TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5870|Vancouver, BC, Canada
You can make them not send teh statements, but yeah, they can see what you buy.

I'm not100% sure, but if you create a joint account, you can come back teh next day and say you wanna unjoin it, it just needs a signature from everybody.
Brasso
+1,549|6783

TheDonkey wrote:

You can make them not send teh statements, but yeah, they can see what you buy.

I'm not100% sure, but if you create a joint account, you can come back teh next day and say you wanna unjoin it, it just needs a signature from everybody.
oh, that sounds good.  thanks.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6780|UK
Oh good, you can send me those promised donations then.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6793|Your moms bedroom

haffeysucks wrote:

but joint is pointless, as they can see what i buy and they get bank statements, no?
Not what you buy, where you buy
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6646|N. Ireland

TheDonkey wrote:

Add it to yer PayPal

Last edited by kylef (2008-09-24 13:35:10)

Kez
+778|5856|London, UK

liquidat0r wrote:

Oh good, you can send me those promised donations then.
stop begging
TheDonkey
But couple more footnotes about joint accts tho,

In a way, it's nice to have em joint, cuz it's easy to transfer monies over, only prob is that parents initiate teh transfer, so you have to get them to do it online.
And if you're ever in a pit for paying for something, ring em up, get em to transfer over $50

When you create an account, make sure you get a piece of paper and write down your TRANSIT, BRANCH, and ACCOUNT Numbers, you need those for Paypal and other online services.

Also, you can give those numbers to a friend and they can make deposits to your account if needed.

Also Also, when you buy with Paypal, it registers as "Paypal LTD" and not teh specific place you bought
Spoiler (highlight to read):
pr0n
crap.

Last edited by TheDonkey (2008-09-24 13:37:19)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6996|Reykjavík, Iceland.

TheDonkey wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Sydney wrote:

I've had debit since I was like 11....

Doesn't work with paypal though
really?  several of my friends use it for paypal and buying things online.

i want a debit card but around here they won't let you get one til you're 18.  although somehow a bunch of people have them.
It DOES Work with paypal, if it don't then how do I buy crap online...?

And I'm sure you can get one too, it just has to be joint with your parents.
If I assume I should put MasterCard as card type (I have a Maestro), but I have no fucking clue what my debit card number is...

AND there is no "card verification number" on the back of my card.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6793|Your moms bedroom

TheDonkey wrote:

In a way, it's nice to have em joint, cuz it's easy to transfer monies over, only prob is that parents initiate teh transfer, so you have to get them to do it online.
And if you're ever in a pit for paying for something, ring em up, get em to transfer over $50

When you create an account, make sure you get a piece of paper and write down your TRANSIT, BRANCH, and ACCOUNT Numbers, you need those for Paypal and other online services.

Also, you can give those numebrs to a friend and they can make deposits to your account if needed.
yes, if you want to halp move 1,000,000 out of nigeria for a small amount us doller
Brasso
+1,549|6783

TheDonkey wrote:

Also, you can give those numbers to a friend and they can make deposits to your account if needed.

Also Also, when you buy with Paypal, it registers as "Paypal LTD" and not teh specific place you bought
Spoiler (highlight to read):
pr0n
crap.
haha, not pron, but computer stuff.  4870 is what i have had in mind for the past half year...now i just need the money itself.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TheDonkey
That's what tehy all say

More notes

I suggest you deposit more money than you plan to spend beforehand,

It takes a week for each deposit to go through, so I usually toss $50 into my Paypal and Spend it on what I need, then I go to www.dealextreme.com and spend teh rest on random chinese junk that's totally awesome but cheap, and in every money donmination, free shipping too.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6802|Washington DC

Kptk92 wrote:

I got my Debit Card activated today, which means that my parents trust me to buy whatever I want :>

What should I buy to celebrate?
I'll probably be seeing you shortly in my office ... only about 30-40% can handle plastic responsibly.
Kez
+778|5856|London, UK

OrangeHound wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I got my Debit Card activated today, which means that my parents trust me to buy whatever I want :>

I'll probably be seeing you shortly in my office ... only about 30-40% can handle plastic responsibly.
Where do you work?
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Sydney wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

really?  several of my friends use it for paypal and buying things online.

i want a debit card but around here they won't let you get one til you're 18.  although somehow a bunch of people have them.

If I assume I should put MasterCard as card type (I have a Maestro), but I have no fucking clue what my debit card number is...

So, anyone know was ist los?

I'm assuming that you need an actual MasterCard debit as opposed to Maestro debit.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6802|Washington DC

Kptk92 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Where do you work?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p2311963
Kez
+778|5856|London, UK

Sydney wrote:

Sydney wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

I'm assuming that you need an actual MasterCard debit as opposed to Maestro debit.
Isn't a debit card a Solo?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5854|College Park, MD

Kptk92 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Where do you work?
A secret dungeon in the IRS where they 'fix' people who have debt issues...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Kptk92 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Isn't a debit card a Solo?
A whaaaat?

edit: Checking out my bank's website, the debit card I've had since I was 14 is some kind of noob-debit, only able to use it in ATMs and stores...

Gotta upgrade to a proper one. I wonder if I can get one under 18?

Last edited by Sydney (2008-09-24 13:59:05)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Sydney you might only have an ATM card. It lets you deposit and withdraw stuff from your bank accounts but that's it. You can't make purchases with it.

If it has no series of numbers on the front it's probably ATM.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6543

It sure sucks that I'm going to a shop tomorrow with 500 dollars in cash.
TheDonkey

some_random_panda wrote:

It sure sucks that I'm going to a shop tomorrow with 500 dollars in cash.
Note to slef, buy an aeroplane ticket to Aussieland and r8p yer wallet.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Sydney wrote:

I wonder if I can get one under 18?
In the US, yes. Shit in the US you can get a credit card under 18 if your parents co-sign (I coulda opened my checking account w/ debit card all by myself, but I brought mommy just in case).
Sydney
2λчиэλ
It's a debit all right, but fuck me, here's something I just read at my banks website about Debit Cards:

"A debit card is only usable with the reading of information from the magnetic strip in an electronic way. Therefore it is not allowed to give the card number or the pin number for payment without the electronic use. The card is therefore not usable for payment via phone or letters."

(Shitty translation by me from Icelandic)

But what about the internetz?
TheDonkey

Sydney wrote:

It's a debit all right, but fuck me, here's something I just read at my banks website about Debit Cards:

"A debit card is only usable with the reading of information from the magnetic strip in an electronic way. Therefore it is not allowed to give the card number or the pin number for payment without the electronic use. The card is therefore not usable for payment via phone or letters."

You go to your bank and ask for your ACCOUNT and BRANCH numbers, the debit card/number is only an Alias to that information.

Also ask for the TRANSIT number,

The Transit is your Bank code, each bank within a country has its own.
The Branch is where you made your account, regardless where you do yur banking, all information is sent and stored at that branch.
The Account is your specific account AT that branch.

kthxbai
Sydney
2λчиэλ

TheDonkey wrote:

Sydney wrote:

You go to your bank and ask for your ACCOUNT and BRANCH numbers, the debit card/number is only an Alias to that information.

Also ask for the TRANSIT number,

The Transit is your Bank code, each bank within a country has its own.
The Branch is where you made your account, regardless where you do yur banking, all information is sent and stored at that branch.
The Account is your specific account AT that branch.

kthxbai
I think I know those numbers.
Same numbers someone would put in (minus the transit number) to wire money to me?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard