Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6426|The edge of sanity
I'm looking for some temporary relief from whatever it is (runny nose, congestion, very sore throat) until I can go to the doctor (lucky me I get fucking sick on a weekend).

So far I have tried:
Dayquil
Sore throat spray (works at the sore throat for about 30 mins)
NyQuil
Alkazelser Plus

I need something that will help me sleep cause none of this stuff is working.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Butter Menthols > real medicine.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN
Most of the nose spays work very well at the runny nose congestion thing.  As far the sore throat goes I think it called cepical or something.  Very strong throat lozenge.  When I used them I had to only keep it in my mouth for a minute or 2 and save it for later.  Strong stuff.  Good luck though.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5795
I feel your pain dude. I've had a really bad throat infection for the last 8 or so days. At first the doctors thought it was pneumonia and put me on the wrong antibiotics so it got real bad

Hope you get better.

Last edited by Mattimus (2008-09-07 03:34:01)

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Mattimus wrote:

I feel your pain dude. I've had a really bad throat infection for the last 8 or so days. At first the doctors thought it was pneumonia and put me on the wrong antibiotics :? so it got real bad

Hope you get better.
Thanks Man.

I was planning on getting some more of this stuff at the store tommorrow:

https://www.karlonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/theraflu-severe-cold-front.jpg

It kicked what I had last time outta my system.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Water and sleep.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma
A hot cup of tea or hot water of honey, helps you feel better.
Take some medicines and just sleep.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea
Oranges. LOTS!
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
For running nose:

Take an injection, remove the needle, fill it up with salt water, place it in nostril, apply full pressure.

For better results use more salt. It may hurt a little but after that you'll be ok. Temporarily, at least. Ive been doing that for over 6 years. Works every time.
BlackKoala
+215|6296
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

feels soooo weird but it works =/
Jepeto87
+38|6656|Dublin
Whiskey, the cause and solution to all problems.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Oranges. LOTS!
You do realize that vitamin C has no proven effect on sickness yet? For many it is just a placebo.

As for the OP - tea is good. Your body is losing heat and keeping it warm is good. If your stomach isn't feeling that great try having something with ginger (eg. ginger nuts) to settle it. As for the throat ... no ideas there, sorry.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
I took some Theraflu for my sore throat and it basiclly killed my sore throat. As for the sinus congestion, I am about to take some mucinex. I'll let you know how that goes.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Its called orange juice and water, keep you hydrated.
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
Vitamin C
BlackKoala
+215|6296

kylef wrote:

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Oranges. LOTS!
You do realize that vitamin C has no proven effect on sickness yet? For many it is just a placebo.

As for the OP - tea is good. Your body is losing heat and keeping it warm is good. If your stomach isn't feeling that great try having something with ginger (eg. ginger nuts) to settle it. As for the throat ... no ideas there, sorry.
who cares if it's placebo?  if it works (for me, it does) it works.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6434|meh-land
afrin

its super addictive tho so don't use it more than 2 or 3 nights in a row or you will regret it for the next couple days
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas
I find hot/spicy stuff clears my sinuses. Flamin' Hot Cheetos anyone?
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6423
This is gross, but it works......it's a sure fire way to open your sinuses so you can breath to go to sleep.  Afrin.  Here's the thing though, if your sinuses are slammed shut, you can't very well sniff Afrin up your nose.  Soooo....you soak the end of a Qtip in Afrin, and you stick it in your nose....ALL THE WAY.  I mean, until you can't see the Qtip anymore......just DON'T lose hold of it, or you'll end up in the hospital explaining why they have to extract a Qtip from your nose. 

Here's a tip though....most people assume their nasal passages go up, following the shape of your nose.  This isn't true....they go straight back.  So, you won't really be sticking the Qtip up your nose as much as you will be sticking it straight into your face.

Then, once your nasal passages start to open, take the hottest shower you can stand.   Or better yet, if you can make the water hotter than you can stand and just aim the nozzle away from your body, like at the wall of the shower so you can avoid getting scalded, and just chill out in the steam for a while.

A 12 hour Sudafed helps keep you open after that.

KiL

PS-  Seriously....extreme caution required.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng
Buckleys.
#rekt
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6339|Calgary, Canada

Mint Sauce wrote:

Buckleys.
It tastes awful. But it works.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
Slap yourself silly, and call yourself sally!(You'll slapped the cold right off!)
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Slap yourself silly, and call yourself sally!(You'll slapped the cold right off!)
Gay?
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

I <3 Nyquil
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

anti-biotics
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard