Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

God Save the Queen wrote:

I dont know about the primary cause but I could tell you what the primary end to it was

USA

bitches.
inb4thebritishpeoplesaytheydidntneedus
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

I dont know about the primary cause but I could tell you what the primary end to it was

USA

bitches.
inb4thebritishpeoplesaytheydidntneedus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638
The Milgram experiments.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT
Do I really need to dig up that long post I wrote about how all the Allies were necessary for the success and thus none deserve full credit for the victory?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

nukchebi0 wrote:

Do I really need to dig up that long post I wrote about how all the Allies were necessary for the success and thus none deserve full credit for the victory?
This thread is about what caused WW2 and speculations as to what factors not who won it ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

FatherTed wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

pride
This, tbh
Very true. Without writing an essay for post I think it pretty much sums it up. I doubt we will learn here anything different that has not already been discussed/debated/documented a trillion times for the past fifty plus years.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6640
I'd say there are many reasons why WWII broke out:

Versailles was a treaty just waiting to bite the allies in the behind because of their insistence in allowing such a vicious thing to be made. I can, however, understand why such a treaty was created due to the extreme suffering the allies had been through at the expense of the Germans with Clemencau being the main instigator in the severity of the TOV.

Other reasons include Hitlers general personality and of course the Great Depression which is a huge reason why people actually voted for the Nazi party who promised stability, employment and to provide a scapegoat (ethnic minorities) to blame the overall suffering on.

The Allies insistence to appease whatever was being thrown their way was also a huge mishap although again that stems back to the TOV.

many many many reasons
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
WW1
and the Von Trapps
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6353|Vancouver
The creation of radical new ideologies and the uncertain economic conditions that permitted these ideologies to flourish.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6444|The Twilight Zone
*Blame the Jews*

I just saw "Hitler- Rise of evil" again and its played(explained)nicely.
Hitler wanted "pure" Germany. Arian race only and great Germany. -Versailles treaty and "horrible" terms for the Germans were just excuses for Hitler to gain public on his side.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

My vote goes to the Versailles Treaty.
You pretty much nailed it. Without the angst caused by the Versailles Treaty, Hitler and his goons would've remained a fringe element, like Ralph Nader.

+1, you pudgy little leprechaun.

bad-man wrote:

Hitler was racist.
So he was, but that didn't cause WW2.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-10-21 14:12:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Kmarion wrote:

I just read the unnecessary war. It was interesting. I don't agree with certain viewpoints. But still .. interesting.
The author seemed to want to make Hitlers case.
http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Hitler- … 030740515X
http://media.putfile.com/Phil-and-Pat
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
You can also thank American isolationism also. We let the Japanese run wild in the Pacific. It encouraged both the Nazi's and Japs to get balls.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

Assasination of Franz Ferdinand
Without that, The Great War (probably) wouldn't have started, and so there would have been no Treaty of Versailles.

Its the snowball effect. You could go back further than that I suppose.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6546

Snake wrote:

Without that, The Great War (probably) wouldn't have started, and so there would have been no Treaty of Versailles.

Nope. A more constructive and less humiliating Versailles Treaty could have averted WWII imo.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT

CameronPoe wrote:

Snake wrote:

Nope. A more constructive and less humiliating Versailles Treaty could have averted WWII imo.
If there was no WWI...would there have been a Treaty of Versailles? You could argue WWI would have happened regardless of Ferdinand's assassination, but then, would it have resulted the same?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6546

nukchebi0 wrote:

If there was no WWI...would there have been a Treaty of Versailles? You could argue WWI would have happened regardless of Ferdinand's assassination, but then, would it have resulted the same?
WWI was inevitable and the outcome was also inevitable.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT

CameronPoe wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

WWI was inevitable and the outcome was also inevitable.
Would the outcome have been exactly the same?
EVieira
+105|6469|Lutenblaag, Molvania
Without the support of the german populace Hitler he would have gotten nowhere. The Versailles treaty made it easy for a charismatic leader like him to unite the masses towards war. So, its a combination of factors, but I would bet that if the Treaty didn't place Germany in such a shitty position Hitler wouldn't have been able to amass enough political power to take control of the country and rebuild Wermacht.

But anyhow, it is amazing how a broken, indebted country like Germany at the time became such a powerful military force in such short time span. It shows what men can accomplished when united and motivated under powerful leaders. For good or bad...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6776|Perth, Western Australia
A mix of things really.

The Versailles treaty, the amazing amount of appeasement (I hope I'm using that word in the right context lowing) given to the Germans, Hitler's need for the lebensraum, and finally the need to act before someone decided to do something about the fact that Germany had allied with Austria (prevented after WW1).
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Drakef wrote:

The creation of radical new ideologies and the uncertain economic conditions that permitted these ideologies to flourish.
I don't think Hitler invented anti-semitism but a scewed economy did help.

The actual cause was Henry Tandey.  Son of a bitch.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Chamberlain. Appeasing pussy.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

Wwi
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6353|Vancouver

Reciprocity wrote:

Drakef wrote:

I don't think Hitler invented anti-semitism but a scewed economy did help.

The actual cause was Henry Tandey.  Son of a bitch.
Anti-Semitism is not among the ideologies that I meant, and neither is that one in particular important to the cause of the Second World War.

The ones I refer to are communism and fascism. More particularly, the latter one. Overall, it was increasingly militaristic governments that were given more power by citizens desperate from the economic crisis. The electorate would not have turned to Hitler (and to a lesser degree, Mussolini, Lenin, and the various military governments of Japan) had there not have been desperation. With nothing to lose, the more radical of solutions become evident as the most likely of solutions. Make no mistake, from the major dictatorial governments to the minor powers, most of the belligerent nations were well supported by the people.

Naturally, the Treaty of Versailles not only contributed to the poor economy, primarily in Germany, and it furthered the blame in Germany upon not only other nations, but also on traditional elements of German government.
imortal
+240|6656|Austin, TX
I am agreeing with Cam and going with the Treaty of Versailles, and the conditions it created in Germany to allow Hitler's rise to power.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard