NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6138

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

If you buy one of those things, it's pretty clear you're compensating for something.

Plus it's like 20 times more manly to beat someone to death than it is to shoot them like a pussy faygit.
Thats right because its way more manly in the military to be blown apart by some fuck face extremist than use a .50 caliber to disable his vehicle.

People don't buy .50 for target practice.

270, 284, 7mm08, 308 are perfectly versatile rounds for anything.

Plus, what the fuck are we supposed to do if some moron were to break into our house with a gun? Attempt to beat the shit out of him but fail miserably because we think thing guns are faggish?

Guns are not "faggish", "pussy like", nor are they "cheap."Learn to shoot one before you go on a public forum bitching about it.
Civilians don't buy .50 for target practice, but that's about all a civilian can use them for. Unless they have to fight off some zombies.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

yes they do.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

no, they arent.
thats why the .50 BMG round is so popular with long distance shooting enthusiasts.
the "over a mile" club is a rather elite group of shooters....and i doubt many of them shoot .308's.

edit:

NateWiese wrote:

Civilians don't buy .50 for target practice, but that's about all a civilian can use them for. Unless they have to fight off some zombies.
how many civilians do you know that own barretts?
or are you just talking out of your ass?

Last edited by Parker (2008-10-06 19:37:07)

NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6138

Parker wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

yes they do.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

no, they arent.
thats why the .50 BMG round is so popular with long distance shooting enthusiasts.
the "over a mile" club is a rather elite group of shooters....and i doubt many of them shoot .308's.

edit:

NateWiese wrote:

Luckily I don't know any one who feels the need to own a barett.
Parker
isteal

NateWiese wrote:

Parker wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

yes they do.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

no, they arent.

edit:

NateWiese wrote:

Luckily I don't know any one who feels the need to own a barett.
then thanks for the contribution buddy
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6119|SC | USA |

Parker wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

yes they do.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

no, they arent.
Should have added "many" for clarity. I was talking about an average gun enthusiast. Not a multi-millionaire ultra enthusiast.

Because I'm sure your average person isn't going to buy an $8600 rifle with $4.25 a shot ammunition just to shoot it at a 200 yard target.

Even in the middle east only the 1mile+ shots are taken with the .50. The majority of the sharp shooters are still using .308 variants. Hell I've seen a video of snipers engaging targets at 800 yards with AR-15 .223 variants.
Parker
isteal

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Should have added "many" for clarity. I was talking about an average gun enthusiast. Not a multi-millionaire ultra enthusiast.
not everyone that owns a barrett is ultra rich.
i know a guy that saved up for three years....just cause he wanted in the over a mile club.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Because I'm sure your average person isn't going to buy an $8600 rifle with $4.25 a shot ammunition just to shoot it at a 200 yard target.
im an average firearms enthusiast, and if i had the money, i would own a barrett.
you are paying too much for ammo...i can get .50 BMG API rounds for about $2.50 a piece.

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Even in the middle east only the 1mile+ shots are taken with the .50. The majority of the sharp shooters are still using .308 variants. Hell I've seen a video of snipers engaging targets at 800 yards with AR-15 .223 variants.
a .223 @ 800 yards?
i cant imagine that would be too effective...

Last edited by Parker (2008-10-06 20:01:34)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6225|Phoenix, AZ

Parker wrote:

They are selling them for the public.

I'd still want to shoot one just to feel that insane power of a .50 cal sniper rifle, It would be something else im sure.
Reciprocity
+721|6586|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Parker wrote:

a .223 @ 800 yards?
i cant imagine that would be too effective...
accuracy and real damage requires 70+ gr. bullets and very fast barrels, but it is possible to lob a 55gr. FMJ round 800 yards.  and it might even go through a  couple layers of clothing.  Of course a wet fart would toss the round 50 or 100 inches off target.  Very delicate ballistics.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6849|Waikato, Aotearoa
Yep doesnt look too bad. I wonder if the .338 can go through a truck's engine @ 700m like the .50Cal can!?
-101-InvaderZim

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Indeed - I believe the current record for a single round sniper kill is something like 1400m. A Brit sniper made the kill with a .50 Barret in Afganistan. What an awesome display of Marksmanship.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Indeed - I believe the current record for a single round sniper kill is something like 1400m. A Brit sniper made the kill with a .50 Barret in Afganistan. What an awesome display of Marksmanship.
It was a Canadian fella wasn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Perry
-101-InvaderZim

M.O.A.B wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

It was a Canadian fella wasn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Perry
I stand Corrected.....
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6719|Purplicious Wisconsin
defense review has an article on this rifle http://defensereview.com/modules.php?na … p;sid=1177
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
GR34
+215|6550|ALBERTA> CANADA
I own 15 m2 .50cal  mg,s which I have mounted one on my 1990 nissan maxima

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard