ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Last Thursday we sensed some strife in the wind, buoyed by stories of $150,000 wardrobes and "lack of chemistry." Get ready, we said, because as the McCain campaign begins to stumble toward the finish line, you're going to start reading all sorts of stories about how John McCain and Sarah Palin are seriously butting heads. The very next day, the reports started hitting newsstands and the Internet, resulting in a weekend devoted to documenting every little bit of gristle in the tough, maverick-y meat of the Republican ticket. Turns out Palin is reportedly chafing against the former Bush aides tasked to manage her, and has added a constitutional amendment against gay marriage and campaign "robocalls" to the list of topics on which she publicly disagrees with McCain. Here are some of the best bits:

• "There's a faction within the McCain campaign has begun to whisper about Gov. Sarah Palin to reporters. The faction includes staff members and advisers who consult with staff members. It does not seem to include any members of the senior staff, although the definition of the senior staff here is a bit elastic. This faction has come to believe that Palin, perhaps unwittingly, subconsciously or otherwise, has begun to play Sen. McCain off of the base, consistently and deliberately departed from the campaign's message of the day in ways that damage McCain." [Atlantic]

• "'She's lost confidence in most of the people on the plane,' said a senior Republican who speaks to Palin, referring to her campaign jet. He said Palin had begun to 'go rogue' in some of her public pronouncements and decisions. 'I think she'd like to go more rogue,' he said … 'These people are going to try and shred her after the campaign to divert blame from themselves,' a McCain insider said, referring to McCain's chief strategist, Steve Schmidt, and to Nicolle Wallace, a former Bush aide who has taken a lead role in Palin's campaign. Palin's partisans blame Wallace, in particular, for Palin's avoiding of the media for days and then giving a high-stakes interview to CBS News' Katie Couric, the sometimes painful content of which the campaign allowed to be parceled out over a week." [Politico]

• "Things have gotten so tense between Palin and her traveling staff, an insider said, that she's overruling their advice — which was evident last week when she ignored GOP aides piling into waiting cars at a Colorado event and strolled over to the press corps for an impromptu talk." [NYP]

• Despite the McCain campaign's wishes, Palin made an impromptu announcement on NBC Nightly News last week that that they should release her medical records. Today it was learned that they'll do this in the next couple of days. [ABC News]

• "'She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,' said [a] McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom." [CNN]

• At a Tampa rally yesterday, Palin blasted the RNC for buying her a $150,000 wardrobe, calling it "ridiculous." Unsurprisingly, these were not the remarks that were sent to her in the morning by the McCain campaign.

Source
Intriguing. Lets hope they don't win, as it could be a rather unproductive administration if the POTUS and VP are constantly trying to out do each other.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
and this is the reason why anyone who has been saying they were undecided since palin came out, is full of shit.  if you even consider giving a vote for any ticket that that person is on, there is nothing undecided about you.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-10-28 08:14:34)

Commie Killer
+192|6357
Meh who knows, maybe having disagreements could work to a advantage as well. Doubt it really matters either way though, the Pres and the VP dont really work together a whole lot.
God Save the Queen
Banned
its mccain trying to distance himself from his shitty decision making.

Some polls are saying that mccains association with palin is a lot more harmful to his image than his association with bush.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Commie Killer wrote:

Meh who knows, maybe having disagreements could work to a advantage as well. Doubt it really matters either way though, the Pres and the VP dont really work together a whole lot.
In what feasible senario would it be beneficial to have the Pres and Vice Pres hate each other?
God Save the Queen
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

In what feasible senario would it be beneficial to have the Pres and Vice Pres hate each other?
how to loose an election in a majority conservative country to a black muslim
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

God Save the Queen wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

how to loose an election in a majority conservative country to a black muslim
Lol. I actually think the Dems have decided to see how much they can take the piss with this election. Imagine the discussions at the beginning of the campaign...

Dem 1: "So who shall we nominate to race for the Presidency?"

Dem 2: "How about we put forward a woman and a black guy with an Islamic name?"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

i am willing to bet biden thinks he should be the president.  but, palin is what mccain hates about the republican party.
Commie Killer
+192|6357

ghettoperson wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

It might interrupt the decision making process long enough for them to actually think. That's all I got....
topal63
. . .
+533|6688
Gee and to think, I thought they were "soul-mates."
rdx-fx
+955|6562
I'll be at the other house, loading up some ammo while it's still legal...  Before Obama and Pelosi start crossing out the 2nd Amendment.

Might I suggest:

Hornady 75gr HPBT A-Max, 23.6gr Ramshot TAC, CCI BR-4, Black Hills Brass, COAL of 2.2900, Case trim length 1.760".
Cases sorted by ± 2gr weight, unloaded bullets sorted by ± 0.1gr wt & 0.001" length.
5 shot in 0.325" at 100m, 18" metal silouette 100% hits at 600m, prone supported NO bench,
[18" bbl.  5.56x45 mil chamber, mil leade (NOT Wylde), Custom AR]

After I finish testing the H322, N140, Varget, W748, and H335 - I'll likely be loading 1000 of the above.

If the above made no sense to you.. "Move along. these are not the droids" and all
SealXo
+309|6506
oh please, shes donating all the clothes when shes done with them and shes only used 50k worth. it's for her whole family
look at obama spending.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
A politician doing what they think and not what their tyrannical party demands of them?

/gasp
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Why did McCain pick Palin as his VP anyway? Was he expecting favours in return when no one is looking?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
To capitalize on the disaffected Hillary voters.
rdx-fx
+955|6562

ATG wrote:

To capitalize on the disaffected Hillary voters.
At the expense of losing the centrist independent vote.  Brilliant.

/sarcasm

Palin as VP candidate was a sop to the religious right, and a 'fuck you' to the centrist independent voters.

So, he lost 33% of the population in a vain attempt to 'get' the 2% fundie right wing.

(hint:  the fundie right wing was gonna vote for McCain as lesser of two evils anyways.. no need to suck up to them with a VP candidate.  All he managed to do was scare the middle of the voting population with a VP candidate that looked like a fundamentalist to them.  GG, better luck next time...)

And, to both Obama and McCain,

I'm sick of these motherfucking snakes in my motherfucking political process!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Palin as VP candidate was a sop to the religious right, and a 'fuck you' to the centrist independent voters.

So, he lost 33% of the population in a vain attempt to 'get' the 2% fundie right wing.
Wow thats good planning.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
OMG, Palin thinks for herself.  What a bad quality in a politician.  Gee, she will never be part of the Republican machine now.

Why can't she just just listen to her handlers and do the bidding of the Rich people that control the US currency?  Sheeple make no sense.  They bahhhh when the politicians are tools and they bahhhh when they aren't.  You people do know you don't HAVE TO vote for Democrats and Republicans?

oh well, wait 4 more years and listen to you all the bahhhhin about what is wrong with the US and which Democrat or Republican is the bahhhhh solutions again.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6327|CA, USA
i love it when media quotes 'sources' but never names names.  if they don't name the source, then who's to say the media didn't make it up in the first place.  trust in the media these days is pretty low as far as i'm concerned.  if you call the person who made the comment to the carpet, then we will know what's going on.

also who's to say that these people in mccain camp aren't disaffected and putting garbage out as a way to get back at the boss?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Lotta_Drool wrote:

OMG, Palin thinks for herself.  What a bad quality in a politician.  Gee, she will never be part of the Republican machine now.

Why can't she just just listen to her handlers and do the bidding of the Rich people that control the US currency?  Sheeple make no sense.  They bahhhh when the politicians are tools and they bahhhh when they aren't.  You people do know you don't HAVE TO vote for Democrats and Republicans?

oh well, wait 4 more years and listen to you all the bahhhhin about what is wrong with the US and which Democrat or Republican is the bahhhhh solutions again.
My point was more the terrible choice on McCains part than that I was upset that she thought for herself. Having never run for president, I can't be sure of this, however I would imagine it's beneficial to have someone running as your VP who actually agrees with you.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

ghettoperson wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

My point was more the terrible choice on McCains part than that I was upset that she thought for herself. Having never run for president, I can't be sure of this, however I would imagine it's beneficial to have someone running as your VP who actually agrees with you.
Show me anything in the article that shows she doesn't agree with McCain.  The article has no substance and cites her saying something negative about the campaign spending $150K on her clothes ( which I swore she denied happening so this article is most likely making shit up ).  Then there is her talking to the media after her entourage already got in the cars which THIS WRITER INTERPUTED as her not listening to her handlers.  Then there is her saying they should release her medical records.

All the sources are other news stories and unless you read those other news stories you get half the shit out of context and in the context that this hick writer wants it to be in so he could meet his deadline with a " contraversial " story about the McCain ticket.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with this article because it is so convoluted with shit already.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6137

.Sup wrote:

Why did McCain pick Palin as his VP anyway? Was he expecting favours in return when no one is looking?
Her persuasive methods on international diplomacy.

Search "Who's Nailin' Paylin" on Google for proof.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Lotta_Drool wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Show me anything in the article that shows she doesn't agree with McCain.  The article has no substance and cites her saying something negative about the campaign spending $150K on her clothes ( which I swore she denied happening so this article is most likely making shit up ).  Then there is her talking to the media after her entourage already got in the cars which THIS WRITER INTERPUTED as her not listening to her handlers.  Then there is her saying they should release her medical records.

All the sources are other news stories and unless you read those other news stories you get half the shit out of context and in the context that this hick writer wants it to be in so he could meet his deadline with a " contraversial " story about the McCain ticket.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with this article because it is so convoluted with shit already.
To be fair, I originally though the article to be by the NY Times, not 'NY Mag' whoever the hell they are. I should probably pay more attention to that sort of thing. My apologies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard