Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Does anyone have some tips for me about letting my drunk side out when I'm sober? I also suffer from massive anioxidy..
Just steadily drink less each time you go out, while trying to maintain the same air of drunken bonhomie.

If you mean massive anxiety, try saying 'I really don't give a shit' ten times as soon as you wake up.
It sets you up for the day.

My only drinking problem is interruptions due to having to take a leak.
Why they can't build the damn urinal into the bar I don't know, it would save a lot of walking.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-10-29 05:28:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6355|CA, USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah but I really like drunk me.. Drunk me gets the girls interested where sober me loses them.. Drunk me is always having fun, sober me watches TV. Drunk me if really really funny, sober me hates everyone..

Should I just become a drunk?
there are alternatives to drinking that improve self confidence. 

+ try joining toastmasters international (group that encourages public speaking).  this helps you to break the ice and start up conversations with anyone.
+ work out like a mad man.  gaining some muscle mass can help improve your confidence level and is attractive to many ladies.
+ talk to a therapist.  maybe your insecurities can be overcome by talking them out with someone in confidence

drinking in moderation is ok but if you need it to be 'fun' or use it as a 'crutch' then it is a slippery slope that can lead to addiction.  cool drunk guy is fun for about 10 mins but after a while it can get very annoying and you may end up alienating some good people.  not to mention the detrimental physical aspects of heavy drinking (belly, that alcohol smell your body gives off even the next day after showering, liver problems, etc).  my view is don't use drinking as a way to be 'fun'.  in long run, you are asking for trouble.  the real you is much more interesting to people.

overall, try to find things that are making you feel somewhat insecure.  try to overcome these fears by confronting them head on.  be headstrong and resolute that you will break through those personal barriers.  on a personal note, i was very afraid of heights until i tried climbing Mt. Shasta in CA (at 14k feet).  after a while, you realize you aren't gonna die and you overcome the fear.  now, i can walk around on the roof no problem, etc.  you will overcome it - just confront it and be strong

good luck to you!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
I must say a few drinks gives me the charm factor too. Just helps you lose your inhibitions I suppose.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q50/Ssp279/myspace/beer-mug.jpg

have 1 on me
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
prototype
+52|6309
just get a script for xanax so you can pop one of those when you go out or take them at work so you can be panic free

smoking herb , drinking and xanax go well together too
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Can't you live in Utah?
what's that s'posed to mean?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok so I'm 32 years old and completely completely an awesome person when I go out and start drinking.. The problem is when I'm not drinking I'm reserved and don't talk much.. I didn't use to be like this, does it make me a drunk?

I kid you not my self confidence is amazing and I always get what I want or at least try when drunk.. Sober I just let life pass me by and I'm cranky.. Does anyone have some tips for me about letting my drunk side out when I'm sober? I also suffer from massive anioxidy..
Protip: Get someone to video you when you're drunk, then you'll know if you really are awesome or a complete ass.

As for the second part, just stop worrying about what other people think.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-06-17 22:58:09)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok so I'm 32 years old and completely completely an awesome person when I go out and start drinking.. The problem is when I'm not drinking I'm reserved and don't talk much.
I've known a lot of people who were quiet/bashful until they got a few drinks in to them. Drinking helped them to be the outgoing person they weren't normally. A lot of them ended up having drinking problems. They counted on the Alcohol.

They were usually annoying drunks as well.. though I think they thought they were awesome..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard