It's great16%16% - 65
It's good, but I expect more still34%34% - 136
... Whatever ...27%27% - 109
This doesn't make me happy10%10% - 43
This patch ruins the whole game!11%11% - 46
Total: 399
Consollus
+21|6695|Sweden
Nope, claymore-spamming should be enough...
sausage
+-1|6600

{RS}Diamonddog wrote:

This patch sounds promising. Do you think it would be wise to go for my vet explosives badge before i install 1.21? and can someone please clarify what i need to do to get that badge. Can i do 23 kills with just claymore and get it? or will i have to use AT mine, C4, and claymore all in the same round?
ooh claymore whoring

*writes down name* i'll be avoiding servers your on for a day or so lol
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6636|Colorado
I'm satisfied with this patch.  It appears that they have or at least tried to iron out some of the crap from 1.2. 

This patch feels like you're running your hand down a clean shaven leg instead of some hairy French leg... smoother and more refined. 

But as with any clean shaven leg... the hair does grow back and needs maintenance.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England
I haven’t read through the whole thread so apologies if this has been discussed already.

1) Other then the zigzag AA bug being fixed, has there been any other AA changes? is it still as dangerous?
2) Has the no animation or sound when weapons are fired bug been fixed?

Thanks.

Last edited by Kobrakai (2006-03-10 07:41:52)

mporlier
+42|6610|Montreal, Canada

MaximumMayhem wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No.

We're dealing with EA here not Epic Games.. remember that.  They work around the cock remember?  Im sure its a difficult lifestyle to adapt to.  This patch is worth it even if it corrects the No Getting Attacked / Hit Indicators Sound bug.
Around the cock hein! That explains a lot of things LOL
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6707|IL
Ok heres an issue that I noticed last night, The problem was that me and my clan mate were gunning each other down I was using a PKM and he was on a scar-L.  We are both lighting into each other and I noticed that my crosshairs never lit up, so I kept moving it around just trying to get a hit.  HE too was doing the same thing none of us hit,  This happened again abit later to another guy.  There were only like 70 or so servers so eeryobdy was on it including peeps with pings ranging from 200 -700 and I thought maybe that may be the cause, has anyone else experience this prob.  I thought it was just my shitty skills but since my m8 was having the same probs and for the most part I was getting my normal hits, just curious if any one has seen this or if it was just server lag
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany

Kobrakai wrote:

I haven’t read through the whole thread so apologies if this has been discussed already.

1) Other then the zigzag AA bug being fixed, has there been any other AA changes? is it still as dangerous?
2) Has the no animation or sound when weapons are fired bug been fixed?

Thanks.
1) http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61100
2) Reported as fixed
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6692|Toronto, ON, CAN
I installed last night AFTER playing... I figured if things go to hell, at least I had one last good round.
I haven't touched it since... to afraid.

Glad to hear about the Claymore restriction working... that was leading me to armor whore lately, with the 15 claymores around each flag... The mines were a little out of control too, but seeing as I am mostly an Eng, I have no right to complain that my kit finally has bite again!

As to the Jordan emails sub plot; I was ROTFL at all the anger from that! It was obvious from the spelling that he was young (regardless of his attention pinging), but that it was his Dad's account!?! Classic.

To the "Dad" in the Jordan account: a small recommendation would be to password your admin account, and setup a restriction enabled account for your son... There are some images and text on these forums that are not ideal for a minor (not to start the custom sigs issue again).

Not telling you to limit your kid... it's your decision what you find acceptable behaviour.

Last edited by SunTzu (2006-03-10 08:29:54)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

that shooting bug is still around, today constandly when i drove by our commander i heard him shooting his PKM 24/7 but  he wasnt realy shooting.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
McBondi
+0|6616
For some reason I got more kills with AA before the 1.2 -patch. Now the new AA seems to just fly straight, no matter if there's a tone or not before the shot.

Moonraker: have you tried the usual? I had just amazing problems with the 1.2 -patch and everything was sorted out when I

1) banged my head against the table / wall / monitor / keyboard and cursed loudly
2) took a beer
3) uninstalled everything related to BF2 - reboot
4) created a new user account on my WinXP - reboot, select the new admin account
5) took 2 beers and a cigarette
6) installed BF2 vanilla - reboot
7) took a vodka shot and informed my computer that there will be severe consequences by the means of small caliber weapons and homemade explosives if this doesn't help
8) prayed (and got the beer I prayed for)
9) installed the patch and rebooted for one last time

Everything worked. Like a stroll in the park.

Last edited by McBondi (2006-03-10 08:46:03)

-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6609|Manchester UK

jordan108616 wrote:

i got my gaem on 26th of dec and i am a
http://www.bf2player.com/sig/61931096-539.gif26th
ouuu very nice i love ure K : D ratio

Last edited by -EcS-Blade (2006-03-10 08:41:04)

TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6598|Muenster, Germany
i downloaded the patch 2 hours ago on the german EA-site.
www.eagames.de

didn't install it yet, i won't have time to play today

i hope the patch will make also SF run more stable, its often a little bit jerky.

Last edited by TodErnst (2006-03-10 09:28:33)

-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6609|Manchester UK

jordan108616 wrote:

sorry for today thta was my son
ha funny you you spell just like him

thta

and if it was realy ure son, u need to have serius words with him
blue3c
+0|6789
ok I am a little confused. But when it comes to EA products, should I be suprised. Seriously what is with this patch. Is it official or did it get posted unknowingly (spelling nazis please step in, really we all know forums are about spelling right).
Just seems like very little was covered in this patch. I have not installed and will not install until it is posted in the download section of the official ea website. Seems to me like the bf2 community is staving for this patch and willing to download and install anything. Kinda crazy if you ask me.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States

McBondi wrote:

For some reason I got more kills with AA before the 1.2 -patch. Now the new AA seems to just fly straight, no matter if there's a tone or not before the shot.

Moonraker: have you tried the usual? I had just amazing problems with the 1.2 -patch and everything was sorted out when I

1) banged my head against the table / wall / monitor / keyboard and cursed loudly
2) took a beer
3) uninstalled everything related to BF2 - reboot
4) created a new user account on my WinXP - reboot, select the new admin account
5) took 2 beers and a cigarette
6) installed BF2 vanilla - reboot
7) took a vodka shot and informed my computer that there will be severe consequences by the means of small caliber weapons and homemade explosives if this doesn't help
8) prayed (and got the beer I prayed for)
9) installed the patch and rebooted for one last time

Everything worked. Like a stroll in the park.
lmfao....
thats funny stuff !!!
Apoly
+2|6625|Grand Haven, Michigan

Ayumiz wrote:

Red tag bug is still here.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY CAN'T THEY FIX THIS!!!!!!!  I've gotten way too many tvd's and tk's because of this freakin bug.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
PKM is still not fixed.........
--->patch = crap
IKICKURASS
+0|6615|Austin Texas
[url=http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page=stats&account=44382988][img]http://www.bf2player.com/sig/44382988-539.gif[/img][/url]

oh yeah, the PKM is still overpowered.
Ugaminor
+21|6642
red/blue bug is really a bummer.  I must have had it last night when I was testing 1.21 as I was Tk'd by 5 separate people in the same round.  Overall this patch improved the game's performance on my rig, but I have yet to test the AA.  I can't wait until they really fix the major bugs such as the sound issues and the color tags but all in all an improvement from 1.2.
ProDicTeD
+2|6778

Apoly wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Red tag bug is still here.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY CAN'T THEY FIX THIS!!!!!!!  I've gotten way too many tvd's and tk's because of this freakin bug.
That is EA thinking. The Red tag bug is not a bug, but it's put in the game by EA to let people play their game more. I've lost a lot of points because of this bug, so i need to regain those points by playing more.

If you disagree, why do you think EA put an automated punish if you don't forgive/punish. Also why do you think they actually made the punish button.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6816|North Texas
Once Chuy fixes the mod permissions in this forum, I'll clean this thread up.

For the time being, stop adding comments to/from jordan please.
DERERLEUCHTETE
+0|6817|Reinach, Switzerland
Good start :-|

our server is down since the provider installed the patch. That's what i call a good start into the weekend...

anyway, i got a good bottle of wine and some fresh italian antipasti ;-)

PROST !
DSRTurtle
+56|6655
Anyone have an Ati 9600 card?  I want to know if the patch fixes all the lag in Special Forces.  Warlord, Iron Gator, and to some extent Ghost Town, Surge, and Mass Destruction have problems with video lag on my 9600XT.

Thanks in advance for useful replies, not replies to buy a new video card.
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6652|King's Island
My card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, not a 9600, but I belive you will experience similar results.

1.21 gives me twice the fps of 1.2, no black polygons or lag spikes.

1.2 fucked up support for ATI cards, 1.21 fixes it.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States
well Ive d/led the full version,twice
as I bought sf's today(sf's sucks,only good out of it was the four unlocks)
played several rounds and truthfully,I see no difference
course Ive not had any problems with any of the patches
Ive just learned to adapt and adjust to any changes,and just play !!

wasnt a choice of "see no difference"
so I didnt vote...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard