Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX
All reports have been noted.  People have been PM'd.

Please remember that this is D & ST folks.  If you don't have the ability to maintain civility in discussion, you don't need to be in this section of threads.  Especially one that starts off bias and is on such a heated subject. 

KJ
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Why is it that there are two Republican/Nationalist parties in NI. I mean it just makes sense to form a coalition and take away the DUP's power. It seems like the ol' Repubs can't seem to unite in the face of the common enemy

Actually I'm wrong. The two main Unionist parties would be bigger than the two main Republican parties
Mild and moderate. Also, Republicans did not believe the border existed. (I don't know if they still share that view) Loyalists are the unionist alternative (ie believing all nationalists are very bad and the border must stay at all costs, even though unionist parties still agree with this for the most part there is still nationalist respect {clearly not now})

Sinn Fein - moderate, nationalist
Social Democrat & Labour Party - mild, nationalist
Alliance - middle
Ulster Unionist Party - mild, unionist
Democratic Unionist Party - moderate, unionist

This is a bit general, but that is the basic gist of things. Under the Belfast agreement, when the people of Ireland (that is North and South) vote (quote: "by peaceful and democratic means") for a united Ireland it will happen. England have offered N.I. to R.O.I. twice already under some circumstances, both denied. England doesn't care about Northern Ireland and its state. Nor do I.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5965|Truthistan
Unionists moving back to Scotland is just part of the natural process of decolonization.
Britain's to blame for the mess. In fact, Britain is to blame for a lot of ethnic conflict around the world where it used ethnic minorities to control ethnic majorities, and in the case of Northern Ireland Britain actually moved people into Ireland.

Britain's biggest mistake every was forcing catholic Irish into the US, there is a lot of support here for the decolonization of Ireland.

Remember its only been about 50 or 60 years since the global process of decolonization began and its going to take a lot longer for these things to work out.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Unionists moving back to Scotland is just part of the natural process of decolonization.
Britain's to blame for the mess. In fact, Britain is to blame for a lot of ethnic conflict around the world where it used ethnic minorities to control ethnic majorities, and in the case of Northern Ireland Britain actually moved people into Ireland.

Britain's biggest mistake every was forcing catholic Irish into the US, there is a lot of support here for the decolonization of Ireland.

Remember its only been about 50 or 60 years since the global process of decolonization began and its going to take a lot longer for these things to work out.
So where you from asshole? Have the balls to put it in your details like everyone else.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5965|Truthistan

jord wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

So where you from asshole? Have the balls to put it in your details like everyone else.
You need to know where I'm from to accept the truth of what I'm saying? Or are you planning to fire bomb my place? LOL. Let's just say I'm an ex pat of a former British colony so I know enough about wanker ol'England.

Truth hurts I guess.
Best thing about the British empire - its makes a great museum and a pitiful footnote in history, good riddance
jord

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You need to know where I'm from to accept the truth of what I'm saying? Or are you planning to fire bomb my place? LOL. Let's just say I'm an ex pat of a former British colony so I know enough about wanker ol'England.

Truth hurts I guess.
Best thing about the British empire - its makes a great museum and a pitiful footnote in history, good riddance
No it just makes you a pussy. I'm not going to debate with a pussy. Everyone was making empires and expanding in them times, it just so happens Britain was best at it. If it wasn't us it would be France or Germany.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

Tells you right there where he's from.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5965|Truthistan

m3thod wrote:

That would be "Truthistan"
jord

m3thod wrote:

I've given up. His parents probably just tell him Britain is very naughty because they're from a Nationalist area or some shit. It's the same as Avman confessing he blindly hates the British because we owned India (And did a better job at running it).

Avman, there's a good insult. You're an Avman.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Historically speaking many Catholics were pro US from JFK and Martin Luther King. The black civil rights movement brought much needed fresh air to nationalism, because in the same way of a white:black America it gave hope to a unionist:nationalist Ireland.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5965|Truthistan

jord wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I've given up. His parents probably just tell him Britain is very naughty because they're from a Nationalist area or some shit. It's the same as Avman confessing he blindly hates the British because we owned India (And did a better job at running it).

Actually I moved because I got tired of seeing that ugly cow of a queen on my money. So I moved to the country that got rid of the royal turds.

How's dumbo the queer prince working out for you? I haven't heard much news lately about the royal inbreediing program at buckingham trailer park

Last edited by Diesel_dyk (2008-09-12 14:51:23)

jord

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Actually I moved because I got tired of seeing that ugly cow of a queen on my money. So I moved to the country that got rid of the royal turds.

How's dumbo the queer prince working out for you? I havn't heard much news lately about the royal inbreediing program at buckingham trailer park
Yeah alright Mr American. Form your own opinions next time. And insult the royal family all you want, I do all the time, clown.

Last edited by jord (2008-09-12 14:50:16)

jord
You didn't move for political reasons at all. Mummy and Daddy had to move and took you along with them. To carry on their opinions.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

m3thod wrote:

How's dumbo the queer prince working out for you? I haven't heard much news lately about the royal inbreediing program at buckingham trailer park
Um the Queen generates the UK profit in tourism and has no power to do anything.
jord

Vilham wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

Um the Queen generates the UK profit in tourism and has no power to do anything.
Don't even bother. The amount of times that has been said to tools in the last few weeks is over 50. They won't get it, just give up...
Diesel_dyk
+178|5965|Truthistan

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Don't even bother. The amount of times that has been said to tools in the last few weeks is over 50. They won't get it, just give up...
I get the point
That's why I called the UK a museum.
you know you could be a Republic and the Queen could still be a tourist attraction in the historical oddities freak show.

By the way has the UK opened up any museum pin factories lately?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I get the point
you know you could be a Republic and the Queen could still be a tourist attraction in the historical oddities freak show.

1. what's the point in being a Republic if the royal family has no power?
2. Actually if she wasn't the queen people wouldn't come visit to see it.
jord

Diesel_dyk wrote:

jord wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I get the point

I don't like Republics, there's a reason. I don't want to be one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard