White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Hey guys, first thing's first before I begin let me just say that I am 100% motivated to exercise. I have been running every day for a few months until my weights bench got here and I can start a proper program. Any advice given will 100% by followed.

So to start I thought I would let you know what equipment I have.

Weights bench, can be made to be inclined or flat.
Weights - 40 kg of various weights.
Two Dumbbell bars
One long bar (for bench presses)
A floor

I have found a brilliant workout plan, but he uses an exercise ball which I don't have, and does band rows (Where you have two long bits of elastic and pull them)

Here is a link to his program which is brilliant: http://www.mensworkoutguide.com/home.html

If someone could go through week 1 - 2 and tell me what muscles each exercise uses... I could look up different versions that I could do without that equiptment.

I would really like to follow that guy's program.

Or

If anyone knows of an exercise plan involving those items I listed before, could they show me?

Cheers.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

oh come on with the damn exercise threads
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Try this or this
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Thanks Reaper, read through both of them. But as my thread states I am looking for the names of the muscles on that website that are used in the week one to two video.

Hopefully Sere or Hurricane can help out when they are on.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

work chest, triceps and shoulders on the same day, and biceps and back on the same day so that it's ok if the secondary muscles get worked that day, because your doing them anyway

separate those muscles that work a secondary muscle so that they are far enough apart not to over-train you ..... for example, do chest mon, triceps on wed, and shoulders fri... and biceps mon with chest, and back wed or fri

this is personally what I prefer, and do myself

do chest and triceps mon, and shoulders thurs, and back and biceps together on fri

Chest - flat bench press, incline bench press, flat bench dumbell flyes, incline dumbell flyes

Back - deadlift, bent over barebell roll

Biceps - standing barbell curls, seated & or standing dumbell curls

Shoulders - seated & or standing military press, shrugs

3 sets of the flat bench press - 1st set 10 - moderate weight, 2nd set 8 - heavier weight ( usually 10 more lbs) 3rd set 6 ( 10 more lbs )

The bench press is all about control of the weight. Don't lock your elbows at the top of the exercise, don't let the bar touch your chest and slowly lower the weight - control it

3 sets on the incline bench press ( same as flat )

also same as flat ---- control

2 sets of flat bench dumbell flyes  - here I like to do 20 each set

also same as flat ---- control .... and keep your wrists straight

3 sets of deadlift -- 1st set 10 ( go light and go slow, TECHNIQUE) 2nd set 8 ( little heavier maybe 10 lbs ) 3rd set set ( same weight )

if done incorrectly, you can be in a world of hurt ..... feet shoulder wideth apart, knees bent, bend your knees and lower your butt to reach the bar, look to the sky as you are lifting the weight

same for bent over barebell roll

* more to come later *
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Jesus thanks Sere
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

SEREMAKER wrote:

* more to come later *
Mind if I use this in the guide I'm putting together? Gonna post it later this week.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
listen to this man ^^^^

i am now doing the daily dozen, mixed with running every other day...

it kills, but its a hell of a way to start out the morning

remember, if it doesnt hurt like hell, then you arent doing it right...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

oh and abs .......... the rest of your body needs time to rest but not your abs ......... you can bust them everyday
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5779|Central Texas

SEREMAKER wrote:

oh and abs .......... the rest of your body needs time to rest but not your abs ......... you can bust them everyday
Same for your Jimmy.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Sere this is what I will be doing for abs each day.

chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Whiplash wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Same for your Jimmy.
Lol. Don't bust your jimmy. It needs TLC.

Forearms and calves can go everyday too.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Whiplash wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Same for your Jimmy.
his name is longdong

and someone does the thrashing for me

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

White-Fusion wrote:

yeah his got a good routine going there ............ also you have your bench, use it for abs ...... everything on that vid, do it while balancing on the bench ... you"ll get double the effect
just place yourself in the middle with one hand at the " head of the bench " and one at the " foot of the bench "
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

yeah his got a good routine going there ............ also you have your bench, use it for abs ...... everything on that vid, do it while balancing on the bench ... you"ll get double the effect
just place yourself in the middle with one hand at the " head of the bench " and one at the " foot of the bench "
Like side on ? or the way I would lie if I did a bench press?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

White-Fusion wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

side .............. be kinda like if you sat down on the bench like you're getting ready to bench but rotated 90 degrees
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

side .............. be kinda like if you sat down on the bench like you're getting ready to bench but rotated 90 degrees
So just my arse is on the seat?

How will that build more muscles than on the floor?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon

White-Fusion wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

you have to balance while doing it, which will force you to use your abs more.
get ready to feel like you are going to shit your pants 24/7 for a few weeks
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

White-Fusion wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

its all in the balancing ............ you will push your muscles harder to keep yourself balanced on that bench then you would on the floor

its like the exercise ball ............... that thing is fantastic for getting cut, all the balancing you have to do while lifting the weight ... its double the fun
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

SEREMAKER wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its all in the balancing ............ you will push your muscles harder to keep yourself balanced on that bench then you would on the floor

its like the exercise ball ............... that thing is fantastic for getting cut, all the balancing you have to do while lifting the weight ... its double the fun
I see that's obvious when you think about it.

I am wanting to follow the 16 week program on that guy's website. It really will work, and I'm motivated to do it. But I don't have the elastic thing to pull and the exercise ball. I was wanting someone to go through it and offer up ideas of other things to do there. But it might be easier to just get the ball and the band. Will be £20 off ebay.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

You got anyone there with you to spot you ????
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Nope will be done from home, I am a safe person though. After 8 weeks I will be moving this into the gym with my best friend, as the weights get heavier etc.

Found the band and ball for £15 so I will get them when I can and start this 16 week system.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

just giving you some friendly advice .......... I know guys that have been going to the gym for only few weeks but their form is terrible and without coaching that could have easily hurt themselves ( they were also tossing up weight to quick )

its best to just take easy and go light till someone can critique your form or if you can make a vid and I can give you some pointers
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6218|Phoenix, AZ
Now I dont feel like typing a lot, but Ill tell you what you can do to work your arms like hell using a bench and floor

I weigh 145lbs (about 65.7kg) and I can bench 170lbs (77kg) so im balanced, and this at the end of it, still fucking kills me. (Not bragging)

Your going to do 10 reps (or maybe like 6 or 7 to start out) and 3 sets of each... The order sort of matters, but either way it will still get the job done
Ill list them and then explain what they are and what they work

~ Elevated torso pushup
~ Elevated leg pushup
~ Triceps pushup

~Elevated torso pushup (whatever you want to call them)
it should be at least 2 feet high though, about the height of a chair

Your going to put your hands on it, straighten your back, keep your hands shoulder length apart, you should be so that when you touch the bench, right below your nipples (a few cm) should be touching, go all the way and touch, and come back to where your arms are straight, do this X amount of times then switch

~Triceps Pushup
This one is difficult to understand, and if done improperly wont work anything...

your going to put your hands on the bench or surface so your hands are facing out, on the corner and your thumbs are pointed to each other, forming L's, now scooch as close to the bench as possible, keep legs together, dip all the way down so (preferably) till your ass hits the ground (your back should be barely touching the bench, but at the same time not impeding movement) go as low as your arms can, come up, dont move your legs, get your arms to a straight angle, then go back down, do this X amount of times.

~Elevated leg pushup (this is where you really feel the last two)

This is simple, keep your back straight, put your feet on the bench, so your on your toes, a few cm from the corner of the bench, so your ankles dont hit the bench (for good form) put your hands on the floor, and do a pushup... REMEMBER! BACK STRAIGHT! If its bent you wont get the full

Now do that twice more

But really for anyone thats a really good way to work ALL of your arms and some core

Edit: Remember, it doesnt mean what weight you use, work out to work out, not to feel like your awesome because you can bench 140lbs in a second... Lets put it this way, no matter what im benching (regularly) I always go at the same rate (unless im struggling or maxing)   Slow and steady, remember that, proper form and taking it slower will benefit you SO much more... People make fun of me because they think that im weak because I curl so slowly, while they swing their back and arm when curling to look badass... Straight back, slow easy movement, dont move the elbow, dont arch the back.

Last edited by GodFather (2008-09-09 21:53:48)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

SEREMAKER wrote:

just giving you some friendly advice .......... I know guys that have been going to the gym for only few weeks but their form is terrible and without coaching that could have easily hurt themselves ( they were also tossing up weight to quick )

its best to just take easy and go light till someone can critique your form or if you can make a vid and I can give you some pointers
I will be following the videos on this program very closely, and doing exactly as he does.

I will film myself doing them and link you to them if you like, as your right. I don't want to hurt myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard