Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

War Man wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

War Man wrote:

You'd be surprised at how Conservatives have always been disappointed with the elections. Me and my parents were disappointed at this election until Palin showed up.
you and your parents are retarded.
Trust me, if I had my parent's knowledge you would be shaking your ass off, but I'm just a 15 year old too young to be able to be in a political party or even vote(but thanks for the karma anyway reaper )

Anyway Palin tops Obama big time, she has foreign policy experience(she has dealt with Russia and Canada before) and plus Lieberman is tutoring her on foreign policy which more and more she is improving, Obama doesn't. Plus 12,000 people showed up at Cedarburg to see Palin, Oh and also 39,000,000 viewers saw McCain at the convention which is 1,000,000 more than Obama, what does that tell you?

So go fuck off libs.
One of the funniest, most uneducated posts I've ever read on here in a long, long time.

Well done.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

Reciprocity wrote:

FEOS wrote:

he did, however, say how he would work with whomever he needed to to get things done.
Bush Jr. spouted off the same bullshit eight years ago.  He wasn't a "Washington insider" or part of the good ole' boys club.  He was a uniter, not a divider.

If democrats and republicans work together, why have two parties?
So you're saying the people elected to serve the American people shouldn't do that. They should put party loyalty over constituent loyalty, and over loyalty to the country at large?

I'm sure you didn't mean THAT.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon

FEOS wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

FEOS wrote:

he did, however, say how he would work with whomever he needed to to get things done.
Bush Jr. spouted off the same bullshit eight years ago.  He wasn't a "Washington insider" or part of the good ole' boys club.  He was a uniter, not a divider.

If democrats and republicans work together, why have two parties?
So you're saying the people elected to serve the American people shouldn't do that. They should put party loyalty over constituent loyalty, and over loyalty to the country at large?

I'm sure you didn't mean THAT.
I'm saying all this "across the aisle" talk is bullshit.  Unless it's a law against punting babies, they're always gunna fight and get nothing done.  which is how it should be.  They need to handle all the basic stuff, like no baby punting, and remain gridlocked the rest of the time so that neither of them can seriously fuck up my life.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6339|tropical regions of london
"across the aisle" is such a limie term.  There are no "aisles" to cross in the United States like there are in British parliament
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon

"across the aisle" is such a limie term.  There are no "aisles" to cross in the United States like there are in British parliament
yeah, sorry. I sometimes use eurified spellin.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA

Spearhead wrote:

You gotta be kidding me Harmor.
Nope.  Surprised?

Spearhead wrote:

You obviously dont know much about lawyers if you think each and every one of them is out of touch with regular people.  Ever heard of public defenders?  My mom is a civil attorney who represents workers who often time are disciminated against by big corporations.  It's insulting to me when you think that bullshit that lots of uninformed Americans buy into.  Lawyers are nothnig more than representatives for people in court, some of them are assholes, a lot of them aren't.
Then I would rather your mom run for president than O'Bama...she sounds like the type of person we need.

Spearhead wrote:

Also, Obama grew up being raised by a single mom who had to apply for food stamps sometimes.  He then worked his way into college, and after getting a degree in political science, went to Harvard. McCain was the son of an admiral who finished fourth to last in his class at the Naval academy.  Palin got a science degree from some small school.
You're right, you should judge a person on their education and not what they stand for.

Spearhead wrote:

You really hurt your argument, not because of what you're arguing for, but because you're doing it so poorly and don't seem to know much about the situation.
I would do better if I was a lawyer, huh?

Spearhead wrote:

mayor of a small town > community organizer?  Whats the fucking difference?
About 8,500 people.

Spearhead wrote:

This isnt a resume competition.
When both sides talk about their experience to be POTUS, it is.

Spearhead wrote:

Its pretty sad there are so many people who honestly believe this bullshit the GOP has put out there saying Palin is more qualified than Obama.
She's been an executive where the buck stopped with her...not in a Foreign Relations committee.  She runs a state, not a pot luck at the local Y.

Spearhead wrote:

What a joke.
I'm laughing.

Spearhead wrote:

And you people now say you want to change politics as usual.  Doublethink plus doublespeak.
Us people are going to do it...John McCain and Sarah Palin are going to bring back the Republican to their core principles...gone are the wishy washy Republicans in the 2006 election...its go time and having a Republican president with a Democratic congress should mean the greasy pork barrel wheels of entitlments and pet projects are going to grind to a stop.  Maybe, just maybe when it was the reversed (1994-2000), we'll turn this country around.

Spearhead wrote:

George Orwell saw it coming.
Wasn't he on radio?  Did they even have TV's back then?  Oh, you're talking about 1984 with that Hillary ad?  Yeah, luckly we dodge that bullet with her.

Spearhead wrote:

Also, you and other righties like you point out that now this is a smear campaign,
It is and it so sad an sexist...the American people see right though it.

Spearhead wrote:

blah blah blah.
And that's what it sounds like.

Spearhead wrote:

What about the almost constant smears for MONTHS directed at Obama by Hillary Clinton and McCain fucking working together?
I'm sure Hillary would disagree.  If anything O'Bama hasn't been vetted yet...hasn't been asked the hard questions and has only needed to give answers in broad / general terms until his interview with Bill O'Reilly (see it here http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html).

Bill O'Reilly will air the rest of his 4 part interview on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week. 

Spearhead wrote:

Double standards....... christ.
No...and he's not going to help O'Bama win.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

Regardless of what I think this race is not going to be walk for either side.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6358|Vancouver

Harmor wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

mayor of a small town > community organizer?  Whats the fucking difference?
About 8,500 people.

Spearhead wrote:

This isnt a resume competition.
When both sides talk about their experience to be POTUS, it is.

Spearhead wrote:

Its pretty sad there are so many people who honestly believe this bullshit the GOP has put out there saying Palin is more qualified than Obama.
She's been an executive where the buck stopped with her...not in a Foreign Relations committee.  She runs a state, not a pot luck at the local Y.
Most school superintendents (hell, even some principals) have had the experience of dealing with 8,500 people in an executive position. It's relevancy to her potential positions is equivalent to the bullshit that employers skip over when they read a resume.

I'm certainly no Obama fan. Neither do I identify with the Republican position, Mostly, I'm happy with politics north of the 49th. I'll be one to criticize Obama's lack of experience. No question about that. But when the Republicans intend to tout her as someone experienced while Obama is not, I call bullshit when I see it. After hammering Obama for months about his short time in federal politics, they pick someone with a short list of qualifications. She has been a Governor of Alaska for a year and a half. That's something, but it's not that much. It certainly doesn't count for any foreign policy experience.

Politically, Palin is a fine choice. A (relatively) young, attractive, socially conservative woman. It fits with what they need. I'd accept arguments for why she may make a fine vice-president. But when Republicans cry foul about some of the tactics used to smear her name, and the way they tout her 'experience', it is laughable. Don't get me wrong. The Democrats are just as guilty for choosing an inexperienced candidate, only to attack Palin for the same thing. I find little positive qualities for either party.
TrueMusou
+36|6157|United States Of Hamerica

Harmor wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

What about the almost constant smears for MONTHS directed at Obama by Hillary Clinton and McCain fucking working together?
I'm sure Hillary would disagree.  If anything O'Bama hasn't been vetted yet...hasn't been asked the hard questions and has only needed to give answers in broad / general terms until his interview with Bill O'Reilly (see it here http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html).

Bill O'Reilly will air the rest of his 4 part interview on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week.
Lol, Papa Bear holds no credibility in any debates, sorry.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

TrueMusou wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Lol, Papa Bear holds no credibility in any debates, sorry.
Well Harmors credibility just went out the window as well.  Bill O'Reilly is an insult to America.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command

Spearhead wrote:

Bill O'Reilly is an insult to America.
I take it you have never caught his show?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Spearhead wrote:

Well Harmors credibility just went out the window as well.  Bill O'Reilly is an insult to America.
how cute.  young angry dems angry at a talk show.  lol
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

ATG wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Bill O'Reilly is an insult to America.
I take it you have never caught his show?
Uh, no quite the opposite.  I take it you think I'm an idiot? 

Bill O'Reilly is a self righteous hate mongering jackass.  I've seen his show plenty of times.  The fact that so many Americans watch his show is pathetic.

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

how cute.  young angry dems angry at a talk show.  lol
I'm an independent.  Same as you. 

So hey if all young people are uninformed and stupid liberals, how about we have a War Man vs. Spearhead debate?  That 15 year old conservative is 10 times worse than any underage liberal thats ever posted in DST.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

ya, you sure act independent.

nothing good to say about mccain or anything.  foaming at the mouth about bill O.  always using the word "right" in a negative context.  ya, you are independent.  lol
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
One of the more profound things that set the two conventions apart;

The democrats seem to be offering to solve everything for us while saying that the government is a failure and should be trusted to solve more of our problems.

McCAin said " We'd like to see more young people running for office. If you think your government is broken, get involved in local politics and help solve it. " or words to that effect.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

ATG wrote:

McCAin said " We'd like to see more young people running for office. If you think your government is broken, get involved in local politics and help solve it. " or words to that effect.
Which is extremely ironic for a couple obvious reasons, but an interesting sentiment nonetheless.

Are they actually doing anything about it though, or just saying it to go after the traditionally liberal younger vote?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6163

War Man wrote:

War Man wrote:

You'd be surprised at how Conservatives have always been disappointed with the elections. Me and my parents were disappointed at this election until Palin showed up.
you and your parents are retarded.
Trust me, if I had my parent's knowledge you would be shaking your ass off, but I'm just a 15 year old too young to be able to be in a political party or even vote(but thanks for the karma anyway reaper )

Anyway Palin tops Obama big time, she has foreign policy experience(she has dealt with Russia and Canada before) and plus Lieberman is tutoring her on foreign policy which more and more she is improving, Obama doesn't. Plus 12,000 people showed up at Cedarburg to see Palin, Oh and also 39,000,000 viewers saw McCain at the convention which is 1,000,000 more than Obama, what does that tell you?

So go fuck off libs.
Palin dealt with Russia? Alaska faces Russia's ass, what did Palin do? Filter Russia's shit?  I ain't even going to mention the Canda point because of its plain stupidity.

Lieberman tutoring Palin?  You made me pee from laughter, I demand new underwear.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

Spearhead wrote:

That 15 year old conservative is 10 times worse than any underage liberal thats ever posted in DST.
rammunition much?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
God Save the Queen
Banned

ATG wrote:

One of the more profound things that set the two conventions apart;

The democrats seem to be offering to solve everything for us while saying that the government is a failure and should be trusted to solve more of our problems.

I see the exact opposite.  The obama campaign has been promoting citizen involvement from the start.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland
a vote for mccain is a vote against welfare
God Save the Queen
Banned
Im not against welfare.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

ya, you sure act independent.

nothing good to say about mccain or anything.  foaming at the mouth about bill O.  always using the word "right" in a negative context.  ya, you are independent.  lol
Ya, and you are independent too, lmao

You are a right winger and I am a left winger.  Party does not matter.  I think the Democrats suck.  But they are the only option that's better than the epic suckiness of the GOP.

There you happy? 

And I'll say something good about McCain.  8 years ago he was better than freakin John Kerry or Al Gore.  I would've voted for him, if I were a Republican.  John McCain was one of the best senators in the country.

Not since he started running for president though.  As gs always says, he sold out to the evangicals and other right wing groups in order to win his parties nomination. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Hillary Clinton were the Democrats nominee for President I'd seriously consider voting for McCain.  But good thing Obama won.

Is that enough evidence for you?  Or do you have short term memory loss?  This election isn't 100 percent about the issues (they never are anyways).  I think character counts too.  In my eyes Obama/Biden lie/mislead/flip flop much less often than their GOP opposites.  If it were the other way around I'd vote for McCain/Palin.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 11:57:58)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Spearhead wrote:

You are a right winger and I am a left winger.
wrong.  i said i wanted an obama / palin ticket.  so not sure how that is right wing.  i hate religion and dont give two shits if gay people get married.  so keep tossing your labels around, i will just stick to my beliefs.  you go believe what you are told.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

You are a right winger and I am a left winger.
wrong.  i said i wanted an obama / palin ticket.  so not sure how that is right wing.  i hate religion and dont give two shits if gay people get married.  so keep tossing your labels around, i will just stick to my beliefs.  you go believe what you are told.
Palins a social conservative and is against gay marriage.

So keep tossing your insults around, I will stick to my beliefs.  You go belief whatever the fuck you want.

ps. I find it funny how you think I'm the one tossing labels around when you think that just because you want an Obama/Palin ticket that makes you non-right wing.

If you asked every single DST regular what you are, 99 percent would say right winger.  the 1 percent would be you trying to act independent, because now thats the cool thing to do.

Any real liberal worth his salt has been an independent since the 90's.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 12:21:34)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
usm would cream at the thought of an Obama/Hagel ticket

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard