twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6217
not played bf2 for ages, yet the other day went on a mates computer and owned up the world.

infact he might even start playing as me then he can be a l337 as me. the point is, why after 3 months of no play, can i still dragshot properly, i thought i would have forgotten ?
Brasso
+1,549|6640

i used to suck after not playing for even a week (back in the BF2/2142 days), but now i can pick up any game that i haven't played in ages and play pretty well, although not as good as before.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6418|Somersetshire
my skill level drops, but not very much, sometimes I'll do something stupid and think "WTF did i do that?"
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!
I took an 8 month break and it all came back to me after a round or two.
0akleaves
+183|6623|Newcastle UK
first round back on ocs i went 80-1 and my gunner went 48-1 in the f15, the 1 was a blackhawk hovering on my runway, stupid n00b
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6359|Iowa...
i never really get worse at playing the game, but my decision making will be retarded sometimes.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6152
It's pretty hard to forget how to revive whore, bomb uncaps, spam grenades and notify your teammates of (fictional) enemy boats.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6445
So much of BF2 is muscle memory that it really is just like riding a bike.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-10-05 12:28:43)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6117|Birmingham, UK
No. One time in the hollidays i was bored, went on Ghost Town and got something like 2-24.

Needless to say i resigned from Battlefield 2 SF.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Depends how long you leave it I guess. I didnt play for about 2 months...I can still whore up great wall and come top most rounds with ATmines and a Benelli

Certainly couldnt go back to CSS/SOF2 and play like I used to though...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

I suck both before and after any break
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6336|England
I play average.. Don't notice stuff as much as I do when I'm on form, and will make random choices, but can still hold a 3/2-1 KD majority of the time
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

CoD4 is weird for me. The more I play, the worse I get. I got bored to it in time and now had a 2.5month break. Got 18 kill streak the first round I came back to it now :S

CS is one game I can't get back into now. Used to be pretty pro but now I can't play for shit all.

BF2 is one of the "once-you-learn,-you-won't-forget" games. Just like many quake3 engine games are for me.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Laika
+75|5954
Meh, whenever I come back from a break I end up sucking horribly for the first few hours or so.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6169|Dublin
Comes back after an hour or two.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Jenspm wrote:

I suck both before and after any break
same for me
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL
depends, if you've been playing another game, the different control scheme will screw with you for a few rounds, but other than that, it comes back fast
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6464|USA
Yeah, anytime I stop playing for a while (couple months) I come back just as good...
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6009|Aberdeen, Scotland

S.Lythberg wrote:

depends, if you've been playing another game, the different control scheme will screw with you for a few rounds, but other than that, it comes back fast
Agreed
bobroonie.bda
+143|6691
I just came back after 6 months, did ok at first, but within a few hours the golds came again. I am dieing a bit more now, but not by much. And I'm not as quick with pulling the knife out when your in the pinch. I blame COD 4 for that... But I am doing alot better then I thought I would be after that  long of a break.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5914|CA
I've learned to effectively switch between BF:BC (PS3 controller) and BF2 (M+K), and maintain positive K/D ratios in both.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya
Yer i dont lose any skill after not playing for ages.
Example: i was playing CSS for the first time in almost a year. and i could still own my mates. even though 2 of them play css at least 3-4 hours a day.

i think u (everyone) just reach a point where no matter how much more u play u cant get any better.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6504|Sydney, Australia

TopHat01 wrote:

I've learned to effectively switch between BF:BC (PS3 controller) and BF2 (M+K), and maintain positive K/D ratios in both.
You can't get negative KDR, only ones below 1.

I find I can't control the crosshair, but it comes back pretty quickly, so I've got to say yes, when you've invested that much time into a game, plus half the time you're brainlessly playing it anyway, it's definitely a muscle memory thing, like riding a bike.
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|6009

Vub wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

You can't get negative KDR, only ones below 1.

I find I can't control the crosshair, but it comes back pretty quickly, so I've got to say yes, when you've invested that much time into a game, plus half the time you're brainlessly playing it anyway, it's definitely a muscle memory thing, like riding a bike.
ummm, thanks for the pointing out the obvious???

he's referring to a kdr that's not 1:1 (1.00), 2:1 ( 2.0) etc etc

negetive kdr 1:4 (.25) so on and so forth. having more deaths than kills.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6296|eng
Haven't played for a while, and plan to leave it for quite a lot longer before I consider playing again. It will be a couple of rounds until I get back to my old level of play.

Also, tbl, what is your definition of "owning up the world"? 3:1 KDR sitting in a bush on Wake? lolololol
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard