Neither81%81% - 113
Total: 138
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6226|NSW, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No

It really is just an excuse for poor behaviour.
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills

jord wrote:

I have slight ADD.

In reality I just had no interest in school subjects because they were fucking boring. So I used that as an excuse, because like everyone else I'd rather kick paper around the room than read a poem and understand it's meaning.
I have the same thing and I got diagnosed with ADD.  If I really gave a damn about school I would be getting straight A's.  I dont give a damn so I get B's and C's.

I refuse to take the medication because I see it as cheating, and I really don't think of myself as less intelligent as other students, more like less giving a fuck.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
I hear PCP makes you super strong.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I hear PCP makes you super strong.
shit yeah

VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

_j5689_ wrote:

I forgot to mention: ADD pills are prescription speed.
OMG WTF, a prescription drug is abused as a narcotic.

I don't believe you, prove it.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6508|Gold Coast
I have neither, I just get bored with some things so I'll swap attention.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.

specops10-4 wrote:

jord wrote:

I have slight ADD.

In reality I just had no interest in school subjects because they were fucking boring. So I used that as an excuse, because like everyone else I'd rather kick paper around the room than read a poem and understand it's meaning.
I have the same thing and I got diagnosed with ADD.  If I really gave a damn about school I would be getting straight A's.  I dont give a damn so I get B's and C's.

I refuse to take the medication because I see it as cheating, and I really don't think of myself as less intelligent as other students, more like less giving a fuck.
Cheating? If I take my meds I'm normal, if I forget to take them I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes and I can't keep my mouth shut at all, and I don't talk, I SHOUT.

But yeah...I'm clearly faking that all because I enjoy making an idiot out of myself [/sarcasm]
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6460|meh-land

_j5689_ wrote:

if someone has add, pills like ritalin don't have that affect, they only do that to people who are normal and have just been misdiagnosed
tbh
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills

Sydney wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

jord wrote:

I have slight ADD.

Cheating? If I take my meds I'm normal, if I forget to take them I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes and I can't keep my mouth shut at all, and I don't talk, I SHOUT.

But yeah...I'm clearly faking that all because I enjoy making an idiot out of myself [/sarcasm]
I don't think YOU are cheating.  I feel as though I would be cheating if I took them, I know I don't have ADD so taking those pills would only give me an advantage.  I want to get whatever grades I get under my own willpower.
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
Neither
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Blehm98 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

if someone has add, pills like ritalin don't have that affect, they only do that to people who are normal and have just been misdiagnosed
tbh
Indeed, even meth would slow me down, since it's the same chemical, methylphenidate, that is in my prescription meds.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6553|Kent, UK
ADD and ADHD aren't just about naughty kids with a good excuse. It is HUGELY over-diagnosed and often used as an excuse. I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago, and i took ritalin for 4-5 years. I NEVER oncde used ADHD as an excuse for my behaviour and i detest kids that did/do. Both conditions are about an imbalance in chemical production in the brain. Without this chemical it is difficult to concentrate. Ritalin is an amphetamine and it stimulates the production of the necessary chemicals.

I'm a normal person with a good job. I don't take any medication (haven't since 17). It's treatable and controllable with time and discipline, but don't tar everyone with the same dirty brush, eh?
Defiance
+438|6668

specops10-4 wrote:

I don't think YOU are cheating.  I feel as though I would be cheating if I took them, I know I don't have ADD so taking those pills would only give me an advantage.  I want to get whatever grades I get under my own willpower.
That's bullshit. Don't use your "I'm not going to take pills" honor to excuse lower grades then you think you're capable of. If you don't have ADD, then you're just as bad as those kids who do have ADD and call that as an excuse. If you do have ADD, then you're not properly treating yourself.
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills

Defiance wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

That's bullshit. Don't use your "I'm not going to take pills" honor to excuse lower grades then you think you're capable of. If you don't have ADD, then you're just as bad as those kids who do have ADD and call that as an excuse. If you do have ADD, then you're not properly treating yourself.
I am not excusing myself at all, I don't thin people should think of me as a good person for not taking them, I just don't want to take em.  I really don't understand what youre getting at though...
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6681|West Yorkshire, U.K
No but I like to think I have
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

Yes, took a bunch of test and interviews - diagnosed last week. Not sure I will do the drug route.
phishsux
­
+131|5129
i dunno, lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

what was the question?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
tl;dr
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pace51
Boom?
+194|5170|Markham, Ontario

Sydney wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No

Jesus fucking christ, I knew this would happen. It's not a fucking excuse, I have never accepted any kind of special treatment whatsofucking ever, because I don't to be different from the rest, I just want to blend in.
Same here.
lrishpride
+68|5145
Jesus. Such bullshit.

You don't have 'ADD', you're just lazy.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5170|Markham, Ontario
I'm lazy? Read my 5000 word garbage post about bf2 weapons with personalities. Alrite, well, I'm very persistant and determined. Which isn't always a good thing.
Chou
+737|6788
tl;dr hey look a bird
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

pace51 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No

Jesus fucking christ, I knew this would happen. It's not a fucking excuse, I have never accepted any kind of special treatment whatsofucking ever, because I don't to be different from the rest, I just want to blend in.
Same here.
Look at it like this. He was diagnosed when he was a kid, presumably for being a douche. The problem is, his parents must have taken him to a doctor because of it. That is where the problem lies. How many parents would even think about taking their kids to a doctor for things like that? They couldn't punish or treat him like an ordinary parent, they thought something must be wrong with him. Their inability to act as proper parents led them to make this poor decision. The doctor can't just turn around and say that they are awful parents and they just have a douchey kid. He says ADD or whatever. Parents are now happy that there is something they can hold onto the kid and explain his idiocy and their own inadequacy. The cycle continues.

It's poor parenting coupled with doctors who want to sound smart and make a few bucks along with pharmaceutical companies that create this problem.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-05-17 04:42:56)

CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6127|Carnoustie MASSIF

lrishpride wrote:

Jesus. Such bullshit.

You don't have 'ADD', you're just lazy.
shut the fuck up. You broke the law and crashed your car, what's your excuse?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard