Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5750|loves Stimey <3 |
Y helo thar. I was going to ask you if you could give me any tips?
Around 6 months ago I was a bit overweight, now the most fat is gone and I want muscles (because there's a girl and yeah)

I never really had problems with girls but I just feel like the time has come to do something, just gotten 15 recently too.

If you have any tips regarding workouts - howmuch you do ect. and which exercices are useful for which body part - tell me please.

**Updates**

9/10/08:
Trying to run but can't really run longer than 15 mins in a row.
Doing ~30-50 situps a day but can only do 10 pushups...
Weight: 67kg/174cm

Started with (July): 77kg/168cm
My aim is to get something like 62 or 63kg cause I'm still growing and some acceptable abs and arm muscles.

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-09-10 09:49:09)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Y Hallo Thar.

Best advice is to train with weights.

If you want to up your endurance levels you ride a bike, jog, etc.

But for muscle building weight lifting is your best bet.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Y Hallo Thar.

Best advice is to train with weights.

If you want to up your endurance levels you ride a bike, jog, etc.

But for muscle building weight lifting is your best bet.
Umm. I'm quite good at biking but I get exthausted very fast when running, like, I can sprint for like 300 metres but after that I almost get an heartstop. I have to breath for like 5 mins and then I'm good to go again. My condition sucks I think.

What about stomach muscles? Push-ups? Howmuch?

Thank you though
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
rowing machine, it works cardio, back, arms, and legs, I row 4km every other day

Bench press for the chest and triceps, plus some additional weight training for anything you want to isolate.
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

cant go wrong with pushups and pullups
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Chest - push ups, bench press

Traps - shoulder shrug with dumbbells

Biceps - curls

Forearm - reverse curls (palms facing down)

Stomach - crunches, sit-ups

Lats - chin ups

Legs - squats, even walking helps
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5725
Bench press.
Chopping wood.
Push ups.
Leg press.
Bowflex
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

`MetaL* wrote:

this

and

get some buddies to go with you, the competition/assistance leads for a much better workout than when you go alone

also, working out at home doesn't work, too many distractions, and too easy to just walk away and watch TV.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

i g wrote:

cant go wrong with pushups and pullups
Thats what I do.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Qrite
sup g
+79|6145|Ohio
Chest- Bench Press, dumbell flye, dumbell press, incline dumbell press, decline dumbell press,
Shoulders- overhead press, dumbell overhead press, standing flye
Triceps- Press down, close grip bench press, dumbell kickback, overhead dumbell extension
Quads/ Calves- squat, leg press, calve machine
Back- row machine, dumbell rows, pull down, deadlift
Biceps- standing ez bar curl, standing dumbell curl, preacher curl, hammer curl
Traps- barbel shrug, dumbell shrug
Hams- leg curls
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

S.Lythberg wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

this

and

get some buddies to go with you, the competition/assistance leads for a much better workout than when you go alone

also, working out at home doesn't work, too many distractions, and too easy to just walk away and watch TV.
bad advice imo

if YOU want to work out, YOU do it

if you're letting other things distract you, then you must not really want to work out

spending money on a gym is dumb when you can do almost everything for free at home
specops10-4
+108|6713|In the hills

i g wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

this

and

bad advice imo

if you're letting other things distract you, then you must not really want to work out

spending money on a gym is dumb when you can do almost everything for free at home
Yup, thats true.  I just work out when I want to, and if I get distracted by something at home, I just get distracted becuase i know im not really in the mood.  I tend to just wait for a time when I actually want to work out, then I do a substantial workout (30-60 mins.) 

Also, dont watch those workout videos unless you are an aspiring body builder.  If you just want to get in shape, workout, and dont eat at Micky D's.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2008-09-06 09:18:40)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Hm. I advise staying far away from anything that isn't natural and that you cannot do without needing a specific machine.

Why? Because it slows down your growing process. Your muscles are still developing and are getting bigger every day ( you may not notice, but they are ) and if you start excercising those muscles, they were mature too quickly and you will stop growing and stay "small". If you don't want to grow much more and don't care about tired out muscles, then go ahead.

Advice? A lot of running, get your stamina up first. You need it by the look of it. Do press ups and sit ups as well. Make sure you tense as hard as possible when doing sit ups ( your stomach, abdominal area ) because if you don't stress your muscles doing so, then the excercise is pointless ( people think that just doing 50 "soft" sit ups will get them a six pack and good abdomen, it will not ).

S.Lythberg.... . Just because YOU can't excercise at home, doesn't mean other people can't. It just shows you don't have a strong will to do excercise. I can do it anywhere.

Make sure you don't do more than 40 minutes of work out a day and compensate it with good carbs ( pasta, wholemeal food ) and leave one day a week to rest. Do not, for one minute, think that if you pump for a few hours your muscles will get bigger. They will not. The muscle building process happens AFTER the workout, you need to let your muscles rest and that is when they regenerate and get bigger.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
I agree with Zimmer.

Look up the Airforce work-out thingy.
..I forgot what it's called.

It's a bunch of exercises you can do without any machines.

..and add to the advice: Do a certain amount of push-ups each day, and add one number after every day.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

Zimmer wrote:

Hm. I advise staying far away from anything that isn't natural and that you cannot do without needing a specific machine.

Why? Because it slows down your growing process. Your muscles are still developing and are getting bigger every day ( you may not notice, but they are ) and if you start excercising those muscles, they were mature too quickly and you will stop growing and stay "small". If you don't want to grow much more and don't care about tired out muscles, then go ahead.

Advice? A lot of running, get your stamina up first. You need it by the look of it. Do press ups and sit ups as well. Make sure you tense as hard as possible when doing sit ups ( your stomach, abdominal area ) because if you don't stress your muscles doing so, then the excercise is pointless ( people think that just doing 50 "soft" sit ups will get them a six pack and good abdomen, it will not ).

S.Lythberg.... . Just because YOU can't excercise at home, doesn't mean other people can't. It just shows you don't have a strong will to do excercise. I can do it anywhere.

Make sure you don't do more than 40 minutes of work out a day and compensate it with good carbs ( pasta, wholemeal food ) and leave one day a week to rest. Do not, for one minute, think that if you pump for a few hours your muscles will get bigger. They will not. The muscle building process happens AFTER the workout, you need to let your muscles rest and that is when they regenerate and get bigger.
Right. Thank you for the information. I'm actually 1,73m so yeah, I will hopefully get taller (my father is 1,93m so I'm not really worried) and I wasn't thinking about going to a gym or buying some senseless crap to perform some exercices.

My plan looks like:

Running twice a week
Doing sit-ups 3 sets a week, 3x3 times as hard as possible

I know that it'll take lots of work but I think I'm ready. I think I'll take a pic of my body to give me the possibility of checking my succes or failing in a few months. I don't eat nothing, I don't eat alot I just eat average I think- nothing for breakfast (a tea maybe), piece of bread at 10am, lunch at midday, maybe a banana shake at 4pm and 2 breads and maybe some kind of tomatoes and meat for dinner at 7pm-8pm

What do you think?
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

i g wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

this

and

bad advice imo

I can exercise anywhere but find I get more out of a gym. At home you get distracted, in a gym there is nothing to do but exercise. So that's all you do. Plus there's the working out with someone at a gym, which I haven't got space for at home.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
To build muscle you also need to eat

Don't starve yourself otherwise your workout will have proven to be pointless...protein and fat is needed so that muscles can be developed!

Having said all that I'd advise you to eat a lot of the right foods. Don't skip breakfast, lunch or dinner.

High protein foods or shakes are useful.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

jord wrote:

i g wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

this

and

bad advice imo

I can exercise anywhere but find I get more out of a gym. At home you get distracted, in a gym there is nothing to do but exercise. So that's all you do. Plus there's the working out with someone at a gym, which I haven't got space for at home.
At home it's far too easy to sit down for a second to rest and never come back

you can't do that at a gym
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5970
its easy, lift big, gain big
+
low reps, eat more
+
work every muscle out once a week for a full recovery
=
profit!!!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Don't starve yourself otherwise your workout will have proven to be pointless...protein and fat is needed so that muscles can be developed!

Having said all that I'd advise you to eat a lot of the right foods. Don't skip breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Not at his age. Protein shakes are out of the question.

If you want to build muscles, then have a good scrambled egg after every second workout ( you must be tired and fuck up afterwards, not a soft workout ). That will give you good carbs and a hig amount of protein. Make sure it's more than your normal intake, which would be 3 eggs instead of 2.

Don't only do sit ups, that will NOT give you a ribbed abdomen. You will need to do the bicycle reps as well ( look up on youtube, they show you how to do it ). You should also do press ups ( they will be hard to start with, but will get very easy over time ).
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
Use body weight only.
Sexy result NOT arnold.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

(you must be tired and fuck up afterwards, not a soft workout)
I'm gonna steal the thread for a second.

Should the muscle be sore or tired at the end of the workout? You mentioned something above about the muscle "repairing" itself to become bigger. Does it have to feel sore before it'll repair itself?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Work on your overall stamina as well. Cycling, running etc can really be beneficial to you I have noticed a significant stomach muscle increase after doing sit-ups everyday, but a cost of some major "side-headaches" (Google) so always relax your muscles after you have finished working out.

I can't remember who told me this, I know it was somewhere here ... but a pyramid technique works wonders. Start off just doing, say, 10 press-ups and 10 sit-ups. The next day, do 11. Then 12. Then 13.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Not at his age. Protein shakes are out of the question.

If you want to build muscles, then have a good scrambled egg after every second workout ( you must be tired and fuck up afterwards, not a soft workout ). That will give you good carbs and a hig amount of protein. Make sure it's more than your normal intake, which would be 3 eggs instead of 2.

Don't only do sit ups, that will NOT give you a ribbed abdomen. You will need to do the bicycle reps as well ( look up on youtube, they show you how to do it ). You should also do press ups ( they will be hard to start with, but will get very easy over time ).
If he makes his own protein shake he should be fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard