Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

Kmarion wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oh geez.. it looks like rain and flying lawn chairs next week.

https://i36.tinypic.com/2ly4r9e.jpg
https://i34.tinypic.com/30nj1xh.jpg
good news.
For you maybe.  Tomorrow I will likely boarding up the house, and maybe a little packing.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

^^Yea well..

Pug wrote:

I still can't figure out why God hates Florida.  Sorry dude.
Sorry dude
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pug
Well, I went to a meeting this morning and a dude said Ike is hitting Brownsville, Texas (on the border).  He's an exec with the power grid so he's hooked in.

However, every freaking map I see has landfall in Corpus Christi - right over my house.  I've zoomed in, and the hurricane path is currently about 3 miles south of my house.

Great...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
That thing is literally ripping Cuba apart
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

https://i33.tinypic.com/11v0314.png

The latest track.
https://i38.tinypic.com/28sqwix.jpg

https://i38.tinypic.com/2evdquo.jpg
1st landfall over Cuba. Courtesy of NASA.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
I'm just gonna hunker down.  I lost my house to the flood of '79, surfed Alicia in '83, slept through Andrew, Allison, and lost a car to the "Great Rita Evac".  I'm done running. 

KJ
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

The track keeps shifting south.. u be aight.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Dirty side always gives better breakers, just gotta watch out for flotsam.  With it headin south I might get 6-8 ft waves coming my way.  Gotta break out the sex wax and start polishin the board!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
So what's after Ike

Josephine couldn't even make the cut
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Katrina

lawl
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
why do you guys live down there when every year theres a chance you might not return to a home?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

So what's after Ike

Josephine couldn't even make the cut
Arthur
Bertha
Cristobal
Dolly
Edouard
Fay
Gustav
Hanna
Ike
Josephine

Kyle
Laura
Marco
Nana
Omar
Paloma
Rene
Sally
Teddy
Vicky
Wilfred
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

goddammit cryle

and cool, there could be a hurricane me 7 after this kyle comes about

Last edited by cowami (2008-09-09 13:35:19)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Kptk92 - Housing is dirt cheap, insurance covers hurricanes, and people are generally nicer than some of the other places I could live in.  If a 'cane wipes out my house, I can build another, it's that cheap.  After going thru one good storm, you learn to protect the material items that you value the most.  The rest can be replaced.  Survival is an attitude.

KJ
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
well i wouldnt want to go back and see my house destroyed
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I wouldn't want to see my car destroyed but I still take it out of the garage. The weather is usually good. It's just the summer storms that can be annoying.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Amen Kmarion.... Amen.

KJ
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

kptk92 wrote:

why do you guys live down there when every year theres a chance you might not return to a home?
I always wonder this. And why people set up cities in those areas, I think it just has to do with the profit potential of those areas.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville
Wow, my dad is Flying in to Houston tommorow. damn I hope it drops down to Mexico. He will be in Houston till the end of the week.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Roc18 wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

I always wonder this. And why people set up cities in those areas, I think it just has to do with the profit potential of those areas.
doesnt make sense.  there is no industry down there at all.  you have to pay a trucker out the ass to deliver something to miami.  then he will take anything just to gtfo.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

usmarine wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

doesnt make sense.  there is no industry down there at all.  you have to pay a trucker out the ass to deliver something to miami.  then he will take anything just to gtfo.
Oil? Other than that I agree with you, I cant find another reason for a city to be in those prone areas.

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-09-09 16:20:03)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

well maybe oil.  the only good season for industry is produce season.
Pug
Well, we are sitting around waiting for a possible evac order.  My kids' school was cancelled tomorrow.  The wife's flying back early to help...so I'm gonna pack them up and send them ahead of me tomorrow morning.  I've met with my staff to discuss what they need to do before the end of today, and what to do when we get an evac order.  Plus there's a filing deadline Monday for corporate returns.  So I'll need to file those before the deadline...

If it lands where currently projected, Ike will make landfall about 25 miles north east of my house Saturday morning.  So I'll have a half day tomorrow at work getting the office ready (moving the equipment) and then gettting the house ready.  I'll probably send my family out of town tomorrow night and then follow Friday morning.

In addition, my neighbors called from Europe, asking me to help their parents and kids get out of town.  So in addition to my own house, I'm going to help a 92 year old lady with her house, my neighbors' house, and help them hit the road.  I am not looking forward to a 2 hour drive to San Antone with a 92 year old who's got a touch of dementia.

My house is one block from the Bay, and there's a 25 foot bluff leading down to it.  So I'm not in a flood zone.  My house was built in 1920, so it'll still be there after this is over.  Maybe without a roof, but it'll still be there.

Anyway, I'll be busy...later fellas.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Pug - Where are you at in TX? I'm sure I've asked before but I don't remember.

KJ - Webster, TX (South Houston)
Pug

Kung Jew wrote:

Corpus
Pug

Kung Jew wrote:

Revised the storm track.  Head straight for Corpus and then hooking over to Matagorda Bay.  I have to leave either way: the "hook" happens when it's six hours from landfall.

If it hits there, I'm on the low tide side, I wouldn't like to be where you are (or where I am for that matter either)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard