this summons up one word in mind: JDAM
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

I've caught bigger. tsch.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
You can find catfish that big in the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.  Also, big lakes with dams are a good place to find 'em that size too...the first time I went fishing on Truman Lake here in Missouri, I saw pictures of lots of people who had caught 4+ foot catfish in the spillway below the dam.

On a canoe trip on the Current River, I was in a boat with my brother's dad, and he was spotting in the front.  He saw something in the water, freaked out and started yelling at me to look below us...there was an alligator snapping turtle that looked to be about 3 feet long and almost as wide (I know water distorts, but still it was way bigger than a normal snapping turtle). 

That started a whole discussion on local freakishly large animals we'd seen/heard about, and he said when he learned to dive at the Lake of the Ozarks, his instructor told him about diving below Truman dam and seeing a 6 foot catfish, which prompted him to never dive there again.

I don't doubt the sucker got a taste for human flesh, but I don't really see how a catfish is going to eat a live person, even when they're that big...they don't have teeth like a shark that will cut you into bite-sized chunks.  It's their horns that'll make your life miserable.

Maybe a toddler could get wolfed down though...scary thought for a parent.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2008-10-09 16:09:14)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
I'd be armed with a shotgun at all times around that river tbh.
13rin
+977|6477

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to think about the whole "pulling it out of the water against its own will and pulling it towards you" bit of fishing. That thing weighed 75kg, and combine that with the fact it probably struggled alot, that's actually quite amazing that they managed to catch it without resorting to high yield explosives and/or harpoons
Have you ever before in your life been fishing?  75kg?  Lightweight....  I reeled in fish twice that size from 400 feet of water.  It was a Halibut.  It was like reeling in a sheet of plywood, made of lead.  We did shoot the fucker before we brought it in the boat (with a .357 mag), we'd also use a harpoon with spear gun tip to bring the lil' guys in the boat.  But shit, I'm one of those crazy Alaskans...

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-10-09 16:45:46)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ParadoXic
+11|5733|Vancouver, Canada

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

but at the end of the day, it's just luck if you get a big 'un snagging your rod.

But anyway that looks that looks pretty gangsta...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to think about the whole "pulling it out of the water against its own will and pulling it towards you" bit of fishing. That thing weighed 75kg, and combine that with the fact it probably struggled alot, that's actually quite amazing that they managed to catch it without resorting to high yield explosives and/or harpoons
Have you ever before in your life been fishing?  75kg?  Lightweight....  I reeled in fish twice that size from 400 feet of water.  It was a Halibut.  It was like reeling in a sheet of plywood, made of lead.  We did shoot the fucker before we brought it in the boat (with a .357 mag), we'd also use a harpoon with spear gun tip to bring the lil' guys in the boat.  But shit, I'm one of those crazy Alaskans...
No I haven't been fishing

But still, 75Kg sounds like alot, especially if it's struggling. And especially if all you have is like a rope to pull it in. I dunno. Never actually tried it.

edit:

@ paradoxic....yeah, i see it

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-10-10 04:55:05)

13rin
+977|6477

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No I haven't been fishing

But still, 75Kg sounds like alot, especially if it's struggling. And especially if all you have is like a rope to pull it in. I dunno. Never actually tried it.

edit:

@ paradoxic....yeah, i see it
About 150lb?  It's a big fish, but imagine shark fishing or some of the big 1600lb tuna.  Mek, if there's one think you need to do in your life, it's go fishing.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6741|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
seen a pike take a dog in a pond one day, was like something out of Jaw's, a wee Yorkie terrier that this old guy owned, it was fighting like fuck trying to get out but the pike must of had it by its back legs/leg next thing it disappeared under the surface of the water before I could get to it, and that was the end of it, poor old fella was inconsolable..
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

tuckergustav wrote:

...ewww....that's "dead people water" ....GET OUT!!!

This is among the many many reasons I wouldn't get into water that you can't see through...
Don't they throw bodies into the river 'cause its holy?

I think it was declared dead, at one point?

Or was that the Rhine?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

SEREVENT wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

This is among the many many reasons I wouldn't get into water that you can't see through...

Or was that the Rhine?
It was the rhine...I read that it was close to being biologically dead from chemical pollution...

Last edited by tuckergustav (2008-10-10 09:41:15)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

tuckergustav wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Or was that the Rhine?
It was the rhine...I read that it was close to being biologically dead from chemical pollution...
It WAS i think.

Then, after a clean up operation, some factory in Switzerland i think, caught fire, and dumped everything in the river and turned it bright red, killing all the fish.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

SEREVENT wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Or was that the Rhine?
It WAS i think.

Then, after a clean up operation, some factory in Switzerland i think, caught fire, and dumped everything in the river and turned it bright red, killing all the fish.
ah...I love google, don't you?
CC-Marley
+407|6827

DesertFox- wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

has anyone even got the title reference?
Hopefully, everyone has.
Come on Chief, this isn't no boy scout picnic. See ya' got ya' rubbers!
13rin
+977|6477

CC-Marley wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

has anyone even got the title reference?
Hopefully, everyone has.
Come on Chief, this isn't no boy scout picnic. See ya' got ya' rubbers!
Show me the way to go home.. 
I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head

Where ever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

Smile you son of a bitch
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Thats a stickleback, I catch those in my Jamjar (yeah I wish).  Serious grumpy fish you wanna see the nutta's in Texas who catch them bare handed, "Gurbling" I think they call it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

1927 wrote:

Thats a stickleback, I catch those in my Jamjar (yeah I wish).  Serious grumpy fish you wanna see the nutta's in Texas who catch them bare handed, "Gurbling" I think they call it.
i <3 u
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6378|MN

1927 wrote:

Noodling...Reaching into a hole in the mud and sticking your hand down the monsters throat, grab on to something inside and pull it out.  Sounds like fun.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

LividBovine wrote:

1927 wrote:

Noodling...Reaching into a hole in the mud and sticking your hand down the monsters throat, grab on to something inside and pull it out.  Sounds like fun.
Thats the word I was looking for, cheers Livid....Fisting.

Fisting...Reaching into a hole in the mud and sticking your hand down the monsters throat, grab on to something inside and pull it out.  Sounds like fun.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271

1927 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

1927 wrote:

Thats the word I was looking for, cheers Livid....Fisting.

Fisting...Reaching into a hole in the mud and sticking your hand down the monsters throat, grab on to something inside and pull it out.  Sounds like fun.
rofl...dirty minds

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard