senor_fulff
+25|6767|Yorkshire, UK.
Guys,

Not sure if you're aware but the server-side settings for punkbuster now have 3 settings... 0, 1 & 2.

0 = PB & MBL streaming off (for non-ranked)
1 = PB & MBL streaming on
2 = PB & MBL streaming on (includes for Macro usage)

This means macros can now get you BANNED from a server IF it has the Punkbuster setting set to 2.

Good News!
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6532|dunno

senor_fulff wrote:

Guys,

Not sure if you're aware but the server-side settings for punkbuster now have 3 settings... 0, 1 & 2.

This means macros can now get you BANNED from a server IF it has the Punkbuster setting set to 2.

Good News!
FAIL
Hakei
Banned
+295|6002
JoyToKey is not restricted by setting 2.
DupaUnit
+18|5999
I'm pretty sure it's just a kick, NOT a ban
senor_fulff
+25|6767|Yorkshire, UK.

DupaUnit wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's just a kick, NOT a ban
No it's a PB MBL ban... ie, CD Key ban. just the same as hacking/aimbot etc...

And i believe joy2key will be ok
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6376

senor_fulff wrote:

Guys,

Good News!
Hi,

where is your source?
because i dont believe it because AHK is still allowed.

Bye,
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5724|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'd love to use this new "feature"

But Punkbuster is a homosexual POS cuz it refuses to update itself and any attempt to do it manually has failed.
allfive6
+18|6711|Victoria BC or Karkand
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5724|Vancouver, BC, Canada

allfive6 wrote:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf2.php
Read it, tried it, still no worky.

When I connect to the server, it tells me "Server Punkbuster version is old(C1.100), Please contact the administrator to update"

Then about a minute later it kicks me.

I've tried a billion and one guides, and I'm planning on just reinstalling PB in a few days.
DaMaster
+7|5833|USA, WV
Monday 08.18.2008 [6:00PM]

Version 1.683 of the PB Server for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Server v1.683:

* the setting pb_sv_restrictions will now accept a value of 2 for cases where a server admin wants PunkBuster to be more restrictive with regard to certain macro or hot key type programs; pb_sv_restrictions will continue to default to the value of 1; admins who want to enforce the additional restrictions must configure "pb_sv_restrictions 2" either at the command line or in the pbsvuser.cfg configuration file in the server's pb folder
Don't see the word Ban anywhere. Also, i don't see why this is a good thing. I my self don't use macros, but i still think this is stupid. Why dose it matter if people have a macro for TV Missiles or Dolphin diving, its something that anyone can find out how to do.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

DaMaster wrote:

Also, i don't see why this is a good thing. I my self don't use macros, but i still think this is stupid. Why dose it matter if people have a macro for TV Missiles or Dolphin diving, its something that anyone can find out how to do.
Ehrm, what?
Everyone can also find out how to purchase hacks and use them.
Your argument fails.

Macros give the player an inhuman advantage, thus should be classified the same as hacks.
That's my opinion at least.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6452|Wales
So does my enemy spotted bind to the middle mouse button count as a macro or what son?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

globefish23 wrote:

DaMaster wrote:

Also, i don't see why this is a good thing. I my self don't use macros, but i still think this is stupid. Why dose it matter if people have a macro for TV Missiles or Dolphin diving, its something that anyone can find out how to do.
Ehrm, what?
Everyone can also find out how to purchase hacks and use them.
Your argument fails.

Macros give the player an inhuman advantage, thus should be classified the same as hacks.
That's my opinion at least.
Macros don't matter. BF2 won't respond if you for instance click too fast. They're only for convenience, if anything.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6166|Dublin
Macros are for fat americans with chubby fingers who can't press buttens fast nuff tbh
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6660|pimelteror.de

senor_fulff wrote:

Guys,

Good News!
fail

streaming needs a little bit more commands, than just a 1.
senor_fulff
+25|6767|Yorkshire, UK.

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

senor_fulff wrote:

Guys,

Good News!
fail

streaming needs a little bit more commands, than just a 1.
well put it this way ... i thought i'd sum it up briefly so ALL could understand...
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6660|pimelteror.de
and still the restrictions won´t get you banned

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard