wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Well does it? I mean like improve fps overall at all or anything like that?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

updating drivers can help performance, reliability and features. New cards often benefit. Old ones usually do not
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6325|England - Kent
Plus some games require the latest and greatest drivers to run like directX.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

max wrote:

updating drivers can help performance, reliability and features. New cards often benefit. Old ones usually do not
Thank you soulja boi, I miss your old avatar.
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine
If you read the release notes, you can see what it fixes and if it is of any benefit to you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Expanding on the last post, drivers can have a dramatic effect on performance, as explained in the release notes (and sometimes as an unexpected side-effect). Game-stopping laggy crashes have been known to be put to rest by driver updates.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-09-02 05:27:04)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Expanding on the last post, drivers can have a dramatic effect on performance, as explained in the release notes (and sometimes as an unexpected side-effect). Game-stopping laggy crashes have been known to be put to rest by driver updates.
Ah ok yeah, I do read the release notes but they only really seem to improve problems with the latest games. They don't really say stuff like increased overall performance by ten fold or anything like that.
Sambuccashake
+126|6580|Sweden

wah1188 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ah ok yeah, I do read the release notes but they only really seem to improve problems with the latest games. They don't really say stuff like increased overall performance by ten fold or anything like that.
That is probably kinda hard to do...
CrazeD
+368|6642|Maine

wah1188 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Of course it won't say that, unless there was a bug which caused drastic loss of performance.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

welcome to the forum, Olivia! what a necrobumper you are!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard