madmax
+12|6281|perth, w.a.
pfffttt Australian police are pussies
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6410

Got an AFP agent a couple of metres from my house. Big red car with all the insignia.

It's awesome.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6695|Belgium
You should take your gun, shoot her in the face and call it self defense. I'm sure you're entitled by the 2nd amendment.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX
My experience of the UK Police is they only investigate the crimes which suit them.

If you'd said "I've cut her tyres with my Stanley knife" I bet you'd have had 20 fuzz on you in a minute.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6799|Great Brown North

Pierre wrote:

You should take your gun, shoot her in the face and call it self defense. I'm sure you're entitled by the 2nd amendment.

Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6401|Oslo, Norway
If the Sheriff from OC reads this you're f¤¤¤¤d.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Step 1) Call 911
Step 2) Tell them there's a hostage situation involving a heavily armed suspect and a small child and his mother in that car
Step 3) Tell them you saw the driver loading what looked like fertilizer in the trunk of the car
Step 4) Watch the entire police force + the FBI chase down this drunk driver
Just make that call from a friends phone.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6363|tropical regions of london
el pollo loco is good food.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5769|شمال
cant you make a civil arrest?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
SealXo
+309|6555

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You would have been better off calling the regular police line and not 911. It wasn't really an emergency.
You should have called the local police line, given the description and license and said that if they had a patrol out to tell them to look out for her because you thought she would kill someone. Then the police might have gotten the message. I doubt that the 911 operator reported anything at all.

I once had car(s) speeding about 100 mph on my street, they were so fast I doubt they stopped for the stop signs. After the third pass by the house I called the local police line, ask them to keep an eye out or send patrol by. They asked for my name and address to check if it was a legitmate call and within 15 minutes I counted about 3 patrol cars, or perhaps the same patrol circling. about 30 minutes later they had someone pulled over, I think they actually caught the guy. I don't like snitching but I don't abide by a$$hole$ with cherry bombs racing a 100 mph at 2 am either, and it sounds like your escalade chick was a real a$$hole. But I wouldn't waste my time following her either.
not an emergency? Dont you always see the call 911, report drunk drivers signs on the freeway?
So i should wait until the little kids arm is 50 yards away from his body before its considered an emergency?

I think a little boy, and a mom drinking a bottle o vodka while driving and weaving across main streets is an emergency.

Ive come to the conclusion that if its not ticket/quota based, they don't care

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-28 09:31:40)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6709|Tampa Bay Florida
The OC sucks

and apparently no one calls it the OC in the OC
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command
I do.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6651|949

I've met a few nice ones and many assholes.  I had one OC sheriff tell me that I wasn't allowed to talk - what?  But of course I just followed whatever he said.

I am thinking, how often do the police get called late at night on weekends about drunk drivers?  Probably a lot
God Save the Queen
Banned
OC stands for Oreo Cookies
SealXo
+309|6555

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I've met a few nice ones and many assholes.  I had one OC sheriff tell me that I wasn't allowed to talk - what?  But of course I just followed whatever he said.

I am thinking, how often do the police get called late at night on weekends about drunk drivers?  Probably a lot
6pm.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5721|College Park, MD

God Save the Queen wrote:

el pollo loco is good food.
y'ever been to a place called Pollo Campero?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
God Save the Queen
Banned
chale, tamale
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6014|Truthistan

SealXo wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You would have been better off calling the regular police line and not 911. It wasn't really an emergency.
You should have called the local police line, given the description and license and said that if they had a patrol out to tell them to look out for her because you thought she would kill someone. Then the police might have gotten the message. I doubt that the 911 operator reported anything at all.

I once had car(s) speeding about 100 mph on my street, they were so fast I doubt they stopped for the stop signs. After the third pass by the house I called the local police line, ask them to keep an eye out or send patrol by. They asked for my name and address to check if it was a legitmate call and within 15 minutes I counted about 3 patrol cars, or perhaps the same patrol circling. about 30 minutes later they had someone pulled over, I think they actually caught the guy. I don't like snitching but I don't abide by a$$hole$ with cherry bombs racing a 100 mph at 2 am either, and it sounds like your escalade chick was a real a$$hole. But I wouldn't waste my time following her either.
not an emergency? Dont you always see the call 911, report drunk drivers signs on the freeway?
So i should wait until the little kids arm is 50 yards away from his body before its considered an emergency?

I think a little boy, and a mom drinking a bottle o vodka while driving and weaving across main streets is an emergency.

It wasn't an emergency, no one was hurt, there was no blood, there were no guns drawn, there was no shooting etc. Now if she got into an accident then you've got an emergency. But just because you got a wild hair in your a$$ over this doesn't make it an emergency. And stop chasing people and playing citizen-hero before you get someone killed.... Call the local police station make your report and leave it at that... its good advice and might even save your life. Plus you never know, that chick might of been a cop's wife or something and then whose gonna be saying "don't taze me bro!"
SealXo
+309|6555

Diesel_dyk wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

It wasn't an emergency, no one was hurt, there was no blood, there were no guns drawn, there was no shooting etc. Now if she got into an accident then you've got an emergency. But just because you got a wild hair in your a$$ over this doesn't make it an emergency. And stop chasing people and playing citizen-hero before you get someone killed.... Call the local police station make your report and leave it at that... its good advice and might even save your life. Plus you never know, that chick might of been a cop's wife or something and then whose gonna be saying "don't taze me bro!"
Thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

Wait until she hits your wife or girlfriend or mother, and your loved one is so unrecognizable you cant even identify her in the morgue. And you can know that someone could have called 911 and saved her life, but chose not to, because it wasn't an "emergency"

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-28 13:10:48)

God Save the Queen
Banned

Diesel_dyk wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

I halfway agree with seal.  Driving under the influence is against the law.  Also, seeing a crime being commited and not reporting it could get someone in trouble in most some cases.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-09-28 13:11:55)

zeidmaan
+234|6434|Vienna

Police in Vienna is great. If I start playing loud music they will be here before the song is over

Few days ago I was at one of those places where you put coins in a washing machine and wash you clothes. This woman came in with a 7-8 years old daughter, started the machines and went away somewhere. So the kid was left alone. After about 2 hours my clothes were washed and dried and I noticed the little girl is still alone and quite scared. I asked her if she knew where her mother is and she didnt. I asked if she knows a number of someone she can call, and she didnt.

So I call the police and they answer before it even rings. I explain the situation and give them the address and in about 2 minutes 2 guys show up. The get the girls name and date of birth and radio it to someone. Few minutes later that someone radios back with names and addresses of the mother, father, aunt, her teacher and her registered babysitter (registered to be allowed to pick her up from school). The policeman makes couple of calls and gets in touch with the aunt, and about 10 minutes later another patrol car brings the aunt there. The entire ordeal took less than 20 minutes.
The aunt didnt know what happened to the mother so they were going to go back to the aunts house to get a picture of the mother. I went home then so I dont know how it all ended.

So basically they were very efficient and friendly. And they worked very very fast.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6014|Truthistan

zeidmaan wrote:

Police in Vienna is great. If I start playing loud music they will be here before the song is over

Few days ago I was at one of those places where you put coins in a washing machine and wash you clothes. This woman came in with a 7-8 years old daughter, started the machines and went away somewhere. So the kid was left alone. After about 2 hours my clothes were washed and dried and I noticed the little girl is still alone and quite scared. I asked her if she knew where her mother is and she didnt. I asked if she knows a number of someone she can call, and she didnt.

So I call the police and they answer before it even rings. I explain the situation and give them the address and in about 2 minutes 2 guys show up. The get the girls name and date of birth and radio it to someone. Few minutes later that someone radios back with names and addresses of the mother, father, aunt, her teacher and her registered babysitter (registered to be allowed to pick her up from school). The policeman makes couple of calls and gets in touch with the aunt, and about 10 minutes later another patrol car brings the aunt there. The entire ordeal took less than 20 minutes.
The aunt didnt know what happened to the mother so they were going to go back to the aunts house to get a picture of the mother. I went home then so I dont know how it all ended.

So basically they were very efficient and friendly. And they worked very very fast.
Oh to dream that the cops here in the US were like that... there to serve and protect. Here the cops would have called child protective services taken the child away and started to think about charging the mother with a crime, instead of thinking that she might be in danger or had an accident or something. Instead we get bullies that like to taze and racial profile and eat el pollo loco. Oh to dream....... . . . . .
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6659|Your moms bedroom
Well, since you called and reported she may eventually get a visit from the police at her residence.  Here in Maine, just cause you dont get caught, doesnt mean you wont. I have heard of people recieving letters in the mail for reckless driving by other drivers calling them in.  My friend was almost busted for OUI for crashing his car into a fence and driving 200 yds down the road to his driveway (its true, hes an idiot). He woke up a few hours later with the po po knocking on his door, but somehow managed to get away with it.
God Save the Queen
Banned
how can someone get caught for drunk driving without a sobriety or blood test or breathalyzer or something?
SealXo
+309|6555

Locoloki wrote:

Well, since you called and reported she may eventually get a visit from the police at her residence.  Here in Maine, just cause you dont get caught, doesnt mean you wont. I have heard of people recieving letters in the mail for reckless driving by other drivers calling them in.  My friend was almost busted for OUI for crashing his car into a fence and driving 200 yds down the road to his driveway (its true, hes an idiot). He woke up a few hours later with the po po knocking on his door, but somehow managed to get away with it.
Shell be sober by then. No proof.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-28 13:58:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard