SealXo
+309|6535
Ive always been one of the readers who hated stupid fiction books. Probably from all the shit books we read in school. All the books i read are nonfiction, weather it be about politics or military stories or about business or informational books. I read a little stephen king but im getting tired of that too.  Lately i've been thinking its about time to get a good fiction book or a book I can read just for fun. I don't want it to be extremely long though. Any suggestions of good books youve read lately?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
The Eragon series is decent. The 3rd book of the series is coming out the 20th(it is in USA).
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Try Dan Brown. He doesn't get into these for-the-next-50-or-so-pages-nothing-happens-but-bullshit phazes like King.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

tiptopT
+72|6581|Scotland's Capital
Anything by Dean Koontz (good horror writer) or Mario Puzo's the Godfather, all quite easy to read and engaging.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

Dean Koontz is a little dull tbh ... gets good after some pages but not for beginners ...

You might want to try a Norwegian author named Jo Nesbø, his books about the policeman Harry Hole is amazing and is translated to more than 20 languages which is big for a Norwegian
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5716|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've been into the Cherub series, it's about british kid spies

But being 15, I'm still into that thing, but still, they snog
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5996|Belgium
Darkly dreaming dexter       By jeff Lindsay
Read it and liked it....
madmax
+12|6261|perth, w.a.
anything by Michael A. Stackpole
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6353|West NY
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/I_Am_America_(And_So_Can_You!).jpg
Benzin
+576|5998
Motley Crue's autobiography ("The Dirt") is really good. Lot of out of this world stories, really shows you the dark and dirty of rock n roll.

I liked Tucker Max's "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell". Short read, really funny. Gut-splittingly funny, in fact. You'll get weird looks from those around you when you read it in public and you're laughing so hard.

Colby Buzzel's "My War" is also good. Really couldn't put that one down at all. Took his blogs from when he was in Iraq, added more detail and more commentary and whatnot. Really good read. Really funny in some parts, too. Not in a morbid way, though.

I personally love Tom Clancy. Though, since you want something shorter, his books may not be for you. They're really long and really informative, but really entertaining. Might have to read from the very first book, though, before you get into the others. Nonetheless - worth it in every way.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Anything by Greg Iles is fantastic. Michael Crichton has some great books, altough the last few haven't been that great. Thomas Harris's Hannibal (Lector) books are also much, much better than the movies.
chittydog
less busy

I almost forgot, Idlewild by Nick Sagan is awsm. Anything by Neal Stephenson kicks ass, but his books are usually kinda long.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
Tom Clancy, or Michael Crichton, fiction, but grounded enough to be believable, and always very interesting.

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2008-09-15 11:28:20)

Brasso
+1,549|6630

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

Darkly dreaming dexter       By jeff Lindsay
Read it and liked it....
pretty good, i liked the 2nd book more though.

Michael Crichton is the shit too.

As well as any of the classics; I recommend Lord of the Flies.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-09-15 11:30:22)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
(Auto) Biographies are the way to go..

Currently reading Phillip Green's biography (not auto) and "Think & Grow Rich". Both are excellent.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51148KEVAHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
chittydog
less busy

Stop promoting your own book.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

chittydog wrote:

dan anderson

my names sam

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

SamTheMan:D wrote:

chittydog wrote:

dan anderson

my names sam

sure dantheman
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
i just finished "Deep Storm" by Lincoln Child.  very entertaining, i give it a 9/10
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
Read some fiction, ffs. The Literature section at Borders is a candy shoppe (<<< c wat i did thar) for classic books that have only survived because of how good they are.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6325|England
Sniper One. It was so good I read it in 2 days
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
I implore you to ask marine.  He's a avid reader and actually has a library within his house.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I just read Eric Clapton's autobiography. It's a good read if you're into that kind of music.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard