big_usa_rone
+0|6765|Gainesville, Florida
I have realized that BF2 is really just a upgraded version of the BF1 mod desert combat.  This is actually quite awesome since that mod kicked ass.   But I do miss the SCUD launcher I wish that was still around. Oh-well life sucks sometimes.   I dont play DC anymore just because there are not many good servers and I lost my BF1 disk anyways.(also spend a lot of time playing bf2)  Did anyone ever play on the  ----Suck.us----- server for DC it was a cracked server, but it always had fun players around..   Holla
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6865|-
BF2 is NOT an upgraded version of DC. It's modern combat-ish, but there are so many differences, not to mention the ranking system and several different vehicles.
-DS-Carbon
+0|6779|New Hampshire
I am pretty sure that the DC guys worked on making bf2.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6865|-

-DS-Carbon wrote:

Trauma Studios, the guys who made DC, became DICE New York. DICE Sweden still made BF2. Not sure if Trauma Studios had a hand in BF2 though.
kranky
+1|6811|uk
i played dc and gc for bf194 and loved them both i hope they bring a galactic conqest out for bf2
Rakasan
+7|6854|California, USA
I played DCF, used to be high ranked in bftracks.com.  I miss LV.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
vehicle wise, DC is more correct than bf2
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6831
Played DC from .02 to Final.. got boring.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6773|NH - USA
I went from BF42 to Forgotten Hope, to the DC mod - loved it....it made the game more interesting and fun.

When I first made the switch from DC to BF2 I didnt care for the intensity of BF2 - its "go, go, go!" in comparison. (Combined with learning the new keys, etc it seemed overwhelming at first) The UAV and SCAN feature of the commanders really changed the dynamics of the game, IMO.

Flying helicopters is MUCH easier in BF2 - Im glad that was improved. I would like to check out DC again to see how I would do... I miss it sometimes.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6799|Texas
Oh man,  I missed the devastation you could bring about with the Apache in DC.  These heli's rockets in bf2 suck big time for infantry kills.
Tyroptic
+0|6844|chch
DC did and still does, rock.
BladeRunner
+5|6766|UK
DC definately. Although, I did like trying to hit anything using those little bullet-shaped jets in Secret Weapons.

Take off....Whooosh....enemy...errrr...turn...fly off map in 0.2 seconds....Boom...Dead
pasngr
+50|6663
Are there any servers still running Desert Combat?
A=10
+-2|6804|U.K DURHAM
Desert combat ah i miss that game so much i say bring back the old arty do away with n00b commander i just hope desert conflict will bring it all back. i dont think it will like but lets hope yes still servers with desert combat.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6769

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

-DS-Carbon wrote:

Trauma Studios, the guys who made DC, became DICE New York. DICE Sweden still made BF2. Not sure if Trauma Studios had a hand in BF2 though.
me think they skinned the wheelbarrow
HA
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6752|cairns australia
http://www.desert-conflict.org/
if this is anything like dc i will be happy:D
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6745
i love DC(H) can't wait for it(H)
sheggalism
+16|6760|France
DC : more vehicules than BF2, uncontrolable helos, slower aircrafts but more diversified (F-117 and AH-130U), laser-accurate weapons (M249 and PKM used to pawn much more than in BF2, same for shotguns), uber special weapons (MP5, Skorpion, M82A1 and VSS), huge tanks battles, but no real teamplay (except on CTF mod), just a large scale slaughter.
Very Fun, you never worry about a crappy k/d ratio and only kills and flags capture earn points (healing and repairing are just for help not points) cause I still play it, particulary when I download cuz my computer can handle it without lag.
Torin
+52|6710
I miss the DC helos. Ahh, back in the day when not any noob could fly a heli.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6853|Deutschland/Germany
DC air to air combat was much better i think. You didnt have those heatseaking crap missiles you actually had to aim + the enemy didnt get lock on notifications so you could kill them silently. The infantry stinger missiles and controlable ground to air missiles rocked...........
Longbow
+163|6664|Odessa, Ukraine
Torin
Yep , DC Helo control system rocks .
Torin
+52|6710
Yes, DC AA was much superior. BF2 is some nooby crap, with all this heatseeking, fire and forget nonsense. You could 1-shot any fighter jets with a well placed stinger, and dog-fighting was actually about skill.

Helos just didn't fly themselves either, you had to finesse them, and you definitely needed a joystick to fly well. But, you were rewarded with the damage you could do in an Apache or one of those Iraqi mini-helis with the dual cannons... god those things owned. I have many fond memories of owning jets in those mini-helis, and owning jets in DCF with the apache. Ahhh, good times.

Scud/MLRS wars were a lot of fun too when you went against another good gunner.

Technologically speaking, BF2 is a superior game, but for what it was, DC was a lot more fun. I wish they would incorporate some of the stuff from DC into BF2, especially the AA.
comfort
+1|6778

Torin wrote:

Technologically speaking, BF2 is a superior game, but for what it was, DC was a lot more fun. I wish they would incorporate some of the stuff from DC into BF2, especially the AA.
Exactly what I've been preaching!  I've always hated the concept of heat lock in this game.  Whatever happened to actually aiming your missiles?

God I miss CTF too.  Nothing better than a pefectly timed swoop-n-scoop with the F14. 
Torin
+52|6710
I miss the Frogfoot too. Nothing like blowing yourself up by being over-anxious to drop your bombs. Taking out fighter jets with a second of well aimed, concentrated cannon fire from the Frogfoot was also a good feeling, and knowing, that bombs or not, that Abrams in your line of sight is going bye-bye.

And the rounds of No Fly Zone where you just kept killing and killing and killing, and people eventually just stopped flying for fear of more deaths. Sneaking up on an enemy plane and ripping them out of the sky with the Mirage dual-cannons was fun too. No more of that sneaking around in BF2.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6739|Kirkland, WA
I used to play DC all the time with my coworkers after hours at the office. Personally I like the vehicle and air power balance in DC better than BF2, but I think BF2 definitely made significant improvements for the infantry aspects of the game. I also liked the fact that it took quite a bit of skill to fly a helicopter so not just anyone could learn to fly one in less than 2 attempts. The personnel stingers were also nice. I would love to see BF2 adopt more of the vehicle balance approaches employed in Desert Combat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard