r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

PES08 was probably worst football game. Frame rate problems, graphics, online...well everything. From what I can see, PES09 looks similar, with slight improvements.

Now, FIFA09. EA claims that they have sorted the slow gameplay and the responsiveness of the passing and shooting, and now we can use the d-pad to dribble.

The animations of the players and the graphics looks awesome too.

Gameplay of FIFA09

Gameplay of PES09

BTW, the demo of FIFA09 is on the 9th of September (PS3 and 360).
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5832
PC or console???

i only have the wii for console so i won't buy on that.

but on PC Fifa 09 will have next gen graphics but PS2/PC gameplay, so old gameplay but new graphics.

im going to get Pro Evo 2009 because it has a new mode called "become a legend" which seems better than Fifa's "be a pro"

Last edited by rammunition (2008-08-26 05:18:47)

r'Eeee
+311|6419

I'm talking about the PS3 and 360. I am surprised, they didn't improve the gameplay for the PC version. I can understand the wii and the PS2, but PC...
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
FIFA 09, I'm not getting PES, seeing as I played PES08 for 10 minutes and now it is gathering dust.
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland

kptk92 wrote:

FIFA 09, I'm not getting PES, seeing as I played PES08 for 10 minutes and now it is gathering dust.
QFT, PES08 was a huge disappointment, one of the worst football games in a while, plus the gameplay jus generally pissed me off
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma
PES forever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK

kptk92 wrote:

PES?

WHY?!

FIFA > PES

FIFA can actually use real names.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6413|Stealth City, UK
From what I've seen, and to be honest its not a lot, Pro Evo looks to be stuck in a big rut. http://kotaku.com/5039795/first-real-pr … ay-footage just seems to shows PES 2008 but with a little bit of an update in graphics. In my opinion it needs a whole new engine, not just a tweak every year.

Im going with Fifa this time round, and I haven't done that for the last 4 years.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

The propaganda is so strong here that I'm gonna buy Fifa too
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland
dun dun dun

9/10 for fifa, if pro evo is anything like last years shiteration I'll def get fifa

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/fifa-09/n … 6352862097
ParadoXic
+11|5705|Vancouver, Canada
... I'm still playing Fifa 04 on my PC. '99 was awesome too if I remember correctly.
I actually haven't really been up to date with the newer ones for any console or PC.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

How are they even different? I hate them both equally.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Feefa for PC fo shizzle
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I haven't got a football game since Fifa 04 I think, hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe, maybe..
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
FIFA 09, I've been playing FIFA 08 recently. Should be good :>
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

jord wrote:

I haven't got a football game since Fifa 04 I think, hmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe, maybe..
Heh. I had Fifa 2000 if I remember correctly Or was it -98. Dunno. Remember one of the last times I played a footbal game tho. It was in the army in -98 between some WC games against our sarge. The guy was a complete footie nutcase and he was singing "Shearer, Shearer" during the England games And since it was his PS, he had played the game for who knows how long and he humiliated me with every single crappy team he played with. He let me choose Holland, Germany, Brasil and whatever country and he used the teams from the bottom. I lost every game The man had British and Finnish citizenship. I think his mom was from the UK. Great guy.
r'Eeee
+311|6419

The demo for both will be on the PS store and XBL this coming Thursday. Nice way to compare the two.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/09/0 … ease-date/ - PES09

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa … dated.html - FIFA09

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-09-07 09:47:24)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Biased much?

PES2008 was not that bad. It was still amazingly fun to play and had what PES has always had: realistic gameplay. Yes, they fucked up big time compared to the other versions, but it wasn't a failure of a game. It was brilliant. Yes, online sucked, master league sucked, presentation sucked and so did the extras... but it was still a solid game.

FIFA turned into a real simulation with 08, making it slower and a much more precise game. It was the complete opposite of PES. I never got into it because I never played it much, but I DID play Euro08 and I loved it. However, the slow gameplay was frustrating at times, and player responsiveness was bad. Graphics were lovely, but gameplay could have been improved a bit. Not saying that PES' was any better.

Of this year, FIFA probably takes the award. But you cannot judge the next edition with a "by the looks of it" comment. Both PES and FIFA have really put in a lot of effort for this release. Now, if you want all licensed teams/leagues, then I guess FIFA is the way to go; but if you want that, then you aren't a true football fan. You are a joke.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I thought FIFA 08 kicked the shit out of PES 08 but all my mates are hardcore PES fanboys (bigger than serge is a PS3 one) and refused to beleive that FIFA was a better game. Then again, it's all based on opinions. I liked FIFA 08 because it seemed more realistic, but they liked PES 08 because it was more like PES. Everyone forgets that PES was successful in the first place because it was much better/more realistic than FIFA at the time.

I hope PES 09 is actually better than FIFA 09, for the sake of being able to enjoy rounds of PES with my mates etc.. again because I really hated PES 08, I don't think it will be though.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Alright, after watching both... I really can't say.

FIFA has really done something with shooting - it's looking brilliant, to say the least.
Although, a few niggles.... Goalkeepers : They look quite terrible, tbh. Casillas nearly let in a howler by going out for no reason, and Coupet let in a front post pathetic goal. Your front post is like your dick, you protect it with your life, most keepers never make such a mistake. Another thing, it still seems a tad too slow... Good players ( like Torres ) still have a lot of difficulty running past slow defenders. I know that slower players = more realistic, but not allowing very good players to have the ability to "dribble" past defenders is not exactly realism.
Graphics look astounding, player reactions are great, animations look flawless, as usual. At last they have added fucking linesmen and referees. About time. Although, ball looks just a bit soft and "airy", bobbles way too much. Didn't see much skill, but through balls look like sex.

PES09 - Well, what can I say... Graphics have been improved, and quite a bit. Presentation is a tad nicer, although a bit too vectory for my liking.
Goal posts have been improved ( I remember how shit the nets were in the last one, it was disgusting ). Animations have been revamped, and if you can't see that, then something is wrong... Movement of players off the balls is smoother, as well as with goalkeepers ( the movement when making saves and when coming it is great, compared to the last one ). Ball still looks a bit heavier than FIFAs, although that may change.
Still, it does look a lot like 08. Shots are a bit too powerful from the looks of it, and running on the ball and dribbling is still a bit too easy ( there should be a medium between FIFAs "no dribble" ethic to PESs "dribble galore" one. ) Tackles look a bit bland and passing a bit too "floaty".

Right now, I couldn't say. I would give the hand to FIFA ( take note that I have every single PES since 3 ) but who knows...

This whole business of "player awareness" is true stupidity. The fact that players "put up their hands and partake in the gameplay whilst off the ball" is a bit goofy looking. FIFA09 players look like they are doing the "Heil Hitler" salute, and PES09 players look a bit distorted whilst doing it. Also, they seem to do it all the time, even when you are in defensive mode and deep in your own half. All a bit too "innovative" if you ask me.
r'Eeee
+311|6419

Zimmer wrote:

Biased much?

PES2008 was not that bad. It was still amazingly fun to play and had what PES has always had: realistic gameplay. Yes, they fucked up big time compared to the other versions, but it wasn't a failure of a game. It was brilliant. Yes, online sucked, master league sucked, presentation sucked and so did the extras... but it was still a solid game.

FIFA turned into a real simulation with 08, making it slower and a much more precise game. It was the complete opposite of PES. I never got into it because I never played it much, but I DID play Euro08 and I loved it. However, the slow gameplay was frustrating at times, and player responsiveness was bad. Graphics were lovely, but gameplay could have been improved a bit. Not saying that PES' was any better.

Of this year, FIFA probably takes the award. But you cannot judge the next edition with a "by the looks of it" comment. Both PES and FIFA have really put in a lot of effort for this release. Now, if you want all licensed teams/leagues, then I guess FIFA is the way to go; but if you want that, then you aren't a true football fan. You are a joke.
Not biased at all. I am actually a PES fan, but 08 was just crap.

Apart from the graphics, I talked about the gameplay too, FIFA always suffered from lack of response and a very slow gameplay, which I really hate. But as I said in the OP, EA claimed that they have solved the problem. And, if that's true, then that's great.

I agree about the last paragraph though.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Oh shi-
News in for PES09.... The top 4 Premiership teams will be licensed. That is : Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

There is going to be an OFFICIAL Champions League competition on PES09.

Here is the god awful news, the news that made me cry inside :

La Liga has rumours that it wont be fully licensed, and that certain teams will only be partly licensed. This is awful. They always had such a great detail in La Liga, and now it's down the drain. I just hope Barcelona and Madrid are fully licensed, as well as Valencia. It would be sad to see such great teams unlicensed, even though it wont change gameplay, it adds a certain spark when you are playing as those teams.

I'm not too bothered about licensing, but when PES09 put all this "supposed effort" in and then release that they have lost licenses, it already begins to disappoint.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

La Liga has rumours that it wont be fully licensed, and that certain teams will only be partly licensed. This is awful. They always had such a great detail in La Liga, and now it's down the drain. I just hope Barcelona and Madrid are fully licensed, as well as Valencia. It would be sad to see such great teams unlicensed, even though it wont change gameplay, it adds a certain spark when you are playing as those teams.

Zimmer wrote:

You are a joke.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
r'Eeee
+311|6419

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

You are a joke.
Lulz, noticed that.

Still:

Zimmer wrote:

I'm not too bothered about licensing, but when PES09 put all this "supposed effort" in and then release that they have lost licenses, it already begins to disappoint.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-09-07 12:07:51)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

PES has more realistic player movement and looks. UEFA 2008 did a better job than fifa in that department, but is still behind PES.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard