Poll

Who is having a better games line-up for this fall?

X36036%36% - 13
Ps358%58% - 21
Nintendo5%5% - 2
Total: 36
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

And that song in Rock Band where all you do is press buttons on a guitar.
Or that one Crysis mission where you shoot minorities.
Fuck, that's fun in ANY game.
But Crysis did it best, as not only could you shoot people with different skin colors than you, but you could also grab them by the neck and throw them into each-other.

Asian bowling ftw
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Or that one Crysis mission where you shoot minorities.
Fuck, that's fun in ANY game.
But Crysis did it best, as not only could you shoot people with different skin colors than you, but you could also grab them by the neck and throw them into each-other.

Asian bowling ftw
You can also throw quails at them.

And in Crysis Warhead, rats.

"GO MAKE FOOD WITH THIS, YOU ALREADY DO"
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Poseidon wrote:

Home wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

GoW > Halo

In so, so many ways...I love both series, but GoW is simply superior. That mission where you're on the gigantic truck-like thing and you have to shine light at the Kryll is just so fucking :awsm:. Ranks among one of my favorite missions in any game.

Marcus isn't fat, either...lol. It's his armor. He actually looks a lot like the guy from UTIII.
IMO, Gears is one of the most overrated games for the xbox. That mission you're talking about is probably one of my most hated in any game. I don't buy games so that I can drive around shining lights at bats.

Singleplayer was OK, but the slow, heavy motion of the characters makes for slow, heavy gameplay. I like the heavy part, but not the slow. And multiplayer is so incredibly repetitive, gets old after a month max.

I'll still pick up Gears 2, and the new stuff they've added makes it look better, but I'd be waaay more excited for the next Bungie game.
You're oversimplifying it. That's like saying "oh, that mission on HL2, you just escape some zombie ridden place with slow moving zombies. boring".

I played that mission (the truck driving mission) with a friend over XBL and it was fun as hell.
No, because in that HL2 mission there are also fast zombies, giant head crab throwing zombies, crazy pastors, etc. That Gears mission really is just driving through a city and shining a light at bats, at least until the verrry end when you get into that gunfight. That's why I hated it so much, it was one of those missions that wasn't challenging, just stupid hard.

Poseidon wrote:

"GO MAKE FOOD WITH THIS, YOU ALREADY DO"
lol

Last edited by Home (2008-09-13 19:31:53)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Home wrote:

No, because in that HL2 mission there are also fast zombies, giant head crab throwing zombies, crazy pastors, etc. That Gears mission really is just driving through a city and shining a light at bats, at least until the verrry end when you get into that gunfight. That's why I hated it so much, it was one of those missions that wasn't challenging, just stupid hard.
I'm just saying. You've oversimplifying it.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
GOW didn't really stand out to me tbh. It was just play, complete, don't feel like playing ever again, take it back.
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6589|Medford, WI
GOW2 is gonna be fricken awsm, cant wait
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

sergeriver wrote:

And LBP will change the history of video gam¡ng.
no
fail
whats so good about it
enlighten me

it looks like shit to me
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

360 cause of fable 2
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

henno13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

no
fail
whats so good about it
enlighten me

it looks like shit to me
Innovation.  Creativity.  Originality.
henno13
+230|6319|Belfast

sergeriver wrote:

henno13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

no
fail
whats so good about it
enlighten me

it looks like shit to me
didnt change my mind
far cry 2 does something similar

but better

Last edited by henno13 (2008-09-14 05:36:00)

jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

sergeriver wrote:

henno13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

no
fail
whats so good about it
enlighten me

it looks like shit to me
Tell me the 3 most fun things you can do on this game.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan

Poseidon wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Lol.  You made me laugh.  Anyway, GOW is the best Xbox franchise and LBP will be one of the best PS3 sellers.
halo
mgs
GoW > Halo
ur face fag

and marcus IS a fat faggot. fucking master chief is skinnier, even though his armor weighs half a ton (not an expression btw)

but ill buy GoW 2 regardless so meh

neways I'll have to give only a slight edge to 360 due to the shooter material. And the fact it is L4D exclusive (console-wise) but otherwise I -can- say that both consoles have a pretty good lineup of games to kill time on. w/e I'm trying to get a PS3 this christmas so i get both sides of this delicious, delicious pie

woop woop

Last edited by Archer (2008-09-14 07:38:47)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Archer wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

halo
mgs
GoW > Halo
ur face fag

and marcus IS a fat faggot. fucking master chief is skinnier, even though his armor weighs half a ton (not an expression btw)

but ill buy GoW 2 regardless so meh

neways I'll have to give only a slight edge to 360 due to the shooter material. And the fact it is L4D exclusive (console-wise) but otherwise I -can- say that both consoles have a pretty good lineup of games to kill time on. w/e I'm trying to get a PS3 this christmas so i get both sides of this delicious, delicious pie

woop woop
Dude...I love the Halo series, don't get me wrong. However, GoW is just better in so many ways.

Oh, and Favre is fucking awesome. Shuttupyoface.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

henno13 wrote:

no
fail
whats so good about it
enlighten me

it looks like shit to me
Tell me the 3 most fun things you can do on this game.
Create, create and create.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

little boy planet will not change the future of gaming.  not sure how you can change history, but it wont affect the future.  i bet it will be in the bargain bin a few months after release.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-14 08:04:48)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

henno13 wrote:

little boy planet will not change the future of gaming.  not sure how you can change history, but it wont affect the future.  i bet it will be in the bargain bin a few months after release.
Wanna bet?
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5945|England

im with the yank on this one
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Wanna bet?
bet what?  you act like it is the first game ever where you can create and share your creations.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

im with the yank on this one
You need to open your mind, FPS's aren't the only games out there.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Wanna bet?
bet what?  you act like it is the first game ever where you can create and share your creations.
You said it would be an epic fail, with other words.  I'm pretty sure it will sell more than 5 million copies.  Wanna bet?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
The Level editor in Far Cry 2 looks way better than the one in little boy planet as usmarine calls it
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
A better games line-up in what way? Do you mean better games line-up of Exclusives?

Not 360, coz GoW2 is out, fucking pos my mates will probably make me get it too
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

The Level editor in Far Cry 2 looks way better than the one in little boy planet as usmarine calls it
He called it a pedo game, maybe he has a dirty mind.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

You said it would be an epic fail, with other words.  I'm pretty sure it will sell more than 5 million copies.  Wanna bet?
no, i said it would be in the bargain bin once everyone runs out to buy it then the reviews and opinions come pouring in.
henno13
+230|6319|Belfast

usmarine wrote:

henno13 wrote:

i didnt write that

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

fuck yeah

Farcry 2 > little boy planet

Last edited by henno13 (2008-09-14 08:06:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard