Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng
Clean out your BF2 caches using badhq's tools?

Or put all graphics down to low turn shadows and aa off. Play with that for a bit, then put back to what it was.
#rekt
Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5719

TopHat01 wrote:

Monkey_Business wrote:

I believe that I have experienced this problem too. I have a computer with lesser, but similiar performance to yours. I have a DSL connection too. Sometimes during gameplay the screen suddenly freezes, sometimes for as long as five seconds, and then it unfreezes and I can continue playing again. It happens about 50 times per game. I can't count how many times it has caused me to die or crash while in a plane/helicopter. It's really annoying. Should I try calling EA's tech support line? My ping is usually around 30-60, so I don't think lag is an issue. Could it be a hardware issue? I am running on the following specs.

* Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
* 1024 MB RAM
* ATI Radeon X-800 PRO 256 MB
* Soundblaster Audigy 2
* Windows XP Professional
* 160 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Are you on wireless?  When I use to play on my lappy (w/ wireless) I'd get terrible lag spikes, I couldn't fly a jet without connection errors.  Ever since I've played w/ direct plug-in, I barely ever get these issues.
I am hard-lined.
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

PB is updated.
I get similar stutters with SinglePlayer too. (No PB there.)
I'm on wired internets.
I've reformatted, and I've tried deleting my cache.
I've tried playing on all Low. Lag is still there.
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

https://i38.tinypic.com/2eds9wn.jpg

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK

Lag is now unbearable, having a hard time playing.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

alexbay13 wrote:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2eds9wn.jpg

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK

What diver version do you run the 7600GT with?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK

7600s have a short life span.

your card is on its way out.

Get a new card.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Airwolf wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK

7600s have a short life span.
Where did you hear that from? I have seen quite the opposite...
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

I'm using 169.21. The new ones give me trouble with BF2. (Caused BSOD sometimes when I'd disconnect from servers.)
I got my 7600GT just about a year ago.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

alexbay13 wrote:

I'm using 169.21. The new ones give me trouble with BF2. (Caused BSOD sometimes when I'd disconnect from servers.)
I got my 7600GT just about a year ago.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html ?
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

I was using that after reformat, was still lagging, so I tried the 169 ones. still gives me the same thing. (Used DriverCleaner to uninstall.)
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

Disabled Page File, made it a lot better... I'll keep testing.
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

RMA'd RAM, still persists. RMA 7600GT?
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

My computer now locks up with looping sound within 5 minutes of playing a game. (Occurs about 25% of the time.)

If I were to build a new computer, can someone help me build a budget build?

Last edited by alexbay13 (2008-09-09 17:32:58)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
Check your HDD for errors.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Wallpaper
+303|5963|The pool

alexbay13 wrote:

My computer now locks up with looping sound within 5 minutes of playing a game. (Occurs about 25% of the time.)

I made a budget rig a month and a half ago...

Total: $240

AMD x2 5200+ (2.7GHz) + ECS cheap-o mobo: $90 from a Fry's combo deal
2 GB Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400: $20 with MIR at Fry's
160 GB WD 7200 RPM 3 GB/s I think: $50
XFX 8600 GTS 256 MB: $50 on eBay including shipping (recently replaced with a PNY 8800 GT 512 MB for $120 on Newegg)
Anteq Basiq 500W: $30 at Fry's
Old DVD drive
Old case
Old monitor
Old XP disc
.Sup
be nice

Wallpaper wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

XFX 8600 GTS 256 MB: $50 on eBay including shipping (recently replaced with a PNY 8800 GT 512 MB for $120 on Newegg)
Old DVD drive
Old case
Old monitor
Old XP disc
People still don't get it. AMD CPU is fail and its gonna be fail for at least another year. C2D is the way to go unless you're an AMD fan. Then buy a Phenom now and do wrists later when a cheaper C2D rapes it in tests.
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine

.Sup wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

Old DVD drive
Old case
Old monitor
Old XP disc
People still don't get it. AMD CPU is fail and its gonna be fail for at least another year. C2D is the way to go unless you're an AMD fan. Then buy a Phenom now and do wrists later when a cheaper C2D rapes it in tests.
For cheap budget builds, it really doesn't matter if you have an AMD or Intel. They will be about equal. You may not be able to overclock by 40% or get e-penis extending benchmark scores, but it will play games just fine.

I do agree to get a Phenom though, they're pretty cheap now. Just make sure to get an AM2+ board because they aren't supported on AM2 socket.

EDIT: And since he has Dell, I don't think reusing the case is an option.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-09-10 07:19:07)

.Sup
be nice

CrazeD wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Old DVD drive
Old case
Old monitor
Old XP disc
For cheap budget builds, it really doesn't matter if you have an AMD or Intel. They will be about equal. You may not be able to overclock by 40% or get e-penis extending benchmark scores, but it will play games just fine.

I do agree to get a Phenom though, they're pretty cheap now. Just make sure to get an AM2+ board because they aren't supported on AM2 socket.

I presume you have an AMD.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

.Sup wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Sup, you'll barely get an Intel CPU running at 2.3-2.5GHz for $90, let alone a mobo with it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Sup, you'll barely get an Intel CPU running at 2.3-2.5GHz for $90, let alone a mobo with it.
OC is the answer + Intel at 2.3> amd at 2.5
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

OC is the answer + Intel at 2.3> amd at 2.5
Intel is about 20% faster per clock than AMD. Still, going with lower end things, it's very hard to find any Intel system for $90.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

RMA'ing 7600GT, needs to now be shipped to me... (Cross Shipping.)
alexb
<3
+590|5909|Kentucky, USA

The replacement is an 8600GT, yet I still get the strange "lag". Me and my buddy are out of ideas... Anyone? Please?
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6641

alexbay13 wrote:

The replacement is an 8600GT, yet I still get the strange "lag". Me and my buddy are out of ideas... Anyone? Please?
Start pulling hardware.

Pull out your sound card, test, a stick of ram, test etc.  Sooner or later your will get it.

If you have a fresh format, it is hardware related (Assuming all your drivers are correct).

May want to mess around with BIOS as well.  Not to sure what you can do in a dell mobo's BIOS.  Try changing up the AGP/PCI-E Aperture size.

I think we know it IS hardware,  however it is hardware that just doesn't like BF2 (If all other games / aps run just fine).

I am also assuming you did a search on google.  "Dell XPS 400 battliefield 2"

Keep us up to date.
Wallpaper
+303|5963|The pool

.Sup wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

Old DVD drive
Old case
Old monitor
Old XP disc
I had to pull quarters out of my ass to get the rig together in the first place. I knew/know that AMD isnt that great, but a comparable Intel+mobo was $120, and the mobo it came with was total shit; the store had almost 3/4 of them returned because they were defective. I like AMD because they are cheap and they get the job done most of the time. The only thing that it doesnt seem to do well with is video capture in games, which I can live without.

To Alex: You installed the drivers ONLY right? Meaning, not any other things like nTune or any monitoring programs? Also check the BIOS for anything that might cause periodic checks (no idea if there would be anything in there, but it couldnt hurt to look.). Though, before you go disable something, post it here

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard