Which brings me to my next point:

Don't smoke crack
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Pug wrote:

Which brings me to my next point:

Don't smoke crack
In Soviet US of A the crack smokes you ...

Some people are making a lot of money on this situation and that should be fought with every mean available, like Kmarion mentioned further up the house flippers makes this even worse tricking the same customers twice and making them believe it's their best option ... this should be outlawed tbh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

one more thing.  remember the bail out loan clinton gave mexico?  yes mexico ATG.  well we made about 600mil on that i think.
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
greed. On everbody's part.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Pug wrote:

Secondly, after the loan is issued: if I've put no money down...I have something I shouldn't be able to afford anyway...what am I exactly risking?  Nothing.  So why do I have to maintain a relationship with the bank when there's no risk?
The only thing you are risking at that point is your credit score...your ability to get further credit down the road.

Purchasing something on credit with no money down isn't the issue. Purchasing something on credit with no money down that you know full well you won't be able to afford if interest rates increase is the issue.

People buying homes with ridiculous ARMs or buying ridiculously expensive homes on "interest only" loans (assuming equity would only increase) are the root of the problem...they put themselves in a situation where they knew they was a decent chance they might not be able to afford their mortgage. And the banks happily put them there because they knew once they sold that mortgage to Wall Street, it wasn't their problem any longer.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6355|England - Kent
How much debt are you guys in now? 3/4 trillon?

Its a good time to be chinese....
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

xRBLx wrote:

no, not really.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France
I thought of something else that's wonderful:

Buy a house on credit.  Can't pay the mortgage.  File chapter 11 bankruptcy.  Most state laws prevent you from losing your home if you file bankruptcy.

So I bought a house I couldn't afford anyway, and now you can't kick me out of it.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
The banks for poor client relations and for years of making mistakes in there favors.. It's finally caught up to them.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london

xRBLx wrote:

How much debt are you guys in now? 3/4 trillon?

considering that china's GDP is 30% export, Id say you need a lesson on globalization.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard