rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6675|England and damn proud
Recently after i put my pc on standby, it wouldn't come back on when i pushed a button, what would happen was everything would load up make all the right sounds but nothing on screen. Only way to fix that was to flick the power switch at the back and leave it for 10 secs then push power button and everything would load up, and fine.

Happened a few times but yesterday it would take several attempts to even make that "beep" once it did it was fine, ran well as usual, it's getting old now but never really had any probs with it.

Last night i turned off my pc, and this morning, similar probs, everything sounds good but no "beep", after about 5 hours of trying i gave up, i don't know what to do

AMD 4600+
2gb Corsair XMS
Asus...something or other  PN something i think =/
Nvidia 7800gtx

Please help, i have to go to work now, so all replies are welcome 'specially if helpful, Thankies =]

Will check back on here tomorrow (dads pc)
Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool
What, and how old is your power supply? (There should be a sticker on it with that info)
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5688|Adelaide, Australia
If its just a problem with standby then go into the control panel then power setting and turn off standby and hibernation modes
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Sounds very much like the PSU is dying/dead now. If you have a multimeter you could try to measure the voltages it puts out, if everything is correct. From a molex connector yellow wire is supposed to be 12V and red is supposed to be 5V. Then from a 20/24-pin connector that plugs into the motherboard an orange wire is supposed to be 3.3V.

If possible, take a picture of the sticker in the side of the PSU too, or tell the model if you know it.

I am, however, fairly positive you need a new PSU.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-09-28 04:34:36)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard