DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

11-year-old left home alone with access to weapons? Geez...

Not a hightech weapon too, it should not fire without a magazine
It doesnt matter if its hightech or not, once there is a round on the chamber, you cant get it out by just removing the mag.
Most semi-auto .22 rifles I have seen automaticaly put on safety lever (not sure if it's that in english?) when the magazine is detached. The gun will not fire even if it has a bullet ready.

kylef wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Read the article, lots of country kids have access to rifles ... "nothing unusual" I believe is what it says
I read it, and I know how it is. It however should not be like that. An 11-year-old should only touch a gun if he has an adult right near him. In Finland all guns must be held in a locked metal cabinet when they are not in use, by law. That way kids have no access.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-09-06 09:43:36)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
is it the parents fault? nope - the kid knew about the gun location and ammo and stuff

is it the games fault? nope - halo doesnt do any of that sort of stuff

is it the kids fault? - yes, but honestly who didnt pretend to play with guns when they were little - only difference is, he had one.

A tragic accident, thoughts go out to the family.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Dumbass forgot about the one in the camber.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada

FatherTed wrote:

is it the parents fault? nope - the kid knew about the gun location and ammo and stuff

is it the kids fault? - yes, but honestly who didnt pretend to play with guns when they were little - only difference is, he had one.

The parents could've locked the gun/ammo up.

But yeah...R.I.P.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

FatherTed wrote:

I don't know about that, leaving the gun and ammo in easy access of a child isn't all that responsible.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

FatherTed wrote:

both the parents and the kid are at fault
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

noob probably got tea-bagged like a bitch and decided he had enough!

Ok that was mean. I guess maybe the parents will learn to keep their guns and ammo in better places? And even though the kid had been using the gun a lot, they still obviously needed to teach better gun safety.
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine

FatherTed wrote:

It is entirely the parents fault. If your kid is a dumbass, don't leave guns where they can get them.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6706|US
I'm still trying to figure out how you unintentionally shoot yourself in the head with a rifle...?  Handgun maybe, but a rifle?!
Even youth rifles are decently long.  It wouldn't be easy to hit the trigger while holding it to your head...at least not by accident.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6159
Just another method nature uses to assure positive evolution, retards shoot themselves.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6328|Oregon
HI I'M AN AMERICAN AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS BECAUSE GUNS ARE TIGHT YEAH YEAH YEAH SO I'LL OWN A GUN EVEN WHEN I HAVE A CHILD IN THE HOUSE.

Tight. I love guns.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

DeathUnlimited wrote:

As long as the bullet is in the chamber it should be able to fire, and also I think the parents should of locked the ammunition in a place so the kid can't get access to it without permission.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Fucking hell. I blame the parents 100% for this.
It's not all their fault. Come on.

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Only in Wisconsin
It could happen anywhere, you should of said only in the country then it would sound better.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
1. always treat a gun as if it's loaded.
2. never put your finger on the trigger unless your ready to fire.
3. never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.
4. be sure of your target and what is behind it.
5. if your rifle has a safety, it will fail

He broke all the rules.  It was either a terrible accident or a successful suicide.  It was a failure of everything but the firearm.  His parents obviously did not teach him the rules, he obvously did not understand the rules.  I don't mean to sound heartless but, this is why I stress education.  guns will always exist, for better or worse, people need to know how to handle them safely, or not touch them at all.
i g
Banned
+876|5856|GA

War Man wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

As long as the bullet is in the chamber it should be able to fire, and also I think the parents should of locked the ammunition in a place so the kid can't get access to it without permission.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Only in Wisconsin
It could happen anywhere, you should of said only in the country then it would sound better.
k
War Man

i g wrote:

War Man wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Only in Wisconsin
k
By country I mean countryside.
i g
Banned
+876|5856|GA

War Man wrote:

i g wrote:

War Man wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

k
By country I mean countryside.
of course
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

War Man wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

The child was eleven years old. Had access to a gun, access to the ammo. Was clearly not taught proper gun control safety. Was clearly not under supervision. Should never have been in any of these situations with responsible parents. And you say the parents are completely faultless, should have no amount of blame placed upon them?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
Guns aren't as dangerous as people think they are after constantly hearing stories of this. I know a gun can easily kill somebody with a single shot, but these accidental shootings are just showing the ignorance of the person or even the parents for not teaching him how to use a gun. I've been to a shooting range a couple of times and the first time I took the class. They show you all the ins and outs for safety, and they actually made a big deal about this. If for whatever reason there is a ceasefire or you leave with live rounds still in the ground, the first thing you do is remove the magazine, then COCK IT TO RELEASE THAT LAST BULLET, and then put the gun down. They couldn't stress that enough and I never forgot about it. Guns are perfectly safe if the users are well educated.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland
I don't get why anyone thinks it is debatable that the parents are at fault; never mind gun safety, a kid that age should never have unsupervised access to a firearm, end of
Defiance
+438|6663

This is partially, and I only say partially because I don't want to sound like a dick and I wouldn't say it to them, the parent's fault.

1.) The gun belonged to him, the magazine was kept by his parents. They obviously knew about it.
2.) The gun was not locked up, like it should have been. Little kids are reckless, most of the time they don't get hurt but it happens and this could have easily been prevented.
3.) The parents did not check the gun after it was used last, presumably and hopefully by their side.
4.) The parents did not teach the kid proper safety. If they tried and he simply didn't get it, then they shouldn't let him have a gun.

A round was chambered and there was no way it could have been if these folks were very responsible.

That said. Best wishes to them all, and unfortunately accidents like this culminate from mistakes. I'm just sick of people pitying the parents when it comes time to figure out what went wrong.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land
one could partially rest the blame on the dad, someone had to put the magazine in, and take it out before it was done and left the bullet in

so really an err on the dad's part, and the kid was just young and stupid and didn't think twice about it
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland

Defiance wrote:

2.) The gun was not locked up, like it should have been. Little kids are reckless, most of the time they don't get hurt but it happens and this could have easily been prevented.
Exactly, even with the best efforts to teach him safety rules, what kind of 11 year old follows everything they are told?
War Man

TheAussieReaper wrote:

War Man wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

The child was eleven years old. Had access to a gun, access to the ammo. Was clearly not taught proper gun control safety. Was clearly not under supervision. Should never have been in any of these situations with responsible parents. And you say the parents are completely faultless, should have no amount of blame placed upon them?
I am not saying parents are faultless, it just isn't 100% their fault. The kid should know better.
Commie Killer
+192|6379
Its really no ones fault. The kid probably knew gun safety, and the parents obviously attempted to keep it away from him when he was unsupervised. It was just a stupid mistake, we make em all the time, it just so happens this one ended a life.
Defiance
+438|6663

Commie Killer wrote:

Its really no ones fault. The kid probably knew gun safety, and the parents obviously attempted to keep it away from him when he was unsupervised.
What, like put it in a cardboard box in the bottom of the closet? Bullshit.

If you own a gun, if you have kids, especially if you give a gun to your kid, you have a gun safe plain and simple, end of, period.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard