Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
sounds like they decided to use the full capacity of the blu-ray which means we can expect a lot of different entity's to add to our own levels.

spidery yoda theres around 70 levels coming with the game, ranging from small arcade type levels to long platforming levels.

so that includes thousands of entity's and pictures/textures coming with the game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
Hmm ok.

It's not every day you see a thread get closed and then opened again.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK

Zimmer wrote:

I couldn't care less, and I am pretty sure nobody else could either.

This is just another pointless jab at how shit the X360 is.

Next time you find news on how awesome the PS3 is, or how shit the 360 is, keep it to yourself. The majority of peole don't give a damn.
I agree.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

wah1188 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Next time you find news on how awesome the PS3 is, or how shit the 360 is, keep it to yourself. The majority of peole don't give a damn.
I agree.
Could the same be said that a lot of people could care less about your feelings? And that this is just a jab at him for posting about the PS3 again?
There is no requirement to dedicate equal time to talking up each console...

Next time you have a problem with a PS3 thread, keep it to your self... there are plenty of people who don't give a damn.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

VicktorVauhn wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I agree.
Could the same be said that a lot of people could care less about your feelings? And that this is just a jab at him for posting about the PS3 again?
There is no requirement to dedicate equal time to talking up each console...

Next time you have a problem with a PS3 thread, keep it to your self... there are plenty of people who don't give a damn.
The funny thing is it wasn't a jab to the X360 as some mod said, it was just to show that LBP has lots of content.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-09-11 04:29:04)

Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6435|Brisbane, Australia
Why on earth would you want 70 levels of a platform game. this game is just a fancy Mario where you can change clothes and have some special ability...

ehh sorry I just was trying to help everyone save their money for something else.
And yes I hate Mario games...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Zimmer wrote:

Wow, you closed this thread?  I kindly ask you to read the OP, because apparently you didn't. It wasn't a jab to the X360 as you wrongly said, it was just to show that LBP has lots of content.  Then, come to me again.  And how do you know what the majority of the people give a damn for anyway?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-09-11 04:53:03)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

Way too much hate, for a game that could be great and one of a kind.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

wow....

anyway, serge, why not just put this in the little boy planet official thread?  do we really need so many threads on the same game?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=105378
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6379|Bromley, London

I just bought the official PS3 Magazine in the UK. I was going to see what they say in the review before buying it. And it sounds amazing. I am sure it will be a fun game to play as there are probably going to by an infinite amount of user created levels. And I also have my Kratos sack boy.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
Holy fucking shit! I'm so ecstatic right now.

Sweet child of mine

Green hill zone Act 1

Green hill zone Act 2

Last edited by heggs (2008-09-30 06:36:15)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

heggs wrote:

Holy fucking shit! I'm so ecstatic right now.
That's fucking sick! How do they do that?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
Also, first review, from Playstation Mag: http://forums.n4g.com/Playstation_Offic … 969/tm.htm

10/10

I'm not all that surprised to be honest. I expect a plethora of high scores coming from different reviews in the near future.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
Those Sonic levels.

Good job whoever made them in making the layout very similar. However, they don't look like much fun to play on when you're a slow floaty character that can't go up the ramps without help of a car.

It reminds me of the level creator in Timesplitters 2. You could make levels with the same layout as Goldeneye ones, but you spend the entire time playing trying to tell yourself its the same thing when it just isn't.

Isn't there a way to tweak the actual physics of the guy? Seems like something that should be there after only watching a few vids.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
No way to tweak the physics that I know of. I see your point, but I don't entirely agree with it. Media Molecule set out to create their own game, and people will do with it what they want, which is quite a lot. The fact that people can emulate older platformers is pretty cool, but that's not the point of the game, necessarily. The point is to create your own levels, minigames, etc with the toolset given to you.

I was just merely demonstrating how powerful the game is, not trying to compare it to existing games like Sonic. Realistically, you'll never be able to make Mario and Sonic levels to the T, but you can come damn close, and you can come up with some clever tricks along the way.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
Very true. But you can bet that a HUGE chunk of the levels created will be from older games. People will play them expecting to get an experience similar to the old games and it'll be nothing like them. Also, yes very impressive creation stuff going on.

But yes I agree with you. People should be getting creative as well as making retro levels. Making new levels that work well with the gameplay, instead of making familiar levels that dont.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-30 07:42:34)

teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6379|Bromley, London

So who else has there kratos sackboy? I got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by teek22 (2008-10-05 12:41:25)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Holy fucking shit...

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I just got into the US Beta!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York

teek22 wrote:

So who else has there kratos sackboy? I got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I pre ordered at the local Gamestop yesterday, along with FC2, but they were out of Kratos codes.

Edit: @ Poseidon: oO that's amazing. Leave it to a computer programmer to build a calculator.

Last edited by heggs (2008-10-07 06:05:37)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268

Poseidon wrote:

Holy fucking shit...
I think you hit the nail on the head there

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-10-07 06:09:26)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
Aaaand the developers, Media Molecule, are in fact, amazing. This proves how much they listen to the community.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170477

LittleBIGPlanet Beta User-Created Levels Will Carry Over to Full Game
Alex Evans confirms all the work testers have put in building cool stuff will not go to waste.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6623
I got the Beta in the US yesterday. I would have to say after an hour or so I was bored, but am really interested in making a level. Then on the other hand, my 13 year old kid loved it and could care less about the level builder. I am on the fence for myself, but I am sure my 13 year old will be getting it for Christmas.
After the novelty wears off how fun is it?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

I got the Beta in the US yesterday. I would have to say after an hour or so I was bored, but am really interested in making a level. Then on the other hand, my 13 year old kid loved it and could care less about the level builder. I am on the fence for myself, but I am sure my 13 year old will be getting it for Christmas.
After the novelty wears off how fun is it?
Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone. At least you gave it a shot before making judgments.

I know for me personally that I'm not going to grow tired of it, so it's a good purchase for me.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
Jesus fucking christ. Delayed a week from a stupid fucking lyric in a song.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/ … se-update/

Grrrrr.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard