Benzin
+576|5997

aerodynamic wrote:

Maybe....the older BMW M5?
A first-gen would be possible, but there's no way you'll find a second-gen E39 for $10k. No way in hell. Those still sell for at least $20k for one in good condition, more if it's even more pristine.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
Wow, still taht expensive?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California
E30!

you might have to wrench a bit

Miata (OMG THAT CARS FOR THE GAYS!... but its quicker through a turn then yours, dead nuts reliable, easy on gas, and convertible)

Honda Accord - its a honda, plus at least the older ones came with double wishbone on all 4 corners... no sports car, but they fun to drive for what they are.

The last gen MR2 spiders, another "gay car" that is light and will handle great... Convertibles may often be "gay" but sure kicks ass on a nice day. Pretty damn cheap now a days too.

C4 corvette - My not be quite as reliable as the others, but I doubt it would be broken daily if you found a nice one. Buy a gold chain, grow more chest hair and unbutton another button from the top of your shirt. Corvettes are likely to be maintained, and since Corvette owners don't want to be seen in last years model (and especially not two models ago!)  they depreciate quick. Buy the soundtrack to scar face.

If you can find a 97-98 S14 (240sx, 200sx, silvia, whatever its called near you) the 240 is a damn fun car to drive, though not too amazing stock.

Jeep rangler... Yeah, you said fuel efficient... running things over is more fun.

Older Honda Civic - despite the fact that a lot of owners use the aftermarket to make them terrible, they can be fast little cars... straight line or around corners. TONS of stuff available for them which also means cheap go fast parts, Just don't be stupid while shopping for them.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6737|The Hague, Netherlands

Ty wrote:

Audi A4 is my, (realistic,) dream car. As with you, that one's for later.

Personally I like the humble mass-manufactuered Jap imports; a Mitsi or a Toyota. You've got to shop around because there are a lot of shitty ones but if you find one that suits you, it's cheap, both with the initial cost and to run, plus they're pretty reliable, (in most cases.)
indeed

or A4 avant, A6 avant, new A3 (old one also ok), Audi A3 2011 model Audi A5, BMW M3, still my dreamer: BMW M6

I dunno anything about American prices used...but

some mid range Opel, VW, Honda Civic eurostyle american cars that they bring out here?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Benzin
+576|5997
I hadn't thought of the Vette ... good one there, Vic. But I think he wants something a bit more fuel efficient.

I still say getting the small convertible is the way to go, though.
VicktorVauhn

CapnNismo wrote:

I hadn't thought of the Vette ... good one there, Vic. But I think he wants something a bit more fuel efficient.

I still say getting the small convertible is the way to go, though.
yeah... but its a fucking corvette....You make compromises...

Really I would say miata. If you like driving they have awesome suspension, good fuel efficiency, damn close to 2000lbs which kicks ass...
Only problem is the huge stigma there is about the car... but if you need the car to prove your a man...

I've wanted one ever since I noticed that they were the fastest car at pretty much every autocross I've been to.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Corvettes are likely to be maintained
I wouldn't make that assumption.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6453|USA
Ferrari F50 ?
Sgt.Gene
+215|6763

CapnNismo wrote:

Sgt. Gene has a thing for unreliable DSM cars ... bad idea.
Im a risk taker what can i say lol.

But seriously, had my eclipse for 7 months now and never had a problem with it. Im boosted on stock internals pushing the limits of my stock pistons. Been running boost for 4 months, nothing has gone on it yet. The only beef with it is, the ridiculous turning radius, sometimes I feel like im driving a fucking bus. I do pretty well in autocross though, only ran over 3 cones in the 8 times I have been to the track
VicktorVauhn

Reciprocity wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Corvettes are likely to be maintained
I wouldn't make that assumption.
well more so then a neon or whatever... The older ones are likely to get more ragged, but people who get a corvette are more likely to be enthusiastic about their car and want to keep care of it. Its not as much a I got this random thing to take me to work and I don't wanna spend any money on it as many of the other cars listed.

Obviously some examples will be abused, but overall I stand by what I said.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Victor is right about the miata ...  Just get one in black

... as opposed to chris katan orange.
Benzin
+576|5997
That may be, Gene, but many DSM owners have said that and then their engine pops. Sorry, but I don't trust those. They couldn't even get the Evo 8 to run right without the clutches exploding.

I say Miata is your best bet. A 1st or 2nd gen will be my next car.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6736

I'd suggest going with either the VW Golf IV/V, an Audi A3/A4 or a BMW 3 Series.
BlackKoala
+215|6324

CapnNismo wrote:

That may be, Gene, but many DSM owners have said that and then their engine pops. Sorry, but I don't trust those. They couldn't even get the Evo 8 to run right without the clutches exploding.

I say Miata is your best bet. A 1st or 2nd gen will be my next car.
I wouldn't even look at ANY DSM's when I was car shopping.  Those excuses for engines are terrible, TYVM.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|NÃ¥rvei

If you enjoy having your car in the work shop every so often inbetween services buy a VW or Audi ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Benzin
+576|5997
Yea, the older VWs aren't that great ... This new gen of cars is supposed to be much better, though. But I'll wait and see before hopping on the bandwagon.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6719|Scotland

CapnNismo wrote:

But I'll wait and see before hopping on the bandwagon.
https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=54

do it.

(granted that's the R32, sexy nonetheless)
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

afaik, Miata = MX-5?

I hate that car.

But yeah, I don't like Audis either.

I'd reccomend:
VW Golf GTi
Honda MK2
Mazda RX-7 or 8
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France
Get a harley or an indian.  Or a crotch rocket if you're not interested in girls
VicktorVauhn

Jenspm wrote:

afaik, Miata = MX-5?
Yup.

Jenspm wrote:

I hate that car.
Why? style wise, not the most amazing... But damn good for driving.
Benzin
+576|5997
He's obviously never been inside, much less behind the wheel of, a properly spec'd Miata. Those things are the cheapest cars to get to go fast and turn on a dime. Jackson Racing supercharger plus a good set of shocks/springs and sway bars and you've got a real road monster. Not the fastest, but it'll sure as hell put a smile on your face.

He won't get a rotary powered car, because he wants 20+ mpg and a car that won't be breaking all the time. The new RENESIS isn't bad, but there is no way he'll ever get a good one for $10k or less. Keep that thinking cap on.
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
Audi A3 in Black, looks pretty sexy - my Dad has one so I can gawp at it
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

dark blue peugeot 106 is what you want
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

afaik, Miata = MX-5?
Yup.

Jenspm wrote:

I hate that car.
Why? style wise, not the most amazing... But damn good for driving.
I hate the look of it.

And if you're getting a Mazda, why not get an RX?

And no, I haven't seen the insides or driven one.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard