SlickWRX
+6|6743
I find it somewhat interesting that the rebel's victory song is the only (as far as I know) one that contains lyrics.  Anyone know what language this is in or what they are saying?  I wonder if its some sort of easter egg.  Since they technically don't represent any particular nation they could be saying anything and EA wouldn't have to worry about offending anyone.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6845|Germany / Saxony
Sry, I donĀ“t know what they are saying, but I like this song very much...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6653
maybe russian because they are from kazakhstan or so...^^
Janysc
+59|6683|Norway
It's obviously Russian, IMO. To the best of my knowledge, the Rebels talk Russian in-game, so it would make very much sense if they sang in Russian too.

Let's ask some Russians next time we play .
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

someone rip it
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6659|SoCal
As far as I can tell, the song lyrics are....

Give me vodka
Give me vodka
Drink it down
Drink it down
Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up
You don't look so good
Under the table
Under the table
You don't look good so
Drink more vodka
Drink more vodka
Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up....

Well, my Russian is a *little* rusty. 
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal
did you make that up?
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6659
Its easy you guys.  Best song ever.

"Heya heya BANG BANG"
"Heya heya BANG BANG"
Chowley
+1|6686|Ireland
I love the rebel music, very jolly or something actually makes me laugh . Win and loss.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6649|South Korea.
We fight for what we belive, and we belive in what we fight for.

That's it.
bigelectricat
+3|6692

Yeticus Rex wrote:

As far as I can tell, the song lyrics are....

Give me vodka
Give me vodka
Drink it down
Drink it down
Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up
You don't look so good
Under the table
Under the table
You don't look good so
Drink more vodka
Drink more vodka
Get up, Get up
Get up, Get up....

Well, my Russian is a *little* rusty. 
that sounds about right.
Foxbat89
+0|6628
yeah, its def russian considering the rebels are supposed to represent the chechens and ingush in the caucasus.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6632|Germany
I love the Rebels sometimes I say in real Life (know that?) things like:"Artilerya bataguicy or sth. and it is the best song in the game.
Adam5286
+0|6676|CapeCod, MA USA
all i know is i miss the songs from vietnam and even the songs from 1942    the original battlefield song kicks ass
rhodri_d
+-2|6665
lol am i the only one that hates the rebels victory song... the only way i could put is that it gets on my tits.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6659|SoCal

Pernicious544 wrote:

did you make that up?
Uhhh.....I plead the 5th...

As for that map, if you were the Russians and lost, it would be cool to have that sad losers song with the rocket actually launching at the end.....

We failed miserably
Tell your sons
Tell your daughters
Hide in the caves
Eat the rats
Drink the waters

I wish you good luck
For the rest of your life
Because tomorrow is gonna suck
Getting by with only a knife,
An empty '74 Ford Pickup Truck
and reruns of Barney Fife

I see 10,000 tomorrows in your future...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
It is Russian, (my favorite forieng language). I find my self yelling in my head "Spaciba!" and "Estranilea!"
which mean "thank you" and I don; tknow what the second one means, but it is said when u die and call for a medic.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6675|Moscow, Russia
Okay, expert coming. That song is not in Russian, it's in one of caucasian languages. You guys may like Russian in SF, but native speakers don't, as voices are too gay and contain too much accent and shit. Especially the commander - he sounds like a drunk oldfart. Ask me for some Russian lessons though ;-)

Last edited by Wasder (2006-03-09 12:58:35)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752

Wasder wrote:

Okay, expert coming. That song is not in Russian, it's in one of caucasian languages. You guys may like Russian in SF, but native speakers don't, as voices are too gay and contain too much accent and shit. Especially the commander - he sounds like a drunk oldfart. Ask me for some Russian lessons though ;-)
Yeah, Russian voices sounds annoying. Especially woman's voice. Awww. Btw In this rebels song I recognize  Russian words: ("Pei do dna", "Pei do dna" - about drinking lol, and at the end: "Mi viigrali" - We have victory). Other parts, especially beginning are hardly understandable. <--- prob. caucasian language, but not sure why they mixed it here.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-03-09 13:12:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Wasder wrote:

And some of the USMC stuff doesn't sound gay?

"Where ya goin, tholdier?"
PunkX
stoned
+198|6624|Canada
"Enemy Boat Spotted"
Stags
+26|6656
lol

I like the victory song because it's the orginal theme song.

I think all the voice are stereotyped big time.  Then again, I really don't care as long as I know what they're saying.
jnick
+22|6782
Exactly. There victory song is pure ownage as it's the bf2 theme song, remixed I suppose.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6627|The Netherlands
but it are the russian rebels

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard