Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6798|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Why do you care what any European country thinks of the U.S.? Why do we have to be best buddies?
It's called having relations with the rest of world FM, you of course can choose if you want to have good or bad relations ... but seriously why would you want the latter when the first is way more profitable ?

You must surely acknowledge where building bad relations have brought you for the last 6 or 7 years ... or is that a development you endorse ?

You don't have to be best buddiest with everyone but atleast one can try to treat them with mutual respect.
Bad decisions brought us bad relations. I don't care about the bad relations. I care about the bad decisions.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Electing Obama will solve at least one of your major problems at the moment, and that is the world view of America from others.
How is this a problem? Are you going to invade?
That huge parts of the world takes pride in killing Americans, you don't see that as a problem FM ?

You don't see the outcome of bad relations to be a problem ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Electing Obama will solve at least one of your major problems at the moment, and that is the world view of America from others.
I always thought that extremists signed up to fight 'the great Satan' America because they perceived it to be a malevolent global force invading Islamic nations willy-nilly and meddling in the Middle East... that's a bit of a problem isn't it?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6442|The Twilight Zone

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

It's called having relations with the rest of world FM, you of course can choose if you want to have good or bad relations ... but seriously why would you want the latter when the first is way more profitable ?

You must surely acknowledge where building bad relations have brought you for the last 6 or 7 years ... or is that a development you endorse ?

You don't have to be best buddiest with everyone but atleast one can try to treat them with mutual respect.
Bad decisions brought us bad relations. I don't care about the bad relations. I care about the bad decisions.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

That huge parts of the world takes pride in killing Americans, you don't see that as a problem FM ?

Talibans
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6695|67.222.138.85

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's the outcome of a bad solutions to the problem.

Specifically, the failure of military advisers in the Bush administration to not allow the politicians to determine the number of troops that would best suit their vote count. Instead the most advanced and effective military in the world was put to shame by utter strategic incompetence in the quest to rectify past foreign relations blunders with a big stick.

As Qui-gon would say, "negotiations".

edit: would have replied the same way to Braddock
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

fuck your opinion of us tbh.

and hope the dems and you guys are happy.  for the next four years you cannot cry and moan.  you got what you wanted.  this section should be fairly quiet for a while me thinks.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-05 05:37:11)

Varegg
+2,206|6798|Nårvei

You tangle yourself into a jungle of nice looking words FM, is it so hard to just answer a question rather than overanalyze it ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

usmarine wrote:

and hope the dems and you guys are happy.  for the next four years you cannot cry and moan.  you got what you wanted.  this section should be fairly quiet for a while me thinks.
Silly attitude tbh. You should always cry and moan... even more so when your side are in play because they are supposed to be representing you and your desires for the country. Always give your Government a hard time, they must be kept on their toes. Always bitch and moan!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

usmarine wrote:

I think the Dems and those who voted for Obama are happy. They look like they are on TV anyway.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Braddock wrote:

Always bitch and moan!
you assume they listen?
Flaming_Maniac

Varegg wrote:

You tangle yourself into a jungle of nice looking words FM, is it so hard to just answer a question rather than overanalyze it ?
I just answered the question with my opinion, an opinion I have stated very specifically more than once on this forum.

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Always bitch and moan!
you assume they listen?
wiretapping
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
History made. The better man won. 

To my conservative counterparts, McCain had a very good concession speech.

And don't piss and moan too much when Obama legalizes marijuana.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Always bitch and moan!
you assume they listen?
Well the classic usmarine tactic of staying quiet and not voting didn't pay off too well last night!

We in Ireland had a mass protest last week by pensioners who were having their right to social health care cut in the next budget and guess what... the Government listened. It backtracked on its policy and has since backtracked on other policies that have aroused public disapproval also. Democracy can be quite nice sometimes, can't it?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Braddock wrote:

Well the classic usmarine tactic of staying quiet and not voting didn't pay off too well last night!
erm...... ok then.  lewl.  silly mick.
Flaming_Maniac

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Always bitch and moan!
you assume they listen?

We in Ireland had a mass protest last week by pensioners who were having their right to social health care cut in the next budget and guess what... the Government listened. It backtracked on its policy and has since backtracked on other policies that have aroused public disapproval also. Democracy can be quite nice sometimes, can't it?
Your government needs to grow some balls.

The problem is that isn't democracy. Listening to the vocal minority isn't a vote.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

you assume they listen?

The problem is that isn't democracy. Listening to the vocal minority isn't a vote.
LOL. just lol.
Varegg
+2,206|6798|Nårvei

usmarine wrote:

The US got what it wanted tbh ... us Eurotrash didn't vote remember ?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Varegg wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i am talking about this forum.  you got what you wanted.  now sit in the corner and hush.
Varegg
+2,206|6798|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I just answered the question with my opinion, an opinion I have stated very specifically more than once on this forum.
If you could please lower yourself to use a language that us commoners understand that would be most appriciated, care to share it again ?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

you assume they listen?

You need to grow a brain sir. I am happy that I live in a country that listens (at least occasionally) to the people that elect the Government officials to power. I am also happy that the Republicans did not secure a third consecutive term in office in the States because your attitude exemplifies the increasingly casual attitude people on the right have been developing towards administrations that rule with an iron fist and implement policies that huge sections of the public disagree with.

The case I mentioned in Ireland was not one of a minority group opposing a certain policy, it was one of almost universal disapproval by the public and your attitude would have been to ignore the masses and charge on stubbornly with your unpopular and unwanted policy. That is not democracy. Your idiotic idea that democracy should cease the minute your vote is dropped in the ballot box is what is wrong in many parts of the world today.
Varegg
+2,206|6798|Nårvei

usmarine wrote:

Varegg wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i am talking about this forum.  you got what you wanted.  now sit in the corner and hush.
This forum didn't decide the outcome of the election as far as i know ... did you vote btw ?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6156

usmarine wrote:

You're in for a ride.  Looks like the 8 will pass on California, and similar manners passed in Arizona and Florida.  Heck, now gay people in Arkansas can't adopt children...

HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT?

Maybe the US chose the right president, senate and house (congratulations on that), but on the civil rights department (and this even choosing a black president) you guys have a lot way to go.
Flaming_Maniac

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If you could please lower yourself to use a language that us commoners understand that would be most appriciated, care to share it again ?

I honestly don't see what's difficult about it. The vocabulary is nothing exceptional to this forum.

For god's sake you're telling me to lower myself when I used a Star Wars reference.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Varegg wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Not on your nelly usmarine! And btw I won't hesitate to sling mud at Obama if he turns out to be a douche either.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Varegg wrote:

This forum didn't decide the outcome of the election as far as i know ... did you vote btw ?
you seem to be missing the point.  when it comes to this section, the majority got what it wanted.  everything that happens is what you argued you wanted to happen.  sit back and enjoy the ride.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6141|what

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

No but next time, we won't invade with you.

Do you have any idea how many other nations have joined in operations in Iraq\Afghanistan?

Had Bush\McCain taken the fight elsewhere, the diminished support would have played a huge role in what you could achieve on an international level.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard