david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6736|Comber, Northern Ireland
post which one u believe is best, i think its one i heard Tom Clancy say about a AH-64 Apache, "dont bother runing, you will just die tired.."
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.

-Patton.
DSRTurtle
+56|6683
"There is no such thing as a fair fight."

I forget who I heard say that.  It was probably from someone who said it before the commander I had said it.
LordOfRuin
+1|6704
Oh good Lord this is easy:  "Molon Labe"

In the Battle of Thermopylae, the Persian army of some 300,000 men meant to invade Greece.

At Thermopylae, the leader of the Spartans, Leonidas had a group of 300 Spartans and 2500 other assorted Greeks to defend the pass into Greece.

Laughing at the hubris of the Spartan leader, Xerxes of Persian sent a message by runner to Leonidas demanding the Greeks to surrender and hand over their shields (arms).

Leonidas replied to the runner:  "Molon Labe"

Translated as:  "Come and get them"

Best.  War. Quote. EVAR!

aiki
USMCkilla
+16|6759|South Carolina
"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?"
Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood, June 1918.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"
FERDINAND FOCH, USMC

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
belikeron
+-1|6630

USMCkilla wrote:

"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?"
Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood, June 1918.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"
FERDINAND FOCH, USMC

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
I was going to quote Chesty but got beat to it.
BallZDeeP
+1|6823|Inland Empire
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces soldier on his sniper skills, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when shooting members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Erkut.hv
+124|6732|California
"In 1966, he requested to be reinstated in the Corps in order to see action in the Vietnam War"

From the Chesty Bio. The man was 68 friggin years old.

Chesty just got put in front of Chuck Norris on the All-Time Badass List (ATBAL).

Best quote ever too, btw.
M730A2
+45|6692
Lord of Ruin is correct!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ

With out a question is the greatest Militay line in history, and ever will be.

Others of nore are:

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing." - At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan

"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3."- Paul F. Crickmore (test pilot)

"Blue water Navy truism: There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky." - From an old carrier sailor

"Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!"

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives, the rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks "What happened?".
The pilot's reply: "I don't know, I just got here myself!" - Attributed to Ray Crandell (Lockheed test pilot)
skippyfl
+0|6632

Erkut.hv wrote:

"In 1966, he requested to be reinstated in the Corps in order to see action in the Vietnam War"

From the Chesty Bio. The man was 68 friggin years old.

Chesty just got put in front of Chuck Norris on the All-Time Badass List (ATBAL).

Best quote ever too, btw.
Holy Crap... Chesty > Chuck
belikeron
+-1|6630
Well this is a USMC bumper sticker i guess for DI, since  I will be enlisting soon its kind of fitting =p

"We promise you sleep deprivation, mental torment, and muscles so sore you'll puke, but we don't want to sugar coat it."

Last edited by belikeron (2006-03-10 11:52:09)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine"
Erwin Rommel

"They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards!!"
Not sure exactly who, most of the books have it as just an enlisted paratrooper in the 101st, at Bastogne, Belgium Dec. 1944

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-10 12:24:16)

Umibozu_IT
+15|6645|Italy
"spartans don't ask how many they are, but where they are"

"the purpose of war is not to die for our country, but to make our enemies die for their."

basically every sentence from rome total war and operation flashpoint. some really awesome quotes.
belikeron
+-1|6630

Umibozu_IT wrote:

"the purpose of war is not to die for our country, but to make our enemies die for their."
Thats accually Patton i belive, "The purpose of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

It might be Macaurthur I dont remember exactly which hehe.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
Ya, it was Patton ^^^
Ziggy_79x
+4|6683
A couple of my favorite Patton quotes.

"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!"
- General George S. Patton

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

I also love the fact that this man would fire his Colt .45 Peacemaker at low flying enemy aircraft. The man was brilliant and nuts at the same time.
Thumper
+10|6689
Since we are quoting the spartens

My favorite is

"I hear the persians have so many archers that their arrows block out the sun"

"Good then we will have our battle in the shade"

However the most appropriate BF2 quote based on last night when I tried by myself to hold several positions as the team ran off,

This comes from an unkown LT from WW1 who had clearly had enough of his squad leader

In written memo

"The position will be held and the section will remain until relieved.  The position will be held using rifles, grenades, bayonets and other novelties.  If the section cannot remain there alive then they will remain there dead.  Nevertheless the position will be held"

Or Patton when asked if he read the bible

"Every God Damn Day"

Or the 101 at the battle of the buldge when asked by the germans to surrender

"Nuts"

Which loses something over the decades
KeeblerEOD
+1|6691
enemy boat spotted
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6696|NCFSU2
Greatest qutoes...

Anything the man below ever said.
KeeblerEOD
+1|6691
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"
Apocolypse Now
DSRTurtle
+56|6683
"There is no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of explosives"
wensleydale8
+81|6767|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
"Blood alone moves the wheels of history."
- Benito Mussolini

I think this is quite a true quote.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
CrazeD
+368|6670|Maine
"When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on."

"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." - General George S. Patton

"As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest mother f***er in the valley!" General George S. Patton

"America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never lose a war." - General George S. Patton
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6749|Toronto, ON
"A god amongst men, me" - Nyte
Alpha as fuck.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6698
"believing you are better than other men does not, actually, make it true." -Skruples

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard