Gunney
+0|6695|NYC
Whats really funny is he says that the Light Mchine Guns houldnt be so accurate yet he wants reality. The Reality is light machine guns are extremely accurate when fired at long ranges in short bursts. Also if you wany reality most pistols unless heavily modified dont see action beyond 50-75 meters.

As for the body armor, well that I cant really say, whether its USMC standard Interceptor body armor with or without the SAPI plates, but I will say one thing most modern light all the way to heavy body armor SWAT teams use can easily take a full magazine of 9mm ammo that the 92F shoots. So with that being said you would have assault and support guys running around immune to pistols rounds unless you hit them in their extremities or a well placed headshot, within that operational range of said pistol.

Just my 2 cents.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6770

Gunney wrote:

Whats really funny is he says that the Light Mchine Guns houldnt be so accurate yet he wants reality. The Reality is light machine guns are extremely accurate when fired at long ranges in short bursts. Also if you wany reality most pistols unless heavily modified dont see action beyond 50-75 meters.

As for the body armor, well that I cant really say, whether its USMC standard Interceptor body armor with or without the SAPI plates, but I will say one thing most modern light all the way to heavy body armor SWAT teams use can easily take a full magazine of 9mm ammo that the 92F shoots. So with that being said you would have assault and support guys running around immune to pistols rounds unless you hit them in their extremities or a well placed headshot, within that operational range of said pistol.

Just my 2 cents.
SAPI (plates) are Level IV mate, capable of taking up to 7.62x39 (or maybe 7.62x54). Should have no problems dealing with 9mm. HOWEVER, each successive shot compromises the integrity of the body armor and there is pain, bruising, and even fractures when you are shot at with body armor. It simply prevents death.
Gunney
+0|6695|NYC
Well that just makes my point even further. If he wanted ingame body armor to act as its real life counterpart USMC infantry with body armor would be able to take hits from the 9mm MP5, Type 85 and the MEC PP-19 and still keep going, and as you said he could also take multiple hits from the AK-47 (7.62x39) and the SVD (7.62x54R) until his ceramic plates cracked. Sure some of the unlocks in real life are designed to beat body armor like the P90 can defeat NATO CRISAT armor (20 layers of kevlar and a 1.6mm titanium plate), and the Chinese QBZ-95/Type 95 assault rifle fires a hyper-velocity 5.8x42mm round. So I guess there are some ways to combat the SAPI plates and such.

It would simply just add to people complaining if they turned this game into a reailty game. I will admit it would be more interesting seeing a single tandem warhead tear apart a Abrams, and 700+ meter sniper shots, it would just take time for people to adjust.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
The PLA is 3 million plus strong (active), it does exist

A grain of sand will NOT fuck the M16 up

sapi plates are effective up to 7.62 X 39mm. Ive seen it with my own two eyes so if you say otherwise, you dobt know exactly what your talking about.  Even the kevlar is pretty bullet proof, i have even seen a buddy of mine take a direct sniper hit to his KEVLAR (had to be AK) and he got up up a minute later with a concussion and a black eye
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
and light machine guns are not meant to to be accurate.  The purpose of an MG is not to kill but to keep the enemies heads down so the rifle squad could A. leap, bound and flank, or B.  Take out enemy one by one or C. clear a room really fast really effectively.  when you fire an MG you are not specifically aiming at a point target, but an area target.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
I wan't to post right now, not all service members are like him...

I servered in the army as infantry for the U.S. Army and I honestly don't give a shit of this games realism. I play this game for FUN. Not to sense realism. Plus dude if you'r going marines my recomendation is play this game for fun not for realism. Because your going to be seeing alot of realism soon enough... And it wont be pretty...
-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6637|Manchester UK

DarkObsidian wrote:

I am writing to EA Games and demanding that Battlefield 2 is fixed.
Though you may not agree with me, if thats the case, do not post.
I'm aware it's a game, but when you take things from real life, you need to portray them as they should be.
However, those of you who do agree, please send an email to EA demanding what we deserve.
My letter:
"To whom it may concern:

I am an American citizen, a future Marine, and a proud grandson of one.
However, there are MANY problems that need to be addressed in Battlefield 2.
Your team has released unacceptable bugs and glitches, but thats not my focus at the moment.
The standing of the game is disrespectful, not only to the United States of America, but the United States Marine Corps.
This is unacceptable.
I have included a list of the following things that need a change:
1. The SCAR-L, M16A2, M4A1, SRAW, M249, Beretta 92F and 92FS need to be redone.
They are inaccurate and ineffective in Battlefield 2 and this is unacceptable, these are some of the finest firearms ever created.
Need specifics? Please email me back.
2. Body armor can take far too much damage, especially at close range.
3. Humvees are weak and slow, in which it's real life counterpart are neither.
4. The M1A2 tank's armor is disgraceful, it's the strongest tank ever created.
5. The PKM and RPK are insanely accurate, which they should not.

I understand that this is a game and balance is required.
However, if you're making a game based on real life, it should reflect real life.
You insult this great country we live in, and the men and women who fight for it.
If this continues, I will boycott this game, and EA Games.
Though I would prefer not to, I demand respect for my country."
ffs its only a game. And how can a bloody game insult a country. also it sounds like you love ure country to much (not tht its a bad thing) USA this , insulting america and all tht crap. Dont like it find another game
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Plus you know what you patriotic ass, What about china? They deserve our respect too then. So I say we give them the correct weaponry they use with the correct accuracy and I say we should allow china to have the ability to stack a team 500 - 1 US soldier. After all, you DO want realism right?

I am patriotic but fuck dude its a GAME.
herrr_smity
+156|6625|space command ur anus

DarkObsidian wrote:

I'm aware it's a game, but when you take things from real life, you need to portray them as they should be.
However, those of you who do agree, please send an email to EA demanding what we deserve.
My letter:
"To whom it may concern:

Your team has released unacceptable bugs and glitches, but thats not my focus at the moment.
The standing of the game is disrespectful, not only to the United States of America, but the United States Marine Corps.
This is unacceptable.
They are inaccurate and ineffective in Battlefield 2 and this is unacceptable, these are some of the finest firearms ever created.

However, if you're making a game based on real life, it should reflect real life.
You insult this great country we live in, and the men and women who fight for it.
LOL LOL LOL you live in the usa and think that the us armed forces have all the best stuff in the world this is not tru NOT BY A LONG SHOT.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I once killed a sniper at 400m with an RPK while parachuting out of a wounded chopper. Yes, I would have to say that materiel is rather ill-represented in BF2, but what successful game aims for complete realism? Surely old gamers would recall the flop that the old title featuring tetanus was...

Technically, the largest problem in the game isn't equipment but player tactics.

To DarkObsidian: after clicking on the Clan forum today, these guys caught my eye. You might be interested: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=14906

They're by no means the only clan like this, but it could be interesting.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-07 08:11:10)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6745|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

DarkObsidian wrote:

My letter:
"To whom it may concern:

This is unacceptable.

you sound racist
Mike_J
+68|6666

herrr_smity wrote:

LOL LOL LOL you live in the usa and think that the us armed forces have all the best stuff in the world this is not tru NOT BY A LONG SHOT.
oh, and i suppose the Netherlands does?  we do in fact have the best equipment in the world.  our small arms that are standard issue right now may not be the most cutting edge and best stuff around, but once our newer stuff does replace those weapons we will once again have the best small arms on the planet.  now, you refered to everything the US armed forces has as not being the best stuff.  you mean to say that there are countries that have better aircraft, artillery, ships, etc.?  the only other countries that come close are our major allies like Britain and Australia, which practically use the same technology as us.  so please, inform me as to who has military equipment as a whole better than ours by a "long shot."

Tyferra wrote:

Don't be all so high and mighty. You sound like a pompous whiney kid.

Edit: Very few people 'respect' America.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-03-05 05:30:45)
he does sound like a pompous whiney kid.  he actually has no idea as to how far this game would have to go for realism.  i'd like to see 4 people trying to control an Abrams.  lol.  oh and to add to your "very few people respect America...it should state "politically very few people respect America."  the governments of other countries dislike us, not the people (for the most part).

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-03-07 08:38:59)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6706|Charlie One Alpha

Mike_J wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

oh, and i suppose the Netherlands does?
herrr_smity
    Stats - XFire

He's from, NORWAY. Not the Netherlands, you fucking idiot.

I AM from the Netherlands and our military uses the Diemaco C7, which is basically the Canadian variant of the M16, the Minime which is a modified M249SAW, our airforce uses apaches and chinooks, so I would say our stuff is about as good as yours.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-03-07 08:41:47)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Cpl_Dillon
+0|6623|Illinois
A problem that I have with this young future Marine is that he needs to take the time to get more facts on his weapons, or at least wait until he gets to actually use one for awhile.  I don't know much about the SCAR-L or the SRAW, but as a former Marine (0311), I can tell you that the rest of the list are definitely NOT the finest weapons ever made. I carried a SAW (M249) for 2 years while serving in "B" Co 1/5, and as any infantry Marine knows, the "pig" jams WAY too much. The M16A2 is a pretty accurate rifle, as long as you maintain proper cleaning of the weapon, however, get it down and dirty crawling through the jungle or desert and you don't have time to clean it before a fire fight and you are going to be in a world of hurt. Comepare that to its counterpart the AK. You can drag that thing through the worst kind of sludge and even run it over, and while not nearly as accurate as the M16A2, especially beyond 300 meters, it is MUCH more durable. The Beretta, also, not that great of a sidearm, too many stove pipes. It all comes down to how the government works, which is this: Lowest Bidder Wins. That's how Colt gets US government contracts and not H&K. I would take anything made by H&K over any of the above weapons listed. I know that he's proud of being an American and all but don't let that cloud your judgement on the quality of the weapons. That's just like saying Ford and Chevy make the best vehicles in the world, simply because they are American.

I agree partly with what he said about the Hummer. It's definitely too slow, but then so are the terrorist vans for the MEC and armored vans for the Chinese. I don't agree with them being weak. A .50 cal will rip that thing in half, and I don't even have to tell you what an AT rocket will do to it.

All I'm saying is, kid, take the time to talk to people who actually USE the weapons, and I don't mean pogues that are in the Marines or Army, that sit behind a desk and get to shoot once a year. I mean talk to the guys whose lives depend on the quality of the weapons and see what they say. The reason why these weapons SOUND good is because you have American Marines and soldiers firing them, not because they are actually "the finest firearms ever created."
Mike_J
+68|6666

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Mike_J wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

herrr_smity
    Stats - XFire

From, NORWAY. Not the Netherlands, you fucking idiot.
I AM from the Netherlands and our military uses the Diemaco C7, which is basically the Canadian variant of the M16, so I would say our stuff is about as good as yours.
I went off of trying to remember what his country said.  I appologize.  I can't see why you'd get so offended from a simple error.  You know that error I made is besides the point I was making.  You're a fucking idiot.  Although I like your type.  Many Americans seem to not take offense to stuff like this because had they did, they'd have Europeans criticizing them up the ass.  Not that they don't already.
kn0ckahh
+98|6736|netherlands, sweet lake city
yeah come on lets make america an unbeatable team ... because else its disrespectfull.....
i mean no one would play on mec side anymore .... m16s would jam ... you need feul for tank youll need lanndings for extra bombs and chinese and mec would have some better camouflage and the american army better guns it woulnd be an hinest match .....
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6706|Charlie One Alpha

Mike_J wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Mike_J wrote:

herrr_smity
    Stats - XFire

From, NORWAY. Not the Netherlands, you fucking idiot.
I AM from the Netherlands and our military uses the Diemaco C7, which is basically the Canadian variant of the M16, so I would say our stuff is about as good as yours.
I went off of trying to remember what his country said.  I appologize.  I can't see why you'd get so offended from a simple error.  You know that error I made is besides the point I was making.  You're a fucking idiot.  Although I like your type.  Many Americans seem to not take offense to stuff like this because had they did, they'd have Europeans criticizing them up the ass.  Not that they don't already.
I'm sorry, I just had a bad day so I got pissed, even though it wasn't really called for. However I don't quite understand what you're trying to say with the last bit, Americans seem not to take offense to what exactly?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Mike_J
+68|6666

LaidBackNinja wrote:

I'm sorry, I just had a bad day so I got pissed, even though it wasn't really called for. However I don't quite understand what you're trying to say with the last bit, Americans seem not to take offense to what exactly?
Well I hope your day improves.  Maybe ya should hop on BF2 right now and drown some of that anger.  lol.  In fact, I've got about a half hour.  Maybe we should both hop on.  lol.  About the "offense thing," I mean to say it seems that if an American is quick to take offense to minor things about his/her country, others are quick to judge and say things like "oh you arrogant jingoistic American."  "You think you're so good" and so on.  I see that quite often.  In fact, I saw that alot when I used to post at Planet Battlefield.  I remember some British member even made a sarcastic remark pointing this out.  In a topic discussing flags, where people were praising their country's flags, the guy made a joking comment stating that American members weren't allowed to praise their flag, cause' someone would probably end up criticizing them.

edit:  but keep in mind i'm not defending people that really are jingoistic types.

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-03-07 10:07:08)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
mike_j what unit you in, i left hood 6 months ago
DuVeL
+2|6666|New Gitland, the Netherlands
Just check for the realistic Mod. I've played it several times allready before and it's more difficult. Just do a search on this forum about Realistic Mod and you'll find my post.
Mike_J
+68|6666

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

mike_j what unit you in, i left hood 6 months ago
1/22 IN  4th ID

Hey didn't you mention before that you were in 1st Cav?  My dad was in 1st Cav...13th Signal for some time.  He actually retires in 3 months too.

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-03-07 10:08:00)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
yup i was in 2-7 cav till they changed it to 1-12 cav.  When we got back from iraq they moved us over to those really nice barracks next to the soldier center, before that we were at the crummy ones across the street from popeyes
Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine
Cpl_Dillon
Good , clever post .
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
I remember holding on to a couple of M-16 that said fabrique national on them when i was in
fungus020
+0|6770|London - England
but it isn't real life

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard