ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Now we've made it clear to lowing that we all do, I think the forum should be a lot simpler.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165
Prepare to be amazed.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Epic showdown thread commencing
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I'm a Euro trash liberal faggot, I also hate America. Also I can't wait for the Russians and Muslims to come here and take over Europe.

Sidenote: I'm not even a liberal (fuck labels) but I like this game thread
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
Im a moderate that has been called a right wing hawk conservative republican as well a bleeding heart liberal democrat.
san4
The Mas
+311|6686|NYC, a place to live
OP has no content. What evidence does lowing think he has that liberals hate America and why is his interpretation incorrect?
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5900|MN
because Liberals = Communism .  Communism = FAIL .
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165

Schittloaf wrote:

But Conservatives = Fascism.  Fascism = FAIL too.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
I love america.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

God Save the Queen wrote:

Im a moderate that has been called a right wing hawk conservative republican as well a bleeding heart liberal democrat.
Same here. I don't think lowing or any of the other blind conservatives/liberals understand that being moderate is a mix of the two sides.
God Save the Queen
Banned
fascism and communism are not mutually exclusive
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85

don't kid yourself
God Save the Queen
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

don't kid yourself
whats that mean?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ

Schittloaf wrote:

there is a wise one among us

muahahahahahahaha
ƒ³
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5900|MN

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Schittloaf wrote:

But Conservatives = Fascism.  Fascism = FAIL too.
no communism failed ... er cold war!  still fails to this day .  capitalism = freedom
Flaming_Maniac

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

don't kid yourself
whats that mean?
I mean you are no more a moderate than anyone else here, and nutjobs on both sides calling you an agent of the other doesn't mean you fall in the middle.

People who label themselves moderates are more annoying in much the same way atheists can easily be more annoying about their religious views than religious people. A moderate is not morally superior by claiming to fall between two extremes, especially when many moderates take their moderation to extremes.
God Save the Queen
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

don't kid yourself
whats that mean?
I mean you are no more a moderate than anyone else here, and nutjobs on both sides calling you an agent of the other doesn't mean you fall in the middle.

People who label themselves moderates are more annoying in much the same way atheists can easily be more annoying about their religious views than religious people. A moderate is not morally superior by claiming to fall between two extremes, especially when many moderates take their moderation to extremes.
well I completely disagree with that FM.  I dont think you have any right in the world to tell me how my beliefs are categorized.  Im a bit insulted.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

don't kid yourself
whats that mean?

I don't see any moderate here trying to hold themselves superior over others.

Superior to people like lowing? Sure. To a general democrat or republican who's not blind? Nope.
God Save the Queen
Banned
people that let political affiliation decide how they should feel about issues is the opposite of moderate.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

people that let political affiliation decide how they should feel about issues is the opposite of moderate.
Exactly. Like I said, like lowing.

Politics is sort of reminding me of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry at this point..

Edit: I choose where I stand based on my own moral obligations. For example, I'm a staunch supporter of Israel, yet I won't deny that they've done some bad shit.

I'm not going to let either party tell me how to think.

Only reason I'm rooting for Obama is because I agree with him more than I agree with McCain.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-09-07 12:11:23)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Well, ghetto, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
God Save the Queen
Banned

Poseidon wrote:

Only reason I'm rooting for Obama is because I agree with him more than I agree with McCain.
Im rooting for him because he's black
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Poseidon wrote:

Im rooting for him because he's black
well that's a way to go too I suppose
God Save the Queen
Banned
kill whitey
Flaming_Maniac

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

whats that mean?

well I completely disagree with that FM.  I dont think you have any right in the world to tell me how my beliefs are categorized.  Im a bit insulted.
You have no right to put a label on yourself, only other people can do that. Someone can't hold mostly liberal tendencies and then call themselves a moderate, or vice versa. That person would be labeling themselves based on how they wish others to perceive them, not their actual political leanings, and saying you're a moderate is possibly one of the coolest things to say. Right behind calling Bush and idiot.

You can be insulted all you want, but until you prove that you see both sides on the vast majority of issues and find the solution somewhere in the middle (because after all that is what being a moderate means - not agreeing with different sides on different issues, but finding the solution between what both sides offer on issues) then you don't get to wear the cool kid label.

Poseidon wrote:

I don't see any moderate here trying to hold themselves superior over others.

Superior to people like lowing? Sure. To a general democrat or republican who's not blind? Nope.
lol?

It's pretty awesome when people make your argument for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard