Pvt.Kosak
+125|6604
Part 1 :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y27MmCvAt … ature=user

New Features

Football Manager 2009 Handheld

New 2D Match Engine - Best thing they have done in years!
Play 3 Leagues at once,compared to 1.
New Skins
Game Updated

Football Manager 2009

New 3D Match Engine! - Btw you can pick which match engine you want (2D)
New Press Conferences
New Transfer System
New Transfer Rumour System
Improved 2d Match Engine
New Tactics
Easier to use

More new features to follow suit!

Cannot wait!

Part 2 :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=77URmWUc- … ature=user

Last edited by Pvt.Kosak (2008-09-03 11:18:08)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6727|England. Stoke
Do want!!
Been waiting for this, keep being tempted to start playing last years again, but been waiting for this new version. And by the looks of it, it will have been worth the wait! The new 3D match engine is the most obvious new feature, but I'm also liking the sound of a lot of the other new features.
Can't wait till I can begin guiding the mighty Potters to Premier and Champions league glory!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

so its not looking top down but actually like watching a match in fifa?  or will the graphics suck?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6727|England. Stoke

usmarine wrote:

so its not looking top down but actually like watching a match in fifa?  or will the graphics suck?
Yeah can play, with the Fifa style view, but its a new feature, so not sure what the graphics will be like. And although the graphics wont be the primary focus of the engine I would imagine that they will be ok. But tbh as I this is a new feature to the game, and has always been something that would be cool, but it hasn't stopped me from playing every version for about the last 10 years, and playing each for many, many hours. The 3D match engine is it not needed for this game to be brilliant, but now it will simply increase the levels of

Last edited by coke (2008-09-03 13:14:26)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6774|Scotland

coke wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Yeah can play, with the Fifa style view, but its a new feature, so not sure what the graphics will be like. And although the graphics wont be the primary focus of the engine I would imagine that they will be ok. But tbh as I this is a new feature to the game, and has always been something that would be cool, but it hasn't stopped me from playing every version for about the last 10 years, and playing each for many, many hours. The 3D match engine is it not needed for this game to be brilliant, but now it will simply increase the levels of
True, very true. The awesomesauce of the game lies in how it works.

Although, I have always pondered what it would be like to see those
"Best Goal of the week - Messi - Scoring a lovely curling shot from the edge of the box" type of goals.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6460|Stealth City, UK
Been playing FM Live for the last couple of months and it uses the same match engine. Been a huge improvement over the last few years. No more constant through balls or no closeing down by your DC's. The 3D part is just the graphical view of the engine, so in essence its the same as the 2D but now you can actually 'see' whats happening.

Also likeing the improved transfer system and hopefully there wont be anymore £5million valued players which nobody wants even for free!

The re-gens have also been improved, so hopefully 10 years on there will be players who replace Ronaldo and Messi and not just a load of Pub League players
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6727|England. Stoke

buLLet_t00th wrote:

No more constant through balls or no closeing down by your DC's.

Also likeing the improved transfer system and hopefully there wont be anymore £5million valued players which nobody wants even for free!

The re-gens have also been improved, so hopefully 10 years on there will be players who replace Ronaldo and Messi and not just a load of Pub League players
Excellent!

Those 3 points there were some of things that annoyed the most in previous incarnations, particularly the fact that it was virtually impossible to sell the players that you no longer wanted, but every fucker would be after your star youngsters that you repeatedly said weren't for sale!!
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6604

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Been playing FM Live for the last couple of months and it uses the same match engine. Been a huge improvement over the last few years. No more constant through balls or no closeing down by your DC's. The 3D part is just the graphical view of the engine, so in essence its the same as the 2D but now you can actually 'see' whats happening.

The FM Live beta was crap.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6460|Stealth City, UK

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

The FM Live beta was crap.
It gets annoying if you've got a crap team and you need to spend a good amount of time on it each day.

i enjoyed it enough to pre-order.

Hover around the top 20 with my seniors and have just started to concentrate cmpleteley on U-21's, so I'm top 5 in youth rankings. You get more out of it when you see your 15 yr olds improve tonnes and then they beat some tards senior team.
Nintendogamer
+72|6605|Chelmsford, UK
what english leagues are in the football manager series?
kptk92
u
+972|6426|tc_london
Meh, I dislike Manager games, I prefer to control the players...

I can do FIFA's Manager Mode
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6125|Birmingham, UK

usmarine wrote:

Graphics don't matter in this.

The 2D one is perfect for me. You honestly don't need graphics if you like football, just the detail is enough.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6727|England. Stoke

Nintendogamer wrote:

All of them, you can play non-league etc. if you want
Nintendogamer
+72|6605|Chelmsford, UK

coke wrote:

Nintendogamer wrote:

All of them, you can play non-league etc. if you want
quality, looks like i will be getting this game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard