Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

usmarine wrote:

PES has more realistic player movement and looks. UEFA 2008 did a better job than fifa in that department, but is still behind PES.
From the looks of the new one, I wouldn't say that. I would say that FIFA09 looks much sleeker in the animations department.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

FIFA09 has Ronaldo Free Kick

At 0:50 onwards.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-09-07 13:09:46)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Zimmer wrote:

usmarine wrote:

PES has more realistic player movement and looks. UEFA 2008 did a better job than fifa in that department, but is still behind PES.
From the looks of the new one, I wouldn't say that. I would say that FIFA09 looks much sleeker in the animations department.
well since i have played neither because they are not out yet, i am talking about last years.  PC ofc.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

FIFA09 demo is out!!!!!!!!!!
r'Eeee
+311|6418

I think the PC version doesn't have the improvements that are supposed to be on the PS3 and 360 version.

PC version = Old slow gameplay + Better graphics + I think they are supporting the mouse for gameplay. I could be wrong.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

r'Eeee wrote:

I think the PC version doesn't have the improvements that are supposed to be on the PS3 and 360 version.

PC version = Old slow gameplay + Better graphics + I think they are supporting the mouse for gameplay. I could be wrong.
Um.... Where did you get that from? I think that's bullshit.
r'Eeee
+311|6418

I read it on the official FIFA09 forums, it's currently down for some reason.
r'Eeee
+311|6418

Here is a good video for the PC, from what I gather, they have actually changed the gameplay, but  he doesn't talk about the improvement that they did for the 360 and PS3, just animation ect... The mouse part is in fact true, which is a nice feature for the PC.

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Just played it. Yeah, you are right. I read the review, and it was talking about power gauges for everything and the sort. Doesn't exist on the PC version. It's not as bad as FIFA08, and the graphics are incredibly nice, but it's pretty shit if that is what is expected on the 360 ( which I doubt it is ). Although the "players calling for through balls" is in it and the shooting as imrpoved, as has the speed of the gameplay... But it's just too subtle to notice. As well as that, the player actions and movements look just like FIFA08.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Ok. I take that all back. Tried the new mouse movement, it's quite nice, but very hard to get used to ( well, I was shit with keyboard anyway ).

Passing is a true bitch with the mouse, but with keyboard it;'s quite nice. First touch hasn't been improved much, it's still near perfection.

Shooting is nice! You feel the power behind the ball ( although the sounds behind it are seriously lacking, it sounds like a splat instead of a PEOWWW ) and I still haven't managed to get a through ball behind the defence ( well, I haven't managed a through ball, period ).

Physics really have been improved, and hit boxes are nearly perfect ( watched celebrations and shit in detail and barely any graphical glitches or hands going through bodies, as well as zooming in on tackles and the sort ). Grass is real nice to look at.

Tempo has been increased in a lovely manner, with Drogba being able to power through a weak line of defence without getting the ball taken off him, yet Terry cannot do such a thing. Dribbling is still iffy and ugly at times, but it's certainly better than 08.

I'm impressed, but not stunned. It would be lovely on the 360 ( just this exact version ) but if you say that there are more improvements to come to the PS/Xbox, then I can't wait. Honestly.

Be A Pro was a tad dissapointing, with retard passes being flung here and there if you call for the ball. I hate the camera and with mouse movement it's nearly impossible.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Zimmer wrote:

where the heck can i download it?
r'Eeee
+311|6418

usmarine wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

where the heck can i download it?
Here

http://www.gamershell.com/download_32458.shtml
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

awesome.  ty
r'Eeee
+311|6418

NP.

Funny that the US server is full. While the UK servers are still free

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-09-10 15:58:48)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

r'Eeee wrote:

NP.

Funny that the US server is full. While the UK are still free
thats the one i am downloading.

is fifa football manager 08 for PC any good?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6412|Stealth City, UK
Anybody see the announcement that the Pro Evo team have got the license for the Champions League along with Manchester United and Liverpool?

There's a vid here http://kotaku.com/5048413/new-pro-evolu … 09-trailer

Looks pretty good, but I'm still going to try both out before I buy one of them.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Oh my fucking god. I just downloaded and played the demo on the 360.

Oh my fucking god.

Most epic football game I have ever played. I cannot describe just how good it is. Through balls are incredible, shooting is majestic, tackles are fierce and sexy, goalkeepers are gods, crossing is not for the faint hearted, graphics are unbelievable, atmosphere is incredible, passing is awesome, first touch is INCREDIBLE ( not that it is good, but that each player can make mistakes with their first touch, or have an awesome one ) and dribbling is just sex.

PES is well and truly fucked. I know that the directors of PES are playing FIFA09 right now and loving every moment of it.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

oh fuck, I forgot that it's on XBL now....

*downloads*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
r'Eeee
+311|6418

I have been waiting for the demo, but Sony decided to screw up the update today. They haven't updated the store till now. OMG

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game though, Zimmer. So is it actually different from the PC version?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

r'Eeee wrote:

I have been waiting for the demo, but Sony decided to screw up the update today. They haven't updated the store till now. OMG

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game though, Zimmer. So is it actually different from the PC version?
It's not the same game, literally.
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Holy fucking shit I'm gonna download this!!!!!

(..as soon as I'm done on Mercs 2 )
r'Eeee
+311|6418

Ok then, I won't bother with the PC version then. I'll wait for the bastards to update the store

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-09-11 11:34:11)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

omg, I have to have a gold account to download the FIFA09 demo. Fuck that.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Wow. FIFA 09 is a LOT better than FIFA 08... feels so much better :>
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6412|Stealth City, UK
Just downlaoded Fifa on PSN.....still feels slow compared to Pro Evo. I feel confident that when my player gets the ball on Pro Evo I know exactly where he's going to move just after his first touch. On Fifa it takes too long to make their move.....maybe I just need to get used to it. Graphics are better, but not a huge diiference, definetly 'lighter' than 08.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard