between 1stSgt and SgtMaj is pretty big relatively speaking.  I am still trying to get SgtMaj because I think that it is a rank that kind of serves as separation between people that play a lot and are pretty good and those that haven't really played that much yet. 

I was happy to get 1stSgt because I had to get all my basic badges, and I'll be happy to get SgtMaj because of the 30K points I needed to rack up to get it.  I'll be stoked to get 2LT just because it is an officer rank, and I'll be happy to get 1LT because then I won't be a "boot lieutenant" anymore.  After that... I don't know what will keep me going.  Probably just trying to obtain medals and stuff.
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.
who cares
Chowley
+1|6655|Ireland
First Sergeant to Sergeant Major is awful Im not looking forward to Captain to Major either .
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6606|Wigan. Manchester. England.
No Way should it be like that, really that would mean you playing till your 50 or sumat.
edzed
+1|6666
I would consider myself a casual gamer as I only play on Friday and Saturday. Yet I am still a 1st Lt., its just how much and how well you play. I do agree that the lower ranks need to be adjusted.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6731
When EA made the ranks past 2nd Lt reachable, they did not change any of the old ranks, so 2nd Lt used to be 200,000.
bakeshow
B|Unit
+8|6618|Grand ol' Ohio
Yeah its very annoying... I'm at 31K and won't get a promotion any time soon.  IMO it needs a bit of balancing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard