Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

/cares what the world thinks.  really do.

fix your own issues first.
It's...

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

"Just a bit of fun" (name that quote).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

ok?  i am stating my opinion.  deal with it.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine

usmarine wrote:

/cares what the world thinks.  really do.

fix your own issues first.
Its not like we're in the age of the "market state" or anything, we aren't connected at all.  Or that we've adopted a pre-emptive strategy that basically allows us to fuck with anyone who looks at us funny.  Move along peon furriners, back to your Wal-Mart owned sweatshops!
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

ok?  i am stating my opinion.  deal with it.
And the world is stating theirs. Deal with it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

To Girilla:
ya blah blah.  sick of hearing that.  that has little to do with anything.  they cant vote for it, so i dont care what they think.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-10-23 12:34:24)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)
https://blogs.townonline.com/newton/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/head-in-sand.JPG

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

you can vote in the US?  oh.  thank you.

nice pic.  is that you waiting to get rammed by my big USA cock?

Last edited by usmarine (2008-10-23 12:37:25)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

you can vote in the US?  oh.  thank you.

nice pic.  is that you waiting to get rammed by my big USA cock?
No, that's u, with your USA head firmly buried in your USA sand.

Seriously, if the US can 'comment' on the leadership of other countries, why can't the world comment on the leadership of the US?
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine

usmarine wrote:

To Girilla:
ya blah blah.  sick of hearing that.  that has little to do with anything.  they cant vote for it, so i dont care what they think.
Meanwhile, some of us prefer to live in the real world...pulling the lever for your man/woman would never happen without dirty, filthy, stinky, nasty, yet beautiful MONEY!

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle … 2698295150

Figure the Obama campaign has spent nearly a billion smackers, and probably up to 5% of that cash came from dirty foreigners like Cam (not that he doesn't have his own isolationist principles, just an example).

"Market States", its my new favorite buzzword - go figure it came from a wingnut intellectual.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Seriously, if the US can 'comment' on the leadership of other countries, why can't the world comment on the leadership of the US?
I dont remember anyone giving a flying rats ass who you guys elected.  or knighted.  or whatever the hell you guys do.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I dont remember anyone giving a flying rats ass who you guys elected.  or knighted.  or whatever the hell you guys do.
Because the UK is, like, the number-one super-power. D'UH!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

no son.  YOU guys barely talk about it.  I can prove you all talk more about ours than your own.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

no son.  YOU guys barely talk about it.  I can prove you all talk more about ours than your own.
Because the US is the worlds number one super power. Who you elect matters to us, maybe not as much as it does to you, but it still matters to us. One hell of a lot more than who we elect.

For example, do you care who is head of state in Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Korea, or China, or Russia, or Cuba, or Isreal, or etc, etc, etc...

Answer: yes you do, or at least you should - because they are potentially dangerous players on the world stage.

Now, the UK? The world doesn't give a fuck about the UK - we're too small - our only real power comes from our historical ties - cut those ties and we're nothing.

But, the US? As I've said before - the US is the worlds number-one super-power at the moment. You could go fuck over any country you want. Any time you want. And not just militarily, but also economically. That is why the rest of the world has an interest in who becomes the next President.

No one is saying they have any influence over it. But that doesn't mean we also shouldn't take an interest in it.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-10-23 13:14:09)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That's what he was getting at - US politics has more global implications than UK politics.  It's that simple, really.  That's why the world waits with bated breath for our Presidential Election.  You may not like the fact that they care so much, but that's your problem, not theirs.

Either way, people are getting worked up over some stupid internet poll where less than 9000 people voted.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

lol.....how the hell are we a superpower?  I can find the same people saying we are not a superpower if I digg back I am sure.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
I don't get the humor of "Little Britain"? Is it unfunny or am I stupid?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

usmarine wrote:

lol.....how the hell are we a superpower?  I can find the same people saying we are not a superpower if I digg back I am sure.
Dude don't be an idiot.  Are you honestly suggesting the US isn't a superpower?  We are the sole superpower.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

a superpower who has to borrow money from china?  no sir.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I don't get the humor of "Little Britain"? Is it unfunny or am I stupid?
I'm tempted to say "the latter". But suspect it's more to do with the fact it's British.

Though, having said that, I've never found it all that funny either.
topal63
. . .
+533|6728

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

... the US... is... the...  sole superpower.
Basically true, so how can there even be an argument about this? :/
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

imortal wrote:

I am self-centered.  I admit it.  I only care about things, people, events, or policies as they affect my life, or those I care about.  I think this is true for a lot of people in here, but I freely admit it.
Hey, I'm mostly that way myself, and I'm glad you have the balls to admit it.

imortal wrote:

I am looking for a president that will make changes in my nation I agree with, and use the power of my nation to bring changes in the world that positively affect my life.  If it does not affect me one way or the other, I really don't care.  If something has the possibility to affect me negatively, it better have a payoff for me or my loved ones in the long run, or I am against it.  I do not run out and chant "Save Darfur!" just so I can feel good about myself 'for making a difference.'  That too is a self-centered activity, but for accounting for a moral and psycho-social need rather than a physical one.

I am for isolationalism, so long as it benifits me.  That beign said, the US has not been an isolationist nation since Wilson decided to butt into WW1 and provide aid and munitions to England.  We are out in the world now, and we should seek to control our enviroment or it will try to control us.

Hey turq, did that sound angry enough?
I can agree with you on that to a point.  I'm mostly an isolationist myself, and I realize that we have to get involved sometimes.  However, we're WAY over our head at this point....
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6352|tropical regions of london

imortal wrote:

....so, you want to talk about only receiving your info from one side?  If all you look at are left leaning news agencies, you are just as guilty as those who only watch FOX NEWS
wtf,  talking about hinting at things.

I never said that, never even hinted.  But if you are the kind of person, like yellowman, that says the only news he gets is from "the right", well thats a really ignorant statement and I hope he is kidding.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85

God Save the Queen wrote:

imortal wrote:

....so, you want to talk about only receiving your info from one side?  If all you look at are left leaning news agencies, you are just as guilty as those who only watch FOX NEWS
wtf,  talking about hinting at things.

I never said that, never even hinted.  But if you are the kind of person, like yellowman, that says the only news he gets is from "the right", well thats a really ignorant statement and I hope he is kidding.
mostly kidding
Marinejuana
local
+415|6594|Seattle
talking about election = deluded
13/f/taiwan
+940|5708
Its not like any of you are old enough to vote anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard