LexStriker
+0|6753
When one brings up a local or internet server, and there are not enough players to start a round, one receives this message across the middle of the screen...

"The game will start when x more player(s) join"

Does anyone know how to get rid of this message so I can take screenshots without it?... besides getting enough people to join, of course.

Also, at the ~ prompt... is there a help command that will bring up all the available commands?... 'help' does not seem to work.

Thank you.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6781
to get rid of the message alone u have to edit the language files.
go here for available console commands.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/other/console
LexStriker
+0|6753
May I please ask what the filename and directory is for that language file?... and thank you for your reply, was quite helpful.

Last edited by LexStriker (2006-03-10 11:11:54)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6890|North Texas
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization\English\
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\Localization\English\

English.utxt is probably the only file you need to edit. Make a backup of the file(s) you modify.

See this thread at totalbf2.com for more info in these files.
LexStriker
+0|6753
Got the files and found the data name... HUD_STARTOFROUND_NRPLAYERSNEEDED.

However, changing the text had no effect on the program message, so there must be an override somewhere. I blanked the message out (using notepad) and even left only the variable (#NROFPLAYERS#) in once... no effect. I checked all the other files in both directories and no other data name exists like this or has the same text. There are 17 pages of responses to run through on the link you referred to... perhaps it is in there. Did some searching on the Forums using the message text and data names... nothing or everything.

Anyway, for now, no dice... not working.

Last edited by LexStriker (2006-03-12 10:09:24)

LexStriker
+0|6753
Would seem one does not have to change the English File at all. All one needs to do is make the following changes...

1) Open \Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings\ServerSettings.con
2) Set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1
3) Open \Documents And Settings\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\ServerSettings.con
4) Set sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1

Then when one logs into one's local server, one only has to say 1 player. Then the message does not appear. I am assuming this does not work with online servers.

Gentleman on TotalBF2.com Forums was kind enough to point this out to me. I am assuming all one needs to do is watch out for the ticket totals so the round does not end.

Last edited by LexStriker (2006-03-12 15:35:54)

Speelbal
+146|6796|Netherlands
In the console , just press TAB twice.

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-03-13 03:17:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard