herrr_smity
+156|6635|space command ur anus
its the loss of GPS that worries me . that wold make it more difficult
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760

whittsend wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

^^ Yes, EU will lose money, alot of money. I agree. But we won't get any resources.
What resources do we get from Europe?  Europe has hardly any natural resources we can't get at home or elsewhere.
Sure EU has hardly resources, but Russia has enough of them.  Well it's still hard to say who will win because we don't know how China and Japan(our trade partners) will act in these "war" conditions.
l2esistance
+0|6633
War between Europe and the USA in this day in age couldn't possibly exist.

a) nuclear warfare

b) there are too many treaties

c) there are no armies large enough to control the populations of the US or Europe entirely. There could not be a winner, just an endless struggle for control eventually resulting in the invaders pulling out and some stuff getting burned.

d) no way all of Europe will be compleatly united, honestly, having the French on your side is a death wish
herrr_smity
you and you dissing of the France remember Britain's was also in France and it didn't get any better due to that
chitlin
Banned
+36|6770
there is NO part of russia in europe ...........

it is a fucking SEPERATE CONTINENT i said russia is part of asia and europe and asia are considered seperate continents... get your facts stright before posting... or post ignorance maybe id prefer correcting you?

russia is part of fucking asia and the parts that are former soviet states are now part of europe ill list them for you

* Baltic states: Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.

* The Eastern European states of Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova.

* The Transcaucasus: Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.
herrr_smity

imortal wrote:

sheggalism wrote:

But American Firearms really really suck compared to European. Heckler und Koch, FN Herstal, Sig, Steyr, they make the best overall guns in the world.
ummm.... H&K is owned by a Canadian company.  but you also forgot FN.
you forget that many european countries use h&k weapons and they have factory i Germany do you really think it will close down under a war outbreak
Dec45
+12|6648
Europe could never even hope to contend us on U.S soil. Hardly any countries have overseas capability, in the first place. Certainly nothing close to ours.

Our GDP is higher
We have more active serviceman
We have much more land vehicles
We have much more aircraft
We have much more seacraft
There are no language or currency barriers
Our troop mobility and emphasis on next-gen air superiority is uncontested
Our military budget is insanely higher
Dec45
+12|6648

herrr_smity wrote:

imortal wrote:

sheggalism wrote:

But American Firearms really really suck compared to European. Heckler und Koch, FN Herstal, Sig, Steyr, they make the best overall guns in the world.
you forget that many european countries use h&k weapons and they have factory i Germany do you really think it will close down under a war outbreak
Small arms fire is miniscule in winning on today's battleground. Besides, gun manufacterers have subsidiaries in America as well. They're out for contracts, they are not bound to the land their base of operations is established in. People who hold stock in those countries don't have to be from or for those countries.
Dec45
+12|6648

chitlin wrote:

it is a fucking SEPERATE CONTINENT i said russia is part of asia and europe and asia are considered seperate continents... get your facts stright before posting... or post ignorance maybe id prefer correcting you?

russia is part of fucking asia and the parts that are former soviet states are now part of europe ill list them for you

^ This be true
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6722|US
Chitlin is right, but Russia is trying to integrate into the european community to some extent.  They did join NATO, did they not?  While Russia has the military capacity to wage a war, I do not think that they have the economy to support it.

If someone has better information let me know.
imortal
+240|6672|Austin, TX

herrr_smity wrote:

imortal wrote:

sheggalism wrote:

Oh, I remembered.  H & K was founded in Germany, but they sold the company several times.  The auto companies are the same way.  Hey, we even have a H&K factory here in the U.S.

I am very fond of H&K weapons.
imortal
+240|6672|Austin, TX

Dec45 wrote:

chitlin wrote:

^ This be true
ummm... actually, There IS a part of Russia in Europe.  It is a country that spans two continents.  I believe the Ural Mountains are the borderline between Europe and Asia.  The area is referred to as Eurasia.  Much more of Russia IS located in Asia, it is true.  But not all of it.

India is an example of a sub-continent.  Not Russia.
sheff1597
+5|6633
ok heres the answer to all this America V. Europe

nuclear weapons would end any war, and for that matter the whole world. if lets say Iran launced a nuke at isreal (this is a real possibility if the european countries dont stop giving carrots and start giving sticks like the good ol'US of A) the US and our combined 2000+ Nukes would obliterate iran into a glass bowl...final thats what would happen. this would then open pandoras box and evenutaly lead to total world distrustion.

now if there was a strictly conventional war between the US and the entire world (minus isreal because they're on our side) the US would win, i dont care if you have all of europe, china, russia, and every other military power. heres why.
1. the US has these 12 things called Aircraft Carriers. im not sure some of you understand what they are. they carry 80+ combat and support aricraft that have hundreds of miles of range. a carrier has the capability to strike almost anywhere in the world.
2. stealth bombers, sorry world but you just cant see these, you'll be blown to bits anywhere any time. they are stationed in kansas i think, in the middle of the US, and via mid air refueling, they can strike any where in the world with something like 20 precision weapons, which can be nukes.
3. Navy, no large scale land assault force can be landed on US soil by amphibious methods. no other country has the ability to really do it on a large scale., unless russia and every other country goes through alaska, then all of canada, then reach the US (by which time they would have been totally destroyed by bombing.
4. even if somehow a large military were to land on US soil, this would be the end of it here. bombing, and US forces in the US (we're good at fighiting urban after somolia, serbia, and iraq) and last but certainly not least, US civilians. i know if it were me, and there were soldies marching in the US, i and every other moral US citizen would take up arms and form militia to defend our homes and country, its in our constisution for god sake, our rights tell us we can arm ourselves and form militia to defend ourselves. no standing army can fight a urban war against 340 million people
5. oh i almost forgot. since no one else has carriers, an invading army couldnt have air superiority over America. the only way would be if hawaii was captured, then bombing could be done on the coast, but not for very long. or if air fields were captured in canada, but those would be destroyed so your still fucked on that one too.
6. last, who owns all major media and huge amount of the internation comercial infstructure? the US. think of everything in your life that is related to the US in any way, and say good bye to that if we went to war, the world would surrender to the US very quickly. o and what would the middle east do without our money for their oil? (and yeah the US has enough reserves to last about 2 years with no imports, add that to the rationing that would start) the would be sent back into the stone age, what woule china and asia do with out all the money they make from exports to the US, thats trillions of dollars a year. and when they send, well every thing to the US on cargo ships, we then in turn fill them up with raw materials and resources and send them back, asia would be broke without the US. i could go on and on, but let me summarize.

the world has no real way to take the US militaralily. if they cut off the US, the world economy would crumbe and it would be a Y2K like situation, yes with power loss and starving people. and if Nukes were used, well then the planet would be destroyed and everyone would be dead.

if your now saying to your self "fuking american, hes so arrogant like every other american" yeah your right, because the world needs the US, and besides nukes, we're invincable, and we are that important and great of a country. ill leave all of you with this note. take the US out of the world and where would all of you be, it scares the shit out of me to think of the world without America.

Last edited by sheff1597 (2006-03-07 23:03:15)

[MAA]MI2
+3|6780

sheff1597 wrote:

6. last, who owns all major media and huge amount of the internation comercial infstructure? the US. think of everything in your life that is related to the US in any way, and say good bye to that if we went to war, the world would surrender to the US very quickly. o and what would the middle east do without our money for their oil? (and yeah the US has enough reserves to last about 2 years with no imports, add that to the rationing that would start) the would be sent back into the stone age, what woule china and asia do with out all the money they make from exports to the US, thats trillions of dollars a year. and when they send, well every thing to the US on cargo ships, we then in turn fill them up with raw materials and resources and send them back, asia would be broke without the US. i could go on and on, but let me summarize.
Well, you could look conversely at the situation as well. US is basically at Chinese mercy because if China withdrew their investments the US is royally f**ked. Our stock market would crash and BOOM, October 1929 all over again. The US is billions of dollars in debt too, and guess who also holds US bonds? Thats right, foreigners. And what would happen if THEY withdrew their investments? Again, royally f**ked. A country cannot wage war with a screwed economy. As per your comments regarding who can fight 340 million people, you're forgetting that the US is not the only nation with long range strike capability. France has their "de Gaulle class" aircraft carrier and their submarines, while Russia has their "Typhoon" SSBN long range ballistic missile subs. Oh, and I would like to actually see statistics on a long range stealth aircraft that can strike with 20 precision guided munitions. MAYBE the B52. But the B2 Spirit cant (unless you can find info that says otherwise) and the F117 Nighthawk SURE AS HELL cant.
Dont take this the wrong way, I love my country and would willingly defend her in a time of need, but it is also necessary to not be ignorant and see all sides of an issue.

Last edited by [MAA]MI2 (2006-03-07 22:27:01)

sheff1597
+5|6633
yes i see your point, and it is true about the US economy also being fucked by such an engagement. so as a result all world economies in the world would go to hell, another reason why this thankfully would never happen. as for the french long-reang bombers, are they stealth? i dont know but i doubt they are. i also didnt know france has carriers, are what are their size and capabilites in relation to a Nimitz class?  i do find it funny that France has long-renge bombers and carriers, im sure you know why, and frankly looking at thier track recod, im not too scared. as for the 20 guided bombs, i actually dont know what a B2's munitions limit is, now that i put some thought to it i would have to say 6-12. now for the russian Typohon, i was stating all this if nukes wernt a variable in this, since they are, none of this would really matter since we would kill each other first. besides the US has missle subs too, im kinda drawing a blank but arent the newest Iowa class? or is that an old carrier class? but i think those carry 28 nukes, and i know we've got a bunch of them.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6690|Stillwater, Ok
B2's munition limit....I could find out easily enough...it uses 2 rotating munition racks each one i think hold 6 bombs each...so 12 sounds about right.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6780
Ohio class is the latest SSBN (ballistic missile class) actually, the newest one is the Virginia class, which is an SSN (attack sub, to complement the Los Angeles and Seawolf classes). But yeah, I agree that nuclear warfare shouldnt happen in the first place. Although, the subs can be outfitted with Tomahawk style conventional munitions if I recall correctly. The French de Gaulle class carriers arent the size of the Nimitz class ones like The Abraham Lincoln or the Stennis (they utilize the "ski jump" at the end, the Rafale M planes they fly off of it have a nosewheel that shoots up with hydraulic pressure) but the tradeoff is size for speed and maneuverability. The French track record isnt the fault of the nation as a whole though. The French started losing after Napoleon was gone (1815, Congress of Vienna). This had several factors, mainly because the French had an openly defeatist government in WWII that was all too happy to have a pacifist policy (not only them, but the US and all the Allied powers had pacifist policies, for more info, go look up the Munich Conference) and sit behind their Maginot line. No one was prepared for a German blitzkrieg through the Ardennes forest. What Im trying to say is, the French dont really deserve the bad rep they are getting...
EDIT: Thanks for the info Tucker, I digress on my point sheff.

Last edited by [MAA]MI2 (2006-03-07 23:48:02)

Mike_Rotch
+0|6667
Who'd want to invade the US?  see the US bill of rights second amendment...the right to bear arms.

give every gun toteing, kkk hood wearing, NRA card holder and his militia a good reason to take shots at invaders...who aren't just mexicans trying to earn a decent living for their families back home.

If they wanted to invade they would have already.
I2elik
+12|6760|Perth, Western Australia

sheff1597 wrote:

yes i see your point, and it is true about the US economy also being fucked by such an engagement. so as a result all world economies in the world would go to hell, another reason why this thankfully would never happen. as for the french long-reang bombers, are they stealth? i dont know but i doubt they are. i also didnt know france has carriers, are what are their size and capabilites in relation to a Nimitz class?  i do find it funny that France has long-renge bombers and carriers, im sure you know why, and frankly looking at thier track recod, im not too scared. as for the 20 guided bombs, i actually dont know what a B2's munitions limit is, now that i put some thought to it i would have to say 6-12. now for the russian Typohon, i was stating all this if nukes wernt a variable in this, since they are, none of this would really matter since we would kill each other first. besides the US has missle subs too, im kinda drawing a blank but arent the newest Iowa class? or is that an old carrier class? but i think those carry 28 nukes, and i know we've got a bunch of them.
France's long range bombers don't drop bombs or fire missiles, they just drop peices of paper ultra covertly that say "We Surrender".
dubbs
+105|6639|Lexington, KY

loki wrote:

You people are stupid... europe is are friend and allie so they wouldnt attack us, russia wouldnt stand a chance alone, and for the dumb ass who though europe has the best navy.... THE US HAS THE BEST NAVAL FLEET AND LARGEST, the best pilots and the best ships, if we went to war with china, that would be a lose to us in a ground battle, but in armored and naval battle would be close, are combat infaltry are outnumbered like 10-1 so we would lose
Stupid????? Learn to write properly in English.  It is Europe is our friend and ally.  This would be the only reason Europe and the rest of the world would win.

Someone asked if Russia was part of Europe.  Some of Russia is in Europe, Moscow, the captial for those who don't know it, is in Europe.  Most of it is in Asia, but that part of Russia does not have a large population.

Now, with nukes set a side, we all know that there is only one nation that has ever had war experience with nukes, (and most of us are not proud of it)  there are only a few nations in Europe that would be even have a chance with the US. Britian has a lot of raw material that can be used for a war, but the US has a lot of raw material also.  Spain, Italy, Germany, and the smaller nations would provide man power to the war but they would hardly do anything other then that.  France would not have any of enough resources and would go broke quick.  They mostly buy all of their white flags, I mean weapons.  Russia would be the largest threat after Britian (IMO) but they can not afford to go to war.  Their economy is not strong enough, this was one of the reasons the USSR fell. 

So my outcome would be that the US would be take a lot of punishment if this occured, but would win. 

If nukes were used, it would be a stalemate.  Anyone remember the Cold War.  We built our defenses up incase of a Nuclear War.  Because of this, we can detect in coming attacks, and respond very quickly.

PS: Operatioin Star Wars was cancelled in 1993 when the SDIO was disbanded.
dubbs
+105|6639|Lexington, KY

chitlin wrote:

Google for a Russian map.  Never mind I'll help you lazy ppl.

http://cooler.irk.ru/lt/map_russia.jpg

Now let's take a pop quiz,  What is the captial of Russia????

Answer: Moscow.

Another pop quiz, What land feature divides Europe and Asia?

Answer: The Urals

Now what side of the Urals is Europe?

Answer: West

What side of the Urals is Moscow on?

Answer: the West.

So there you have it part of Russia is in Europe.  About 75% of Russian's population is in Europe. 

Oh, one more thing, read the link below, you might learn something.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/fac … os/rs.html

Turns the dagger then pulls it out.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
America would win. They have more food. Two wars in modern times have been won through food.

1. WWI, Germany starved due to blockades from all sides. They were dependant on imports, and eventually ran out of steam. Not enough supplies, not enough troops, not enough will.

2. The Cold War. The USSR, like America, they went beserk on nuke-making. Unlike America, they ran out of food (America produces a massive amount of the world's grain so they could sit back and laugh). This went on until Mr Gorbachev realised the country was in the toilet and tried to fix things.

Countless others, food was a major factor. No food => No supplies or troops => No country.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6661

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

No Cash = No Fuel = No Battleships/jets/choppers/tanks = Creamed.

whittsend wrote:

Um, where have you been?  The US has been deficit spending Billions for decades.  Hasn't stopped us yet.
Planet Earth, not Planet America.  By decades I'll assume you mean to say 'about 6 years':

http://www.uuforum.org/deficit.htm
http://brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html
http://www.iatse728.org/home/deficitgraph.htm

"Hasn't stopped us yet".  Hmmmm, lets take this example to the scale of the individual:  If I smoked tobacco I could reasonably say that because I'm not dead from cancer I'm not going to die from cancer.  Despite evidence to the contrary. 

johnnykill wrote:

Can't believe noone metioned anything about tickets and who would loose them all first . Sheesh people wake up ! US would have at least 6 tickets left and win the battle .
I did, but, like you, I haven't perused the entire thread in detail to see if anyone else said it first:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Of course if war was like BF2, then America would start losing tickets quite quickly as Europe got an early the foothold, but eventually the Europe army would overstretch itself and lose control...  12-0 victory... next round... 0-11... next round 142-12...   because wars are faught by soldiers, not economics.  Really.  (edit: let me know if you want to help me make the 'European versus America' mod when euroforce comes out, assuming noone else has started work on it... i'll check later...)
Just like to add, I'd want to wait until the US based maps from Armored Fistfuck come before starting this mod... just switch the MEC/PLA for the Euroforce army and  Swwwweeeet.

Spark wrote:

America would win. They have more food. Two wars in modern times have been won through food.
Assuming a sustained war you need to remember that modern food -production- depends largely on nitrogen (from natural gas) fertilizers and oil fueled machinery.  Yield would go down considerably when these resources become unavailable in the scale they are required (as they would more than likely be redirected to the war effort) and so it is the control of these resources which matter most.  Stockpiled food would disappear faster than you can imagine if there were no imports, even if they brought in rationing.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-03-08 02:42:16)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6661

dubbs wrote:

We built our defenses up incase of a Nuclear War.  Because of this, we can detect in coming attacks, and respond very quickly.
Mutually Assured Destruction, a policy which is as the acronim describes it.  Here's a scary concept: to start a nuclear war you don't even need a fucking nuke!  Just send a couple of empty ICBMs towards the three major US targets.  US shoots them down / jams them and responds in kind.  I doubt if you can tell the difference between nuclear and conventional payloads while the missile is airbourne (correct me if I'm wrong), but America would have to claim to have nuked xyz as response to incoming nuclear threat....  could go two ways depending on whether it can be proved there was no threat or not, America admits that nukes are too dangerous and incoming threats will be neutralised but not responded to in kind and finally takes the first step to -really- disarming them, or America covers up investigation of the shot down rockets and says this proves exactly why they need nukes.  I'd say from past experience of the policies in the Whitehouse that the latter would be more likely.

On a side note, I never remember my dreams for long but while I can I'll share (it's on sort of on topic):

Me and a few people I knew saw what looked a bit like those funked out choppers from halflife 2 doing tricks over the London skyline (except the engine was smooth, and you couldn't see the any blades/rotors/turbines inside)... when they flew overhead you could hear static electricrity pops and crackles and everyones hair rose up.  Then the ground started shaking and huge floating aircraft carrier was visible whooshing through a gap in the buildings at massive speed.  Then the ground shook again and the carrier came back into view.  The small chopperlike craft landed in a docking bay, and then the -carrier- started to do tricks which reminded me of a dolphin playing under water.  It could literally spin around any axis and was able to buzz large building like Canary Wharf at a range or 2-3 metres (from the viewing angle I had) with absolute precision.  The carrier must have been spewing leaflets into the air the whole time because it had started to rain paper everywhere.  The leaflets said 'This city is now under the Control of the New American World Order, remain in your home and await further instruction.' 

We were enraged and took to the streets charging towards the docklands where the carriers was hovering.  Within about 5 minutes quite a crowd had joined the march and suddenly the carrier was above us, literally at the height of the tops of the smallish houses on the street we were on, and then we noticed what looked like miniguns spinning up.  Every started to panic and run in every direction and then a crackling, sharper than gunfire, rang out across the streets.  I felt electric shocks hit me in the arms and torso as I blacked out I woke up from the dream. 

As I climbed out of bed I noticed something strange, all the furniture was much closer to the bed than usual and a split beanbag had its contents clinging to wall just suspended there vibrating.  I climbed over the pile of metal framed sofas which had built up by the window and chairs by the window and looked up.  I saw the carrier floating in the distance.  Then I really woke up.

The scary thing is I put the New American World Order (NAWO) into google and got:

"NAWO.  Military alliance of totalitarian states in Europe and North America."

Looks like the NATO days are numbered.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard