$kelet0r
+16|6652
Bloody hell
I'd hate to see DICE compromise their game because you lot want to play counterstrike in every FPS produced
Battlefield 2 is awesome because it has vehicles AND infantry and i pray that will never change
The people who play Karkand and battlefield properly are the ones who avoid the hotel like it was coated in anthrax and attack the wide open areas behind it - the counterstrike wannabes are the ones that never leave the place and want infantry only maps
correct me if i'm wrong
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

$kelet0r wrote:

Bloody hell
I'd hate to see DICE compromise their game because you lot want to play counterstrike in every FPS produced
Battlefield 2 is awesome because it has vehicles AND infantry and i pray that will never change
The people who play Karkand and battlefield properly are the ones who avoid the hotel like it was coated in anthrax and attack the wide open areas behind it - the counterstrike wannabes are the ones that never leave the place and want infantry only maps
correct me if i'm wrong
Somehow "YOU COUNTERSTRIKE NOOBS" always gets brought up in these threads. Are you saying that having a couple of infantry maps would compromise DICE's game? What the hell?! I doubt Strike at Karkand is going anywhere soon, so what do you have to complain about exactly?

And no, I am not an infantry snob. Nearly 200 of my near-300 hours spent playing this game have been in vehicles of some sort. I can't be the only one who would enjoy a desperate post-crash "Blackhawk Down"-style match.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-07 07:54:41)

Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine
Map with light vehicles only will be ok .
By the way , why there is no light jeeps in city maps ? It will be great fun , i mean their speed .
And also one chinise city map is needed .
.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6692
i've been wanting to play an armorless karkand style map for ages,just keep the vod's & stuff just lose the armor,how often do you see tank vs tank battles on karkand anyway?,most the time it's the u.s armor raping the hotel from the main entrance & mec armor down the right hand side taking out the u.s troops coming down the hill.a black hawk down style map would make some awsome infantry battles,have the map slightly wider than karkand is now but the roads all cluttered with trashed burning market stalls/burnt out vehicles & things but so most of its still accesible by transport but the main troop traffic & fightings in the maze like buildings backstreets & alleyways,long as the spawn points are out the way of roads you could even leave a tank for each team to use as well cause i think karkands main problem is that its too tempting for the armor not camp the alleys & spawn points cause thier all right on the road side & easy pickings for the lamers that are to scared to go 1on1 with people & just wanna rack up loads of kills picking off the helpless fresh spawners.
all they had to do when making karkand was to make propper buildings then dump half the spawn points indoors out of harms way.they could even do that in a patch just make the existing buildings double sided mesh's use existing textures from whats already in the game then no more spawn camping armor.
i cant see why ea/dice cant let the mod community make some map packs.all they gotta do if they wanna milk some cash out of it like the boosterpacks is give the modders free versions of the packs they create & charge the rest of us a few quid like the boosters.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6732
dude had it right when he said devils perch .. its one of my favorite maps and its pure infantry .. the apc will get smoked with all the tight areas and tow missile spots.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

.-=5TON3R=-. wrote:

i've been wanting to play an armorless karkand style map for ages,just keep the vod's & stuff just lose the armor,how often do you see tank vs tank battles on karkand anyway?,most the time it's the u.s armor raping the hotel from the main entrance & mec armor down the right hand side taking out the u.s troops coming down the hill.
I'll have to say that armor's true battlefield purpose is to suppress enemy infantry. Ironically, that's what they're best at in BF2.
.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6692
yeah i agree about the supressing infantry but theres a difference in supressing & just spawn raping,i suppose karkand just needs more engineers to mine the road areas so tanks/apc's cant sit by the alleyways.most players with any common sence just spawn at the square once someone starts raping the alleys at the hotel but theres always loads that continualy spawn at the hotel & get raped then just sit there moaning about it lol.serves em right but at the same time their losing loads of tickets dying.when i play karkand first spawn's always hotel then once things get going i spawn at square then just hike down the road a bit.

Last edited by .-=5TON3R=-. (2006-03-07 09:31:47)

.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6692
i like devils perch as well but my fave map on sf has to be leviathan had some realy good fights between the 2 flags inside the building with the sub's in top of the map.also like surge & mass destruction,i always get the 2 mixed up lol one with the missile silo's good for sniping & the others good infantry.
i was a bit dissapointed with sf though cause i thaught it was gonna have more & bigger indoor areas for close quarter fights,dont get me wrong i like sf even though i dont play it much lately get bored waiting for maps to load & with the night maps being fcked up thanks to 1.2 ive not played it for a while.
anyone got any extra info on euro force maps,mainly great wall cause on the trailer looks like it could be another good infantry map.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6691|Kirkland, WA
I plan on creating an urban mostly infantry map shortly. At least that's the plan. Right now I'm waiting to see if Dice/EA will approve my concept to be accepted as an official map for ranked play. Anyway, the concept is based  off of the city of Spokane, which is located near Fairchild Air Force Base.

You guys can find the link to the thread here:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16289

I don't plan on making the map entirely infantry because there will be transports, boats, and perhaps some helicopters, but it will definitely have a very strong emphasis on infantry combat. Since many of the flags will be located inside structures they would be protected from vehicles anyway.

Let me know what you guys think about it.
Badcow68
+4|6695|Tucson, AZ
I would like to see a map without vehicles. And a winter map or heavy rain. No tank or chopper whores would be nice. As well as fun to how how they do on solid ground.......Oh well, will never happen..[DreamMode=OFF]
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus
bf 2 is a combat simulator armor and air power are the main parts of any modern army.  take that away and its boring to play the game. good teamwork beats a tank every day
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

herrr_smity wrote:

bf 2 is a combat simulator armor and air power are the main parts of any modern army.  take that away and its boring to play the game. good teamwork beats a tank every day
Another one...

Do you think every modern skirmish includes endless streams of tanks and helicopters? You'd be silly if you did.

Look at the topic's title: "I'd enjoy urban map with no vehicles immensely!" It doesn't say "remove all tanks and choppers from BF2." Don't think for one minute that all the Mashtuur and Karkand servers will up and disappear because a new map comes out featuring no vehicle more threatening than a light transport (or none at all for a 16-player size). The people who like shooting at infantry exclusive of other threats will enjoy it, while a server geared more towards vehicles will never vote it in.

Simple is that.
smk_valvanite
+12|6646|New Zealand, CHCH

JimKong wrote:

They should have a forest, snow, and jungle map with changing weather.
hell yeah, id even be keen to have simulated cities from around the world to play in, ie. camping as a sniper in the eiffel tower, when you play the paris map, USMC Vs MEC in a terrorist situation

or.. london, being able too climb all over buckingham palace, ride the underground subway, and again, snipe from big ben, ride a boat through the thames, and have a cappable flag in the much fortified, scotland yard

shit if they can map out a city like in "the getaway" they can do it to fps mulitplayer
zerobeast33
+4|6649|Steel City
This topic has been thrown around a decent number of times.
I admit on both ends as in being infantry and in armor, I like it.

It all depends on the map too.
Ex: We'll say a new city map is created. Take like L.A. that's mainly
a confined city map and flags would be somewhat easy to get to. I still
would like to have like 2 jeeps or so on each side so you wouldn't waste
100 hrs chuggin' to the other side of the map to cap a flag. But, having 2 jeeps
would still give the AT class a purpose and the Engineers as well.

It would be interesting and fun to play. Maps like this would def benefit Teamwork.
Plus, others would still want to play the other maps, but I think this could draw a huge
and maybe new crowd too.
EvilJebus
+11|6594
I like city maps as much as anybody, but I also like large, vehicle oriented map. It all depends on what I feel like really. I'd also like an infantry only map, but what we all have to realise is this is BF, no CS, not MOH, not any other FPS. BF is suppost to be real combat, vehicles and all, if 2/3 of your kills are from tanks then the game is working how it should! I don't think one or two infantry only map would hurt, but if thats all you want go play CSS or something.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US
Please, give us one good infantry only map.  I love teamwork, and think this would be one of the better teamwork maps if done correctly.  Don't get me wrong, tanks and choppers are fun, but variety is the spice of life.
l41e
+677|6618

For any idiots who want to be "l33t" and bitch about us "counterstrike n00bs"...

1. It's one map. If the only map you know of is Wake or Oman, I can't help that.
2. If you want to play around with stupid "go play _____" retorts, here's one: Go play a flight sim.

K?
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6711|United Kingdom
I was just about to make a post on this. I know it's all been said before, but we need some kinda 'petition' thread or something for an Infantry only map (I like the suggested idea of a Jungle map), only vehicles being transport (i.e. Humvee, so the AT class has a use other than stopping revives).

I've heard people moan about how this would tantamount to 'statpadding'....why? Because you can't hoar a tank and baserape on Karkand? Don't be silly, it's no where near statspadding, as you can't rely on armour to cap flags or rape, making it harder. And more fun.

And for those who don't want infantry only maps because it's not fair on those who like planes and tanks (i.e. vehicle whores). Well, personally, I don't like planes. Or tanks, when I'm not in one.

Overall, I think it would be fun. And it being a game, fun is what it should be about.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
Than go play COD4.No offense. :p
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

pace51 wrote:

Than go play COD4.No offense. :p
yo bro lets stop with the bumpz k?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard