Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN
Sorry for the lame subject line...

I am new to the site so figured I would do the clichéd introduction post.

So here goes…

My in-game name is Hairy_Toe_Knuckles. My real-world name is Allan. I am a 30 year-old husband and father of 2 young boys. I was sick of the MMO grind as well as the time-consuming nature of the beast—my life doesn’t work like that anymore—so I picked up BF2 the other night figuring I’d give it a whirl.

I am enjoying it immensely right now, but it gets lonely not knowing anyone in the community. So here I am, figured I’d meet some players and maybe initiate some sort of male-bonding ritual. Heh Wrong game for that, though, right?

I started off playing Assault, but then switched to AT, but now I am onto playing Medic—which I enjoy the most and will most likely stick with. I also like to end sentences with prepositions like just now, so beware: I live on the edge!
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6836|Grapevine, TX
Welcome to Battlefield2s.com, and enjoy the game new Private! You will get a lot of information about BF2 on this site, as it is the best on the planet. Grab a download of XFIRE and you can link up with me anytime. My name is Ian, and I'm also 30 and have one 4 yr old girl. See ya on the battlefield killer.
ChapmanUK
+2|6657|England
Hey dude, welcome to the forum!
Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Welcome to Battlefield2s.com, and enjoy the game new Private! You will get a lot of information about BF2 on this site, as it is the best on the planet. Grab a download of XFIRE and you can link up with me anytime. My name is Ian, and I'm also 30 and have one 4 yr old girl. See ya on the battlefield killer.
I should be a Private First-Class, but from what I understand from reading the forums is that the stats are slow-going sometimes on updating (I got enough points last night around 10pm and still no change today). Oh well...

I used to use Xfire, but noone I knew used it, too, so I ditched it. Guess I'll grab it again.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, Ian. Nice to meet you.

Oh, and for reference-sakes, my boys are 3 and 1. I love being a Dad.

Last edited by Hairy_Toe_Knuckles (2006-03-07 14:00:46)

S4INT05
+1|6737|79605, TX
What's up dude?

BF2 is a game that pisses me off to no ends, so be warned. I will also warn you of the people on these boards. Some will flame for no apparent reason, and a lot more like to whine. I used to come here a lot, and spend a good portion of my day on these forums but...some people here just...annoy me.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay. My Xfire handle is linked under my name if you ever want to play. I'm just a Gunny Sarge so if you want somebody to show you the ropes, I'll be more than happy to play with you anytime, I'm not that serious of a player. I love to have fun on the 'field. I'll jump hills in the buggies, run them off cliffs, flip them, do flips and rolls in helis...screw the serious!
Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN

S4INT05 wrote:

What's up dude?

BF2 is a game that pisses me off to no ends, so be warned. I will also warn you of the people on these boards. Some will flame for no apparent reason, and a lot more like to whine. I used to come here a lot, and spend a good portion of my day on these forums but...some people here just...annoy me.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay. My Xfire handle is linked under my name if you ever want to play. I'm just a Gunny Sarge so if you want somebody to show you the ropes, I'll be more than happy to play with you anytime, I'm not that serious of a player. I love to have fun on the 'field. I'll jump hills in the buggies, run them off cliffs, flip them, do flips and rolls in helis...screw the serious!
Ha! Sounds like my type of player.

I play to have fun. I will repeat that: I...play...to...have...FUN. I know that sounds foreign to most gamers these days, but that's all I care about. However, I do not purposely sabotage any player's good time that IS serious about their stats. I will do my job in-game, but it isn't the end of the world to me if I do not win.

And thanks for offering to take me under your wing. I could always use some tips here and there.

Once again, thanks to all of you who have welcomed me.
Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN
Got Xfire again and it is now in my Profile.
S4INT05
+1|6737|79605, TX
Yea, a lot of people will get mad if you're out for fun these days. LOL for example, my good friend Nate got pissed at me and started screaming at me over VOIP when I took "his" buggy off the cliff at Kubra Dam...it was all in fun...didn't know he liked the damn buggy that much but...whatever. I just wanted to see if I could land it. He later apologized when we made a buggy fly with C4 and realized that the game wasn't all about stats and who's on the leaderboard.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6753|Houston, TX
Welcome to the forums.  I'll play with you.  Find me online, or PM me with the times you play.  If you need alot of practice, I find that using BF2s.com's server (when its empty) is a great wide open Wake 64 server where you can fly, drive, etc to your hearts content.  Plus its fun to meet other forum brothers/sisters there.  Made a couple of cool friends there.

S4INT05 - "but...some people here just...annoy me."  Hope I ain't one of 'em.  Good to see people still play for fun.

KJ
Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN
Kung Jew, great name! hehe

And thanks, I'll look you up.
Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN
And wow! The Texas welcoming committee, eh? hehe

I used to live there for a short period during the late 90's.
section9
+9|6855|USA
Welcome to the game,how bout that weather in mempho.
sabotwulf
+3|6696|So.Cal
Welcome aboard HTK, Like the others said, take what you hear on these forums with a grain of salt.  In time you will see who is worth listing to and who is full of it.  I mainly use the forum for information and tricks of the trade.  You will find most here want to have fun, a lot of other just bitch and moan.  I truly hope that you join us hardballers who just want to get away and vent with a little virtual killng time.  I can relate to your disposition.  I am 30 myself with 2 kids and a wife who won't shut up.  If you need advise on ingame tactics pleae feel free to ask...(after you use the SEARCH funtion on this site)...lol.  You you need info on some great servers  for good gaming let me know.  It would be great to see you on the battlefield.

Wulf--out
CC-Marley
+407|6836
Welcome!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653
Welcome soldier

https://images.animationfactory.com/imagedir/animations/people_m_z/military/military_drill_instructor_yelling/military_drill_instructor_yelling_hg_clr.gif
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6666| United States of America
'sup dude
1hawaii50
+5|6713
Welcome to a whole new world that will drive you crazy!  I am 34, and also married w/ a 2yr and  7yr old girls.  I am usually playing late at night the two days a week that I have off of work. Otherwise, I try to sneak in an hour or two every couple of afternoons right when I get home.  I am 1hawaii50 on x-fire, and I'll be watching for you!
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6666| United States of America

S4INT05 wrote:

What's up dude?

flame like this: FUCK YOU BITCH! BF2 is THE best game ever so STFU!

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-03-07 15:54:11)

HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6665|California
Welcome to your new home/life, do u liek METAL?

notice the spelling of *like* thats called leet speak. learn it, Just kidding lol

see u on the battlefield
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6851|Waikato, Aotearoa
As what 1hawaii50 said. Welcome to A WHOLE NEW kind of frustration, joy, pain, achievement (the list goes on). You prolly wont see me in game (I tend to play on kiwi and aussie servers). Anyway have fun playing BF2, and dont take what ppl do (and say) too personally - ITS ONLY A GAME AFTER ALL
420JOKES
+-1|6648
ull also find peolpe in the gave that have no skills so they break out a PKM or nad U to death this game can be super fun tho aside from the noobs my x fire is 420sw33tgur1420 add me if u want im a est late night gamer tho im here for the fun and badges
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6739|kansas
shut the fuck up with the "people flamming for no reason comment" we flame because people like you suck ass and people like me always have to pull the load of your sorry behinds. people like you are always to busy flipping shit over and not setting me up for tv missles or blowing up your buggy taking it off a hill and not giving me a ride you sorry piece of shit. im here to win games not hang around people who fly off the hills and flip choppers go to the single player and do that shit.
S4INT05
+1|6737|79605, TX

Kung Jew wrote:

S4INT05 - "but...some people here just...annoy me."  Hope I ain't one of 'em.  Good to see people still play for fun.

KJ
lol Nah man, you're quite alright.

And Guppie, CONGRATS dude! You just proved my point. Looks like I'll never play with you, you're no fun! ^_^
Besides, I know how to do all that, I just like to have fun doing it. Is that a problem?

Last edited by S4INT05 (2006-03-07 21:25:21)

Hairy_Toe_Knuckles
+0|6633|Memphis, TN
Checking in...

Wow! Quite the welcome! Thanks, everyone.

I had fun playing on the BF2s.com server today with some of you.

Thanks, Kung Jew, was fun flying around and learning the ropes.
khmer
+86|6685|Central California
Welcome on board. Wow you barely started now. At least you didn't have to put up with the past dolphin diving or previous version bunny hoping. Hope yah have fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard