prototype
+52|6281
I just got back online after being deployed for 6 months.

It looks like Nvidia came out with new drivers for my 8800GT and chipset drivers for my nForce mobo.

In what order should I uninstall the old ones and reinstall the new ones?

uninstall old graphics
reboot
reinstall new graphics
reboot

then

uninstall old chipset
reboot
reinstall new chipset
reboot

Please let me know if that is the correct order
Thank you for any replies
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6641
Either or will be fine.  The "Best" way to do it:

Uninstall
Reboot into safe mode
Use a driver cleaner to get a clean install
reboot
install new driver

Vista users:
Uninstall
Reboot into safe mode
Use a driver cleaner to get a clean install
reboot (Safe mode again so vista does not install there drivers)
install new driver
prototype
+52|6281
what driver cleaner is best?
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6641

prototype wrote:

They are all the same really, the free ones are the best, because they are free :-)

Personally I use drivercleaner.net
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Stealth42o wrote:

prototype wrote:

They are all the same really, the free ones are the best, because they are free :-)

Personally I use drivercleaner.net
Driver cleaner pro works good too. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)
And the quick and dirty way is - just do it.

The order shouldn't matter, and, however you do it, it should always produce the same result (a working system).

But then driver cleaner software exists for a reason...
prototype
+52|6281
Thank you for all the replies,

The only problem I always seem to have with Nvidia drivers and Nforce mobo drivers is there are so many choices within the installer.

Anyone who has an Nvidia card or an nForce board knows what I mean, I never can tell if I need one of the extras or not and I am sure I always do the opposite of what I did last time.

What are the essential components I need or should I just check all of them ?

Thanx again for any replies.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

prototype wrote:

Thank you for all the replies,

The only problem I always seem to have with Nvidia drivers and Nforce mobo drivers is there are so many choices within the installer.

Anyone who has an Nvidia card or an nForce board knows what I mean, I never can tell if I need one of the extras or not and I am sure I always do the opposite of what I did last time.

What are the essential components I need or should I just check all of them ?

Thanx again for any replies.
Ah yes... Unfortunately the only real way to be sure is to do loads of re-installs of everything trying different combinations - that or find someone with exactly the same hardware and software as you and ask them what they use...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-09-20 12:41:51)

prototype
+52|6281
yeah you know what I mean then.

I am pretty sure I know what I need and dont need but I always end up stressing over it.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

prototype wrote:

yeah you know what I mean then.

I am pretty sure I know what I need and dont need but I always end up stressing over it.
The way I do it with a new build is to install everything first off. If you get issues, then the nature of the issue may give a clue as to which option is causing it, if not, then do a complete wipe and re-install, only this time don't install the thing you're least sure about - if you still get problems, wipe and re-install, this time missing out something different (but do install the previous thing you didn't install) - work through them one at a time - usually it's just one component that is the problem, but sometimes somethings may get better but others - in that case, you need to start trying combinations of missing out the things where it seemed to help not installing them... and so on, until you find the right combination - tedious, sure, but it gets your system performing the best it can - and once you know what to/not to install - WRITE IT DOWN and put it somewhere safe and memorable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard